pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway- Page 2

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway

neonlightsxo
#25Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:46pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Can people who claim to have insider knowledge maybe stop beating around the bush and telling other people they're wrong and instead just say where they've heard it'll be going? Way more productive."

Then what would JM226 do with their life?

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#26Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:48pm

JM226 said: "The Broadhurst definitely seems the most likely

its not.

"

We get it. You have insider info. I also listed several other possibilities and obviously indicated that I didn't know anything but was putting out some guesses. Anyway.

JM226
#27Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:48pm

^ i already PM'ed bwayconcerige with the answer they so desperately seek.  if you were nicer, i would do it for you too.  jerk 

neonlightsxo
#28Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:49pm

I also wrote, full disclosure, that I don't know anything personally, yet JM226 took it on themselves to DM me and tell me it's not the Booth or the Broadhurst. Just an idea. Get a hobby.

There are tons of open theaters. We'll find out soon.

Clyde15
#29Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:49pm

Thank god this is moving to Broadway! I was suppose to see it this week and had To cancel my trip last minute! I really hope this takes the Barrymore! I feel like it's the perfect size for this show. It's feels intimate no matter where you are in the the theatre. This is a show where it needs to be an intimate theatre. 

smidge
#30Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:54pm

JM226 said: "The Broadhurst definitely seems the most likely

its not.

JM also said

"it's not transferring in fall. In spring. "

JM226
#31Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:56pm

yeah you know when that pesky thing called LIFE happens and you cant control it? same with business and producing. the change to fall was decided literally days ago. but nice try 

linzfritz
#32Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:57pm

Would it be normal for a show like this to do more off broadway shows while they're waiting to move to a broadway theatre? Or is that it for performances until it opens on broadway?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#33Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:58pm

JM226 said: "seriously? platt IS a star. platt IS the show. he's winning a Tony next year. they ain't recasting.  one or two parts will be different but the rest of cast will stay on from what i have heard "

I agree that he won't be recast, but maybe hold off on the Tony predictions so soon? There's a ton of stuff that hasn't even been announced yet- literally no one and nothing is a lock for a Tony ceremony over a year away. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#34Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 4:59pm

linzfritz said: "Would it be normal for a show like this to do more off broadway shows while they're waiting to move to a broadway theatre? Or is that it for performances until it opens on broadway?"

Not if Second Stage has a schedule to follow. (Which I'm not entirely sure of the timing on regarding their next show.)

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#35Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:01pm

JM226, We've got it on good authority that it will play the Ambassador, the Ethel Barrymore, the Belasco, the Booth, the Broadhurst, the Broadway, the Cort, the John Golden, the Imperial, the Bernard B. Jacobs, the Longacre, the Lyceum, the Majestic, the Music Box, the Gerald Schoenfeld, the Shubert or the Winter Garden.

Are we close?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#36Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:01pm

Any chance it's the Belasco? Really not a fan of the Barrymore, so hoping it's not that.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#37Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:02pm

Platt is surely the current frontrunner for the 2017 Tony...but it's May 2016. It's a moot point. In May 2015, most—if not everybody—on here would have placed money on Audra getting a nomination (or win) in 2016, and we all know how that unfolded. Cool off on Tony predictions for a while and just focus on casting for next season's shows.

BroadwayPeasent
#38Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:02pm

hork said: "Next year's Tonys should be interesting. Dear Even Hansen vs. Great Comet vs. Anastasia vs. Groundhog Day, plus Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Come From Away, Holiday Inn, and who knows what else in the mix.

Isn't there that show with Laura Osnes ?

"

smidge
#39Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:15pm

JM226 said: "yeah you know when that pesky thing called LIFE happens and you cant control it? same with business and producing. the change to fall was decided literally days ago. but nice try 

Exactly my point. Maybe you can be less definitive in your posts. Nothing is ever a sure thing.  Our faith in you has been shaken to the core.

"

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#40Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:17pm

Bandstand is the one with Laura Osnes, and yes, that's also supposed to come in next season, but nothing specific has been announced on that one.

Yea, the timing of the Tuck closing an DEH announcement is curious, but aside from JM226 being sure that's not where it's going it would have also been a waste to have the Broadhurst dark until November. I hope a show opening in the summer/early fall will snatch it.

I would guess the Barrymore based on nothing but the timing of Curious Incident closing and that DEH can easily go into a "play" theatre, since they don't need to accommodate a big orchestra.

I could see them recasting either of the Murphy's with a somewhat bigger name, but I really hope Rachel Bay Jones will stay, and I'm gonna assume Ben Platt will as well.

@z5
#41Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:18pm

I can really see it going to the Belasco of them all. 

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#42Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:23pm

I really hope Jennifer Laura Thompson stays with it. As good as Ben Platt and Rachel Bay Jones are, hers was probably my favorite performance in the show and absolutely broke my heart. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#43Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:26pm

MichelleCraig said: "JM226, We've got it on good authority that it will play the Ambassador, the Ethel Barrymore, the Belasco, the Booth, the Broadhurst, the Broadway, the Cort, the John Golden, the Imperial, the Bernard B. Jacobs, the Longacre, the Lyceum, the Majestic, the Music Box, the Gerald Schoenfeld, the Shubert or the Winter Garden.

Are we close?

"

From this list we can most certainly get rid of The imperial and the shubert since Natasha and hello dolly will be occupying those theatres. Also the majestic, because phantom.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#44Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:33pm

ok JM226, so if not the Broadhurst, then where is it going to be? maybe a hint? smiley

Updated On: 5/25/16 at 05:33 PM

smidge
#45Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:34pm

I wonder if they'll stay with John Dossett or have Michael Park come back.  They can't go wrong either way. Very happy to get a chance to see this again

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#46Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:35pm

No matter what, I hope they start working on the show asap. It desperately needs a real opening number, a better book, and for Gods sake, Mike Faist's character needs a little dimension.

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#47Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:35pm

Please please let it be up and running by the time I'm there mid-November....   please please please

benmangini
#48Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:36pm

Does Laura dreyfuss have a chance for the Tony ? Love her voice. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#49Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/25/16 at 5:39pm

VotePeron said: "No matter what, I hope they start working on the show asap. It desperately needs a real opening number, a better book, and for Gods sake, Mike Faist's character needs a little dimension."

YES!