pixeltracker

The SpongeBob Musical previews in Chicago beginning June 7, 2016- Page 2

The SpongeBob Musical previews in Chicago beginning June 7, 2016

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#25The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:28am

Hm. Don't hate that idea. But for a big budgeted Broadway musical? Eh. 

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#26The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:55am

Just saw it, and I personally loved it!! Some of the songs seemed a little out of place (the rap song) but I think that the squidward tap number what definitely of the best things I've seen on a stage. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:56am

That tap number was AMAZING! 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

LightsOut90
#28The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 1:16am

anyone want to give us a full run down that went to the first preview?

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
Call_me_jorge
#30The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 9:50am

Act 1
"Bikini Bottom Day" by Jonathan Coulton
"BFF" by Plain White T's
"No Control" by David Bowie and Brian Eno
"When the Going Gets Tough" by T.I.
"(Just A) Simple Sponge" by Panic! At the Disco
"Daddy Knows Best" by Alex Ebert of Edward Sharpe and Magnetic Zeros
"Hero is My Middle Name" by Cyndi Lauper
"Super Sea Star Savior" by Yolanda Adams
"Tomorrow Is" by The Flaming Lips

Act 2
"Poor Pirates" by Sara Bareilles
"Bikini Bottom Day Reprise" by Jonathan Coulton
"Bikini Bottom Boogie" by Steven Tyler and Joe smith of Aerosmith
"Chop to the Top" by Lady Antebellum
"(I Guess I) Miss You" by John legend
"I'm not a loser" by They might be giants
"Best Day Ever" by Andy paley and Tom Kenny
"Finale: Bikini bottom day reprise" by Jonathan Coulton

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#31The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 9:59am

What is the story?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Call_me_jorge
#32The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 10:10am

It's basically about a volcano is about to erupt and they all freak out. No one listens to Sandy who is like scientist I guess(I don't remember this from the tv show). They all get fooled by plankton. So spongebob and sandy find a solution by themselves and they figure out they have throw a bomb into the volcano to stop it from erupting. So they climb the volcano and stop it from erupting. When they get down the town is completely ravaged so spongebob starts sining best day ever to get people to calm down. Everyone fugues out the solutions to their problems and it end happily ever after.

disneybroadwayfan22
#33The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:31pm

Jorge, which characters sing which songs?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#34The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 12:35pm

well I think astronauts are some kind of scientist, right?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Leaf Coneybear
#35The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 1:44pm

Jorge, which characters sing which songs?

"Bikini Bottom Day" - Everyone
"BFF" - Spongebob, Patrick
"No Control" Perch Perkins (the TV announcer) and company
"When the Going Gets Tough" Plankton and company
"(Just A) Simple Sponge" Spongebob and ensemble

"Daddy Knows Best" Mr. Krabs and Pearl
"Hero is My Middle Name" Spongebob, Patrick, Sandy
"Super Sea Star Savior" Patrick, Sardines
"Tomorrow Is" Company

Act 2
"Poor Pirates" Patchy and the pirates
"Bikini Bottom Day Reprise" Spongebob and Gary
"Bikini Bottom Boogie" Electric Skates and Ensemble
"Chop to the Top" by Sandy, Spongebob
"(I Guess I) Miss You" Patrick and Spongebob
"I'm Not a Loser" Squidward, company
"Best Day Ever" Spongebob and Company
"Finale: Bikini bottom day reprise" Company

jbroadway4 Profile Photo
jbroadway4
#36The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 3:10pm

Anyone care to give a full reviews?

Call_me_jorge
#37The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 3:24pm

Here my review which I posted on fb 

SPONGEBOB THE MUSICAL review
WOW! What an experience. While this may have been the first performance in front of an audience it felt like they have been doing this show for years! I felt like they just put out all their ideas on that stage tonight just to see what worked and what didn't work. It was an extremely full show. There were a few songs that felt unnecessary and some which flat out did not work(like this one rap song in the first act). The set seemed a little much and I felt like I was looking at the the scenic elements the sides more often than I did to the actual show. There was one scenic element which threw me off, they used shipping boxes to represent a mountain. The ending felt extremely rushed and overly cliched. The strongest part of the show was the cast with Gavin Lee, Ethan Slater, Lili Cooper and Emmy Raver-Lampman being the standouts. I met all the above plus, Tina landau, Christopher Gattelli and Kyle Jarrow after the show. They were all incredibly friendly. I overheard they may not make a transfer to Broadway until the 2017-2018 season, because of a lack of a theatre which could hold this show.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#38The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 3:25pm

As someone who grew up watching the original SpongeBob episodes on Saturday mornings, I'm excited for this show.  It'll probably be extremely nostalgic for me.

disneybroadwayfan22
#39The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 3:36pm

How was the acting?

Leaf Coneybear
#40The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:24pm

How was the acting?

Amazing! Especially Ethan (SpongeBob), he did a spongebob voice throughout the whole show and never let it drop once. Girl playing Pearl was outstanding. The Squidward costume required the actor to walk a certain way and the man playing him was hilarious (and props to the poor sound guy who had to make the sound effect everytime Squidward took a step) The ensemble was great, really seemed to work together and looked like they were having the time of their lives. 

Jace2017
#41The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:35pm

Just curious who is playing Pearl? Also how was Lilli Cooper? I'm such a big fan our hers.

Jace2017
#42The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016

I don't know why this posted three times. My computer freaked out for a second!

Updated On: 6/8/16 at 11:35 PM

Jace2017
#43The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016

Just curious who is playing Pearl? Also how was Lilli Cooper? I'm such a big fan our hers.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#44The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:40pm

Pearl is played by Hamilton alum Emmy Raver-Lampman.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Call_me_jorge
#45The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/8/16 at 11:43pm

ChgoTheatreGuy said: "Broadway in Chicago announced today a limited number of seats for each performance at $25.00...

"

Is that their rush policy? I can't seem to find any other information on their website regarding this.

Leaf Coneybear
#46The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/9/16 at 12:34am

ChgoTheatreGuy said: "Broadway in Chicago announced today a limited number of seats for each performance at $25.00...

Is that their rush policy? I can't seem to find any other information on their website regarding this.

I've heard about this but don't know much, can anyone explain? 

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#47The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/9/16 at 12:42am

This was thoroughly delightful. I laughed and cried and I've never seen a single episode of SpongBob. 

The first act has a lot of slack and the ending is a little abrupt... but I was delighted. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

ChiTheaterFan
#48The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/9/16 at 5:21am

Leaf Coneybear said: "ChgoTheatreGuy said: "Broadway in Chicago announced today a limited number of seats for each performance at $25.00...

I've heard about this but don't know much, can anyone explain? 

"

I don't think it's a rush policy because there's no rush policy listed on the website. (There is for disenchanted.). Usually they offer a limited number of $25 tickets on the 25th or each month. They also have pretty frequent discounts they announce through social media. 

http://broadwayinchicago.com/special-offers/

Looks like there's an offer for $49 right now and the fine print says valid for top seating locations. (Evening performances only.). The code is PATRICK

TexanAddams18
#49The SpongeBob Musical opening in Chicago - June 7, 2016
Posted: 6/9/16 at 9:23am

The Broadwayinchicago Facebook page announced a student $25 rush for all performances when the box office opens!