pixeltracker

Hamilton New Block of Tickets- Page 3

Hamilton New Block of Tickets

Margo319
#50Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/5/16 at 11:34pm

Sarah,

I wish I could answer that question!  The line " I am imitable, I am an original" makes me think of Daveed, Chris, Lin, Leslie, Okieriete, Pippa, Anthony, Jasmine, and Renee.  It's the best theater district on the planet, so whomever they chose as replacements will be amazing I'm sure.  But, the run in Chicago is open-ended, it could run there forever.  The people cast will be incredible because it takes an incredibly talented performer to be in this production.   A lot of performers like being the first to be cast, so on one hand you will have great performers in Chicago, but the best actors are based in NYC.  "It's all your call"!   Hamilton New Block of Tickets

Updated On: 6/5/16 at 11:34 PM

aaaaaa15
#51Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/5/16 at 11:42pm

With the amount of people that want to be in Hamilton and have been auditioning, I think it will be very difficult to find a mediocre cast for this show for a great number of years. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#52Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 3:35am

probably it's not impossible to watch the Tonys AND buy tickets at the same time, right?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#53Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:29am

Margo319 said: "sarahb22 said: "At this point I'm asking myself if it might be better to see the show in Chicago than NYC. Which version will have better casting? Hmmm...

The original Broadway cast is always the best.  Out of all the people who auditioned in the world, those people were determined the best of the best.  I have no doubt Hamilton in Chicago will be great, but the best cast is always the Broadway one.  Touring casts never compare to the OBC either.

You must be very young to have this perception. Broadway musicals have a very long history of having replacement casts of the highest caliber. As improbable as it may seem to you, this show will have future performers giving much better performances than the OBC. 

A lot of fans have a special attachment to original casts, but that doesn't make them 'best'.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

schubox
#54Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:49am

blaxx said: "Margo319 said: "sarahb22 said: "At this point I'm asking myself if it might be better to see the show in Chicago than NYC. Which version will have better casting? Hmmm...

The original Broadway cast is always the best.  Out of all the people who auditioned in the world, those people were determined the best of the best.  I have no doubt Hamilton in Chicago will be great, but the best cast is always the Broadway one.  Touring casts never compare to the OBC either.

You must be very young to have this perception. Broadway musicals have a very long history of having replacement casts of the highest caliber. As improbable as it may seem to you, this show will have future performers giving much better performances than the OBC. 

A lot of fans have a special attachment to original casts, but that doesn't make them 'best'.

"

This is very true. While for many people, myself included, these characters and the OBC will always be forever linked, that doesn't mean they're the best performances you'll ever see.  Some people will think that no matter what, but often times replacement casts are better than the original. I am going again in October and I am actually excited Lin will be gone because I really want to see Javier. And I am interested to see what this show looks like apart from the OBC.

There are many, many talented people who will be auditioning for these new companies. Most of the OBC were close associates of Lin's. There are plenty of people out there as good, or maybe even better. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#55Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 5:47am

^while I think mosy of us are expecting Javier, that game been announced.   Yet.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#56Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 6:18am

dramamama611 said: "^while I think mosy of us are expecting Javier, that game been announced.   Yet.

"

Yeah I know it is not official but I can't imagine who else would get it. I would think he would get it if he wanted it. Otherwise they're going to have to find someone to take over the biggest show on the planet in a month.

AnnieBlack
#57Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 7:30am

It would have been very classy for the tickets to go on sale at 11pm on June 12th- after the awards- a celebratory move, rather than overlapping the awards.

dramamama611
#58Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 7:32am

"Yeah I know it is not official but I can't imagine who else would get it. I would think he would get it if he wanted it. Otherwise they're going to have to find someone to take over the biggest show on the planet in a month."

Do you think they don't already know who it is?  If they haven't officially announced Lin's leaving, they CERTAINLY aren't going to announce his replacement.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#59Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 8:32am

dramamama611 said: ""Yeah I know it is not official but I can't imagine who else would get it. I would think he would get it if he wanted it. Otherwise they're going to have to find someone to take over the biggest show on the planet in a month."

Do you think they don't already know who it is?  If they haven't officially announced Lin's leaving, they CERTAINLY aren't going to announce his replacement.  

