Waitress Rush Tickets

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#150Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/1/18 at 10:34pm

bwaylvsong1 said: "I don't think Stephanie (or whoever I saw tonight lol) sounded anything at all like Betsy did when I saw her, hence my confusion."

I admit I haven't seen Betsy in the role, but I've seen her in several other shows, and to me it seemed like Torns was definitely channeling her. Agree to disagree. Still, if you weren't totally sure you were seeing a different actor, you have to admit they're somewhat similar. 

KathyNYC2
#151Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/1/18 at 10:44pm

JBroadway said: "bwaylvsong1 said: "I don't think Stephanie (or whoever I saw tonight lol) sounded anything at all like Betsy did when I saw her, hence my confusion."

I admit I haven't seen Betsy in the role, but I've seen her in several other shows, and to me it seemed like Torns was definitely channeling her. Agree to disagree. Still,if you weren't totally sure you were seeing a different actor, you have to admitthey'resomewhat similar.

"

I'm sorry. I am agreeing to disagree because they are completely different in vocals, looks, interpretation of Jenna. And why would Stephanie channel Betsy? She has been on frequently as Jenna since previews almost two years ago. Betsy arrived 7 months ago. 

bwaylvsong1
#152Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/1/18 at 10:56pm

@Kathy I believe you! I guess Betsy's performance has changed substantially since I saw her in June and looks/sounds different from the rear orchestra than she did from the front mezzanine.
@JBroadway they're both blonde soprano belters but have very different timbres. Though I guess I haven't seen Stephanie as Jenna so can't directly compare Waitress Rush Tickets

Updated On: 1/1/18 at 10:56 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#153Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/1/18 at 11:14pm

KathyNYC2 said: "Im sorry. I am agreeing to disagree because they are completely different in vocals, looks, interpretation of Jenna. 

Noted. Thanks for the input. I respect your opinion, but I'd like to throw out there that I -- a seasoned theatre-goer and a generally sane, observant person, with prior knowledge of Betsy Wolfe's performance style -- DID notice striking similarities in their vocal styles and certain acting habits. I'm not saying that makes me right and you wrong, because it's all a matter of opinion, but to claim with absolute certainty that they have no similarities whatsoever is perhaps a bit bold. 

And why would Stephanie channel Betsy? She has been on frequently as Jenna since previews almost two years ago. Betsy arrived 7 months ago."

Not saying it was a deliberate choice necessarily. I was being hyperbolic to emphasize how similar I though they were. Though now that you mention it, I have heard some stories of past Broadway understudies who tailor their performances over time to more closely resemble the person they're covering. So it is plausible, but again, I'm not claiming that that's necessarily the case. 

Updated On: 1/1/18 at 11:14 PM

ashleyjena
#154Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/4/18 at 11:04pm

Has anyone rushed recently? Planning to rush 1/14 for the matinee, thinking of arriving around 8 (Sunday 2 show day).... My friend really wants a seat rather than SRO because we’re going to a standing concert later that evening....

bsolomonster
#155Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/5/18 at 1:56pm

Anyone rush over the past few days?  Curious if there was much of a line with the weather

chuckydisc
#156Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/5/18 at 2:29pm

ashleyjena said: "Has anyone rushed recently? Planning to rush 1/14 for the matinee, thinking of arriving around 8 (Sunday 2 show day).... My friend really wants a seat rather than SRO because we’re going to a standing concert later that evening...."

Announcing arrival times usually means others will simply plan to get there before you.  Also, note that 1/14 will PROBABLY be the last rush line for Jason Mraz.

ashleyjena
#157Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/5/18 at 3:18pm

chuckydisc said: "ashleyjena said: "Has anyone rushed recently? Planning to rush 1/14 for the matinee, thinking of arriving around 8 (Sunday 2 show day).... My friend really wants a seat rather than SRO because we’re going to a standing concert later that evening...."

Announcing arrival times usually means others will simply plan to get there before you. Also, note that 1/14 will PROBABLY be the last rush line for Jason Mraz.

"

Hmm ok, maybe I’ll plan a back up plan, I didn’t realize it would be his last rush. 

jeaniner
#158Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/14/18 at 11:18am

Ashley how did it go for tickets today? What time did you get there? Enjoy the show!!

mknobloch
#159Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/17/18 at 1:35am

Don't know about Ashley but I rushed this morning. They had 15 tickets available.

The person who got the last tickets had arrived at 645am. Ended up being a little off and ended up grabbing the next cheapest level at the box office expecting it not to be available at tkts though it was at 50%.

