Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread

musicaltheatrechick
#25Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:06am

Did School of Rock perform already? 

bfreak
#26Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:07am

The Wiz looked so bad it was comical. I wouldn't watch that if Queen Latifah showed up to my house with a paycheck to watch it.

Broadway Joe Profile Photo
Broadway Joe
#27Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:08am

musicaltheatrechick said: "Did School of Rock perform already? 

Not yet 

"

VintageSnarker
#28Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:16am

I woke up for Finding Neverland (missing On Your Feet and The King and I). I agree that Believe feels like old hat but the Macy's sign was a good moment. Fiddler was fine. Not filmed well. A Musical came across pretty well but again didn't play as well as it does in the theatre.

I thought The Wiz sounded good, especially Neyo, and I will definitely watch but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the choreo fell flat. I also hope they do a better job of filming it.

MikeInTheDistrict Profile Photo
MikeInTheDistrict
#29Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:16am

Am I the only one who enjoyed The Wiz performance? I thought it was probably the most engaging of the performances, aside from Fiddler, crappy choreography notwithstanding.

sng
#30Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:18am

Did Fiddler perform Tradition or To Life??

Showface
#31Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:20am

MikeInTheDistrict said: "Am I the only one who enjoyed The Wiz performance? I thought it was probably the most engaging of the performances, aside from Fiddler, crappy choreography notwithstanding.

"

Nope. I enjoyed it immensely! The cast had great chemistry and energy and I smiled throughout it! I can't wait until next Thursday!

Updated On: 11/26/15 at 10:20 AM

FindingNamo
#32Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:21am

I thought The Wiz was fine.  And thank god NBC is giving space to a Traditionally Black Musical.  

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#33Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:26am

Everyone has it in their minds that The Wiz will suck (even though no one has seen even 10 minutes of it, lol) and everyone just passes it off as terrible or boring while they sniff their own  farts.

MVintheheartland
#34Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:26am

Looks like we midwesterners are seeing it 1 hour delayed. Just saw "Believe", which I actually thought was pretty good.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#35Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:31am

what happened with School of Rock?? Did I miss it??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#36Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:32am

Why did Hamilton not perform? 

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#37Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:32am

double post

Updated On: 11/26/15 at 10:32 AM

kadu335 Profile Photo
kadu335
#38Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:34am

I hope "On Your Feet" don't go for that same shortened  finale medley on every tv appearance. The original unabridged version works well as an encore,but would prefer having a number that is part of the actual story... it would sell the show better. It was energetic though!

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Updated On: 11/26/15 at 10:34 AM

VintageSnarker
#39Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:36am

What shows are we still waiting on?

Wilmingtom
#40Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:38am

I thought the Fiddler staging was stunning, so authentic and visceral.  I greatly love and respect the Robbins but it's nice to see a new take on it.  His estate must be loosening up.  

VintageSnarker
#41Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:43am

Jersey Boys on CBS still had terrible unmotivated panning shots but it played well. Is this Cirque du Soleil thing from Paramour?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#42Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:44am

Hamilton22 said: "Why did Hamilton not perform? 

"

they don't need to.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#43Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:48am

Exactly. The numbers on the parade are one big commercial.

Poster Emeritus

KCW Profile Photo
KCW
#44Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:49am

Hamilton22 said: "Everyone has it in their minds that The Wiz will suck (even though no one has seen even 10 minutes of it, lol) and everyone just passes it off as terrible or boring while they sniff their own  farts."

Not so long ago you were the person "sniff (ing) their own farts" about Fiddler. 

I appoligise for any spelling mistakes. I may be on my mobile. Clumsy fingers and small little touchscreen keys don't mixx. I try to spellcheck, but I may miss something.

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#45Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:51am

People started sniffing their farts about the Wiz way longer than I have about Fiddler. And at least my criticisms of Fiddler are warranted because many people have seen it. No one has seen hardly anything of The Wiz and it's already a crap show? lol okay people.

And I'm warming up to Fiddler because of the god notices it's getting. 

Updated On: 11/26/15 at 10:51 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#46Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:54am

Missed all the Broadway stuff. They should have been throwing fried chicken legs to the crowd. Liked the overweight guys for a change of pace.

Poster Emeritus

VintageSnarker
#47Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:55am

It's not going to happen, but I wish NBC would stop monopolizing the acts if they're going to do this bad of a job of showing them off. I feel like it wasn't always this bad (I mean the floats and marching bands, too, not just the Broadway shows).

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#48Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:57am

Why don't they film the performances in the theatre like CBS does. That just seems smarter, because then they can sing live and use the real sets.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MVintheheartland
#49Thanksgiving Day Parade Performance Thread
Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:59am

I also enjoyed The Wiz quite a bit. Just saw it here in Chicagoland.  

On another note, were there Any people of color in the Rockettes? I sure didn't see any.

Updated On: 11/26/15 at 10:59 AM