pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway- Page 5

Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway

pupscotch
#100Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/26/16 at 9:47pm

John Dossett is going to be in War Paint, which gives some hope that Michael Park might return, especially if War Paint transfers.

Liza's Headband
#101Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 8:29am

pupscotch said: "John Dossett is going to be in War Paint, which gives some hope that Michael Park might return, especially if War Paint transfers.

"

I believe there are tentative plans to transfer WAR PAINT. You can expect Mr. Park to rejoin this musical and I hope I'm right! I very much enjoyed him more than Dossett. 

neonlightsxo
#102Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 8:59am

"A friend tells me that the theater that Evan Hansen is likely going into currently has a tenant, and that's why the theater hasn't been announced"

Yeah, that's the common reason to not announce a theater. As I said, we'll find out soon enough.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#103Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 9:40am

Here's somebody that isn't too happy (From the Theatermania Facebook)
Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway

aaaaaa15
#104Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 9:44am

Ah, another who thinks it is their right as a human being to be able to see Broadway theatre for free and in their cities.

neonlightsxo
#105Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 9:44am

Unless that's you, why are you posting that here? People on Facebook are always unhappy about something.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#106Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 9:45am

Awesome! 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#107Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 9:48am

Oh no! Shows can't play in multiple cities until we have cloning! So sad.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

snarkmachine
#108Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 12:17pm

Super excited to see this.

I remember seeing Platt in Book of Mormon and being blown away. I thought he was just a nepotism hire, but kid's got some serious talent on him.

10086sunset
#109Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 12:20pm

neonlightsxo said: "Unless that's you, why are you posting that here? People on Facebook are always unhappy about something.

"

People on Facebook are usually unhappy about something....Kinda like here:)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#110Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 12:31pm

snarkmachine said: "I thought he was just a nepotism hire, but kid's got some serious talent on him."

His dad isn't producing the show.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

snarkmachine
#111Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 12:43pm

You think one of the biggest producers/heavy-hitters on Broadway can't pull a few strings and get his kid cast in something?

Not that it really matters - like I said, Ben is legitimately talented and would probably still be where he is now if his dad was the night manager at Chipotle.

(The other Platt son in Wicked is another story entirely, but that's for another thread)

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#112Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 12:51pm

snarkmachine said: "I thought he was just a nepotism hire, but kid's got some serious talent on him."

I'll say!  I saw this last Saturday, and Platt's performance was one the more memorable performances I've seen over the past decade, and yes, I've seen Hamilton (also with great performances, don't get me wrong.)  Platt wrings every bit of emotion out of this role that seems humanly possible, along with a killer voice.  He carves a mental impression into your brain that just stays there.

When Hamilton announced its transfer to Broadway from the Public and tickets went on sale, I bought some right away and turned out to be very lucky in that I got great seats for a Saturday night performance when I wanted to go, not a year later.  I plan on doing the same for DEH because I think the show might turn into a hot ticket.  

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

PaulMM2
#113Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 2:45pm

His dad isn't producing the show.

His dad is one of the largest investors in the show. Depending on level of investment, investors are basically silent producers. 

Not knocking Ben or his talent, but his Dad is heavily involved in the shows commercial run.

PurpleMonkey
#114Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 2:54pm

PaulMM2 said: "His dad isn't producing the show.

His dad is one of the largest investors in the show. Depending on level of investment, investors are basically silent producers. 

Not knocking Ben or his talent, but his Dad is heavily involved in the shows commercial run.
"

Nope. His dad isn't invested in the show either. 

PaulMM2
#115Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 2:55pm

Second Stage was also hoping Hasen would be their opening show at the Helen Hayes, they didn't expect the success of The Humans.

They were hoping Humans would be closed by the end of this summer so that they could finish renovations before a Spring opening. The Humans producers negotiated against 2ST as their show has been quite financially successful.

PaulMM2
#116Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 5/27/16 at 2:56pm

Nope. His dad isn't invested in the show either. 

Agree to disagree but I know his father has invested with one of the lead producers. 

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#118Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:12am

I wasn't expecting that. 

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#119Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:14am

Me either. I wish it were going into the Schoenfeld instead. 

@z5
#120Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:14am

I had a feeling it old go there, seems like a perfect fit.

neonlightsxo
#121Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:19am

The Belasco's capacity is 1016, the Schoenfeld is 1079. Seems fine to me.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#122Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:22am

neonlightsxo said: "The Belasco's capacity is 1016, the Schoenfeld is 1079. Seems fine to me."

I just meant location-wise.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#123Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:22am

It's great to see every one is transferring to Broadway! Also, welcome back Michael Park!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#124Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway
Posted: 6/7/16 at 11:23am

Hah! Called it Dear Evan Hansen OFFICIALLY opening on Broadway

Jun 1st, 2016 1:30 PM by Valentina3

Circle In The Square might not be free in time for Dear Evan Hansen. Not sure. I am kinda expecting it to go to Belasco or something like that.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.