Think 7 (when I arrived this morning) is probably fairly safe on a double show day or perhaps like 630 on a single show day.

Updated On: 1/17/18 at 01:35 AM

jeaniner
#160Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/19/18 at 3:34pm

Thanks for the advice! Rushing tomorrow will post a report!

mknobloch said: "Don't know about Ashley but I rushed this morning. They had 15 tickets available.

The person who got the last tickets had arrived at 645am. Ended up being a little off and ended up grabbing the next cheapest level at the box office expecting it not to be available at tkts though it was at 50%.

Think 7 (when I arrived this morning) is probably fairly safe on a double show day or perhaps like 630 on a single show day.
"

idkokay
#161Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/19/18 at 8:09pm

Has anybody heard anything about sro?

KathyNYC2
#162Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/19/18 at 8:21pm

idkokay said: "Has anybody heard anything about sro?"

What about it? There was standing room Tuesday, Thursday and tonight (Friday) of this week so far. Not Wed matinee. No idea when people lined up to get them. 

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#163Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 12:22am

I did standing room on Tuesday, on Sara's first day back. My friend and I lined up at around 3:00-ish? There was one person in front of us. Actually, they were having their final dress rehearsal while we were waiting, so we were all listening to Act 2 in the lobby area while waiting for tickets. The box office sold us tickets around 6:00 and there were only 4 of us in line, which kinda surprised all of us. 

kishane
#164Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 7:03am

There's probably 32 people in line in front of me on Saturday morning at 650am. Do i give up or not haha.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#165Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 8:51am

Walked past this theatre about 15 minutes ago and the rush line was insane! The producers hit the jack-pot convincing Sara to join and re-join this show.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Pepwave12
#166Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 10:36am

10 tickets available this morning.
No one in line after 6:30am got tickets for rush.
New price not posted ANYWHERE: $48/seat.
Wouldn’t have been able to purchase them except for a Good Samaritan who had been in line with us all morning who dropped her card down while my boyfriend ran to the ATM since we had only pulled $80 in cash.

jeaniner
#167Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 11:28am

So glad we all got tickets! That was my friend that paid for yours, we weren’t gonna let you leave without tickets after getting there so early! It was great meeting you, enjoy the show tonight! 

Pepwave12 said: "10 tickets available this morning.
Wouldn’t have been able to purchase them except for a Good Samaritan who had been in line with us all morning who dropped her card down while my boyfriend ran to the ATM since we had only pulled $80 in cash.
"

Notreallysilent 2
#168Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 11:36am

I have a question did people wait in line for SRO after the rush line or did the line start later for today’s matinee?

kishane
#169Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 12:27pm

I think it had to be even earlier because I stayed in line and the two people in front of me were there around 630 and the 12 people in front of them didn't get tickets either. I gave up when i counted 12 for the sro tickets after waiting so long. I checked again around 12pm, the SRO line is still going and they haven't purchased yet.

chuckydisc
#170Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/20/18 at 8:39pm

Pepwave12 said: "10 tickets available this morning.
"

What number in line were you and when did you arrive?

moira8
#171Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/21/18 at 9:16am

My friend rushed this last Fri, Jan 19. He got there at 6:10 and was third in line. He said the first person in line got there at 5am. Only 10 tickets were offered - 3 rush seats, the rest SRO.

Seems like they allow you a choice. 1st person got 1 rush seat, second person opted for two SRO because she wanted seats together. My friend got the last two rush seats (one in last row orchestra center, one in front mezz last seat house left).

jeaniner
#172Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/22/18 at 3:03pm

My friends and I were 2nd in-line and got there a little after 5.

chuckydisc said: "Pepwave12 said: "10 tickets available this morning.
"

What number in line were you and when did you arrive?

"

Mary Beth Black
#173Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/29/18 at 12:19pm

Has anyone rushed for a weekday Sara and Jason show?  How early did you get there?  I am thinking 8am for the Wednesday evening show but worried that might be too late.  

KathyNYC2
#174Waitress Rush Tickets
Posted: 1/29/18 at 12:49pm

This is the first time in a while that there are two shows on Wednesday (usually only Wed Matinee and two on Sunday but because of the Superbowl, only one Sunday this week) so there is not going to be any real info on how early you should get there. There hasn't been a Wed night show since Sara and Jason are there together.

That said, there was a large sign in front of the theater yesterday that says the best availability for this week is for the two Wednesday shows...so good luck.

Updated On: 1/29/18 at 12:49 PM