pixeltracker

Hamilton in the Blizzard- Page 3

Hamilton in the Blizzard

JM226
#50Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:33pm

travel ban in NYC going into effect at 2:30pm. Forget it. shows are not happening tonight. sorry, friend. 

colleen_lee
#51Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:34pm

There is no way shows are going on tonight. Roads are closing as of 2:30 and above ground subway lines are closing as of 4:30. Staff are not going to be able to get to the theaters.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#52Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:35pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I swear to God, if they cancel shows tonight... I just took a leap of faith and shelled out money for a Hamilton Ticketmaster resell ticket for tonight's performance as a major YOLO. Please, Theatre God...

"

Oh god! I hope you get a full refund! ?? That sucks so bad!

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#53Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:37pm

colleen_lee said: "Staff are not going to be able to get to the theaters."

If we're objectively and specifically talking about staff, wouldn't you think they're already in the theater for matinees today? (Again, I have a theatre ticket for tonight, so I'm just channelling all the blind hope I have...)

wssinsider
#54Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:39pm

Announcement of cancellation coming in the next minutes. Get a refund. Actors are literally tweeting that they are stuck in trains and traffic. 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#55Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:40pm

wssinsider said: "Announcement of cancellation coming in the next minutes. Get a refund. Actors are literally tweeting that they are stuck in trains and traffic. 

"

Of matinees too?

colleen_lee
#56Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:40pm

Many are stranded. Due to the travel ban, those who are currently there are going to need to head home soon unless they are planning to sleep there tonight.

"You just can't win. Ever. Look at the bright side, at least you are not stuck in First Wives Club: The Musical. That would really suck. " --Sueleen Gay

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#57Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:41pm

That's deaf, dumb and blind hope. No one is going to risk their lives traveling anywhere in this weather let alone to go see a Broadway show. 

Aladdin and Lion King already cancelled performances and don't be surprised when the others follow suit. 

Roads and public transportation are being shut down. 

VirginiaK
#58Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:42pm

Yes if they're shutting down transportation, they'll have to cancel matinees too I think so people can get home. 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#59Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:46pm

VirginiaK said: "Yes if they're shutting down transportation, they'll have to cancel matinees too I think so people can get home. 

"

Dang they need to announce quick cuz I have to head there in the next 15 minutes to get there. 

CarlosAlberto
#60Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:49pm

It sucks but what are you gonna do. It's a severe winter storm. Producers are not going to risk their performers well being for one day of performances and the theater organizations are not going to risk their staffs lives as well. It's treacherous out there.

I had tickets to see Rita Moreno's American Songbook series today at Lincoln Center, guess what?

The concert is cancelled and is NOT going to be re-scheduled. At least those that purchased tickets for a matinee or evening performance today for any other show will be able to get tickets for a later date. I won't be able to see this concert at all.

That's life.

Updated On: 1/23/16 at 12:49 PM

flinger072
#61Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:50pm

per broadway league website:

Weather Alert

Saturday, January 23, 12:45pm

All Broadway matinee and evening performances in NYC for Saturday January 23rd are canceled. Tickets purchased by credit card will receive an automatic refund. Patrons should contact their point-of-purchase for any questions or to discuss exchange options.

CarlosAlberto
#62Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:52pm

And there you have it. It doesn't surprise me. Bundle up, stay in, watch a good flick and stay safe everyone. Broadway ain't going anywhere...it'll still be there after the storm. I promise!

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#63Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:53pm

flinger072 said: "per broadway league website:

Weather Alert

Saturday, January 23, 12:45pm

All Broadway matinee and evening performances in NYC for Saturday January 23rd are canceled. Tickets purchased by credit card will receive an automatic refund. Patrons should contact their point-of-purchase for any questions or to discuss exchange options.

"

Hamilton hasn't tweeted yet. I'm literally standing in hotel lobby waiting for the tweet 

CarlosAlberto
#64Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:55pm

You're waiting for a tweet over a statement from the Broadway League regarding the cancellation of ALL Broadway performances. LOL.

Denial is not a river in Egypt my friend.

Go back up to your hotel room, grab the remote, order room service and settle in.

Updated On: 1/23/16 at 12:55 PM

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#65Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:55pm

Why do you care what Hamilton tweets? All shows cancelled. Hamilton is no exception.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#66Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:57pm

Jesus

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#67Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 1:02pm

If you still need clarification, Lin tweeted that it's indeed off today. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#68Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 1:11pm

the mayor basically said in his 12:30 press conference that Broadway should shut down. Also, there's a travel ban starting at 2:30pm in NYC. If you're caught driving after that, you could get arrested. Just sucks for anyone who arrived early at a theater. Broadway had no option but to cancel all shows today.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#69Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 1:14pm

I am so glad I didn't give in to my temptation to go down there and wait for cancelation tickets.   I think it's time to open up a bottle of wine and binge watch Making a Murderer.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#70Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 1:47pm

sucks for all those people who stood outside the theater, possibly for several hours in the snow & cold. But they should've known better with 20 inches getting dumped on the city today.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

CarlosAlberto
#71Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 2:21pm

ACL2006 said: "sucks for all those people who stood outside the theater, possibly for several hours in the snow & cold. But they should've known better with 20 inches getting dumped on the city today."

But that's always the case. A storm alert is issued and the cynical in us takes it with a grain of salt and starts to justify the denial by saying "It's not going to be that bad", "They always say that and nothing happens" or "It's not going to hit us".

Really? People need to understand that these alerts are not done "just for the hell of it". They're done so we can better prepare ourselves in the event if the storm does hit. 

Me personally? I'd rather be safe than sorry. I can't feel too bad for the people who did not use common sense and stayed home and opted instead to venture out into the city so that they could score some tickets to a Broadway show. Where are your priorities?

Now most have unfortunately been stranded in the city with no options of getting home because of the travel ban and now they're complaining.

Updated On: 1/23/16 at 02:21 PM

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#72Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 2:41pm

CarlosAlberto said: "You're waiting for a tweet over a statement from the Broadway League regarding the cancellation of ALL Broadway performances. LOL.

Denial is not a river in Egypt my friend.

Go back up to your hotel room, grab the remote, order room service and settle in.

"

Lol, I wanted it to cancel. I'm not trying to die. 

CarlosAlberto
#73Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 2:44pm

Hellob said: "Lol, I wanted it to cancel. I'm not trying to die. "

Smart lady! No Broadway show is worth risking your life, lol! You're lucky you have a hotel room to go to. Some people are stuck in the city that can't return home! Be well!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#74Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 2:58pm

The mass cancellations suck on so many levels, but at least thousands of peoples' safeties aren't going to be at immediate risk. Be safe and stay warm, everybody.