Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Shrek3
#26The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 1:27pm

A lot, clearly. :)

FindingNamo
#27The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 2:00pm

It seems as if you're lost in time, lost in space and meaning.

Who were you before this incarnation?

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#28The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 2:03pm

FindingNamo said: "Awww, it's doesn't "feel" like a unit!  Perhaps The Partridge Family could play all the roles.  RIP Tracy"

I will respond to a point made by a person I've blocked once and only once (though I'm almost certain they know better and are just trolling, as is their usual practice) to explain what I meant by what I said. (Frankly, I wouldn't know what they said if I hadn't clicked Reply to see why the last poster looked like a maniac trying to stir the pot. That's what happens when replies in a thread disappear. :P)

As the great casting director Michael Shurtleff once said, "Many times I have heard directors say about an actor: 'That is the best audition we'll ever see of that role. Too bad we can't cast him.' Their regret is genuine. But there has to be a balance in casting -- the parts must fit like a jigsaw puzzle -- and there are times when the best auditioners don't 'fit.'"

The casting for this event looks like the parts were fit together by sledgehammer. Hope no one hurt their thumb in the process. I'm not asking for the Partridge Family, or even for the Tribe from Hair. I just want a cast that makes sense.

To everyone who understood my point better after this post, thank you for listening. To the person whom I've blocked: eat a peach.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky
Updated On: 2/6/16 at 02:03 PM

Shrek3
#29The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 2:30pm

The casting looks fine, people. Stop complaining. 

FindingNamo
#30The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 2:40pm

I will respond to a point made by a person I've blocked once and only once

For at least the third time!   #realcred

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#31The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 2:45pm

I'm really unimpressed with some of this casting. I get the need to include Tim Curry, that seems to be the norm nowadays doesn't it? Get some connection from the past to make it relevant to the present. 

I agree that if this would air on any of the premium cable networks the material can be presented as is without any censorship as it stands now I fear that it will be heavily edited for content.

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#32The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 2:48pm

A way I can see this loony casting making sense is if they're going for a complete parody of the original. Not that the original was to be taken seriously, but maybe this is just going to be ridiculous fun.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

FindingNamo
#33The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 2:55pm

At this point isn't all just an exercise in keeping the title alive?  They've done so many things with Rocky, none of it erasing the film, at this point they just need to do something every few years to introduce new generations to it.   Some of it will work, some of it will not (like in the original movie!) but it's really nothing to fret over.

broadwayboy223
#34The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 5:41pm

What a hot ass mess of a cast 

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#35The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 6:23pm

@broadwayboy223: watch your back cuz shrek3 will come after u for complaining about this. he/she/it can be quite the nasty one when someone dared to share a criticism, opinion or point of view that doesn't align with hers/his/it

Shrek3
#36The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 6:32pm

I've never commented on the rocky show except that I said  that I liked the casting of Ben. I' m just smart enough to realize it's pointless to bitch  about every live broadcast before I have seen them. You, my ridiculous quirky Carlos, have eaten your words on the Wiz and Grease. But it's cool man. You're just expressing yourself. :) 

Updated On: 2/6/16 at 06:32 PM

CarlosAlberto
#37The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 6:36pm

Yes Iet me express myself by letting you know to get out of my way....it's not a pretty view. 

That at is all.

Shrek3
#38The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 6:39pm

I mean are you actually denying that that you didn't complain about The Wiz? You said my comments were untrue, yet you publicly admitted that your friends in the cast scolded you for bitching about the production too much. How do you respond to that? 

CarlosAlberto
#39The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 6:48pm

Liza....STFU....no one cares....get on with your (pathetic) life. 

::: drops mic :::

Updated On: 2/6/16 at 06:48 PM

Shrek3
#40The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 6:51pm

I'm not sure if you'd be really good in politics or really bad.....

Ps. I'm not Liza.

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#41The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 7:26pm

....Lets do the time warp again?

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

CarlosAlberto
#42The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/6/16 at 7:37pm

LOL Cinders....I don't think some would be able to handle my pelvic thrust.....it will drive them in-say-yay-yay-yay-yane!!! 

AEA AGMA SM
#43The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 12:01am

darquegk said: "Eddie, Scott and the Narrator/Criminologist are occasionally the same actor, but it's not extremely common. The Bucks County Playhouse version used the doubling, if I recall."

In both Broadway productions Eddie and Dr. Scott were played by the same actor (Meatloaf in the original production, Lea DeLaria in the revival). The roles are also listed as doubled in the licensed script from Samuel French.

The Narrator/Criminologist couldn't really double with Dr. Scott since they both are in "Eddy's Teddy."

CindersGolightly
#44The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 1:56am

Do you guys think the ensemble of this will be Broadway people? Is Telsey casting this?

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#45The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 9:32am

I hope Christina Milian surprises me and gives a great performance because her casting truly baffles me. Is she even that famous to be worth it? Who's going to tune in just because Christina Milian's in it who wouldn't have watched anyway?

CindersGolightly
#46The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 9:37am

I think her name is one of those names that you think you know who it is, but you're wrong. When she was announced, I was like "Oh! Her! That could be fun." and then I...was terribly mistaken. I know I've heard of her, but I'm not familiar with her as an entertainer. That is what baffles me. She isn't a name, so they easily could have casted a Broadway lady. Lilli Cooper would have been terrific.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#47The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 10:17am

fyi cinders- the word is cast, not casted!

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Shrek3
#48The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 10:20am

FYI Jane - You're supposed to start a sentence with capital letters, not lowercase! Just in case you didn't know.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread

Updated On: 2/7/16 at 10:20 AM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#49The Rocky Horror Picture Show Event Offical Thread
Posted: 2/7/16 at 11:49am

Clouds must be rolling in because there's an awful lot of shade.