"

Oh I'm sure they already know. Which is another reason why it has to be Javier. But didn't he say a few weeks ago they hadn't talked to him about it? Of course he could be deflecting 

aaaaaa15
#60Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 8:35am

It probably will be Javier but it doesn't have to be. There is every chance that someone else is in rehearsals for the part.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#61Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 8:43am

AnnieBlack said: "It would have been very classy for the tickets to go on sale at 11pm on June 12th- after the awards- a celebratory move, rather than overlapping the awards."

I agree that going on sale during the show is kind of obnoxious. Many people watch the Tony awards with friends or out at a party/event which means they don't have access to their computers. And even if people are at home and near their computer, it's obnoxious that they should have to take energy away from viewing the show - and the other many plays and musicals being recognized - to battle for a spot on Ticketmaster. 

Hamilton could achieve the same level of catching excitement by having the tickets go on sale at 10 am the next morning. They could even run an ad during the show!

I like a good rhyme more than a good time
Updated On: 6/6/16 at 08:43 AM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#62Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 8:54am

There could be a number of reasons for this decision. For example, they may be concerned about the impact that winning the Tony for Best Musical will have on scalpers getting more tickets or they may think that by setting it up at the time of the Tonys, less people will log in and there's less chances of the website crashing or everything selling out at once.

And I'm sorry but Margo319's comments about the OBC always being the best are ridiculous, baseless and completely misinformed.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

dramamama611
#63Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 9:03am

I think they KNOW, lots of people DO jump on line during the show to see about tickets of the shows they are seeing....and they wanted to try to have SOME available.  

"Oh I'm sure they already know. Which is another reason why it has to be Javier."

How is this another reason?  They've been holding auditions, privately as well as open calls for a decent amount of time.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#64Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 9:35am

AnnieBlack said: "It would have been very classy for the tickets to go on sale at 11pm on June 12th- after the awards- a celebratory move, rather than overlapping the awards.

"

So at 8pmPT, so west coasters should be the ones who have to buy tickets during their viewing?

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#65Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:12pm

Mediamaven2 said: "everythingtaboo said: " I'm sorry but I think it is just repugnantt the new block of tickets go on sale during the Tony awards. All it  does is prove that the show's producers think it is better than Broadway as a whole.

No it doesn't. It just means that they are milking the moment.  Perhaps the thinking is that many people will have heightened awareness of Hamilton  on Tony night for all the reasons they will...I mean, we don't think they need the publicity but I guess the producers believe there is never too much publicity! And how great for the show if it 'sells out' again very quickly. That's what they'd like.

THEN they will officially announce the cast changes..;o)  

"

They're milking  the moment away from all the other shows that night is what they're doing. Not only are they going to win mostly everything, now a bunch of people are going to be busy online hunting around for whatever scraps are left after the Amex presale, instead of paying attention to the actual show. It's greed, pure and simple, and without justification. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

dramamama611
#66Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:57pm

Oh, good lord.   ALL shows know buying habits - that people WILL go on line DURING the awards.   If they released them earlier, there would be none left DURING the broadcast.

This is nothing new.

And I'm pretty good at multitasking.  This hurts NO ONE.

aaaaaa15
#67Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:12pm

Buying tickets takes 5 minutes. It's not difficult to pay attention to the Tonys at the same time. I doubt any of the shows will be performing that soon anyway.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#68Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:22pm

If you think it will take 5 minutes, I am betting that you have never tried for Hamilton tickets on the first day! It is a crazy mad scene. Nothing will go as you plan. But I guess if everyone is thinking that it will be easy, that's better for me. 

aaaaaa15
#69Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:24pm

macnyc said: "If you think it will take 5 minutes, I am betting that you have never tried for Hamilton tickets on the first day! It is a crazy mad scene. Nothing will go as you plan. But I guess if everyone is thinking that it will be easy, that's better for me."

Incorrect, I have done so twice and succeeded within 5 minutes. It is the only way I have seen Hamilton. Haven't done resale, cancellation line, lottery or anything else.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#70Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:26pm

Well, you're way luckier than I am, apparently! I've had everything go wrong, including putting tickets into my cart and having them snatched away by someone else, having the site crash or be overloaded, having the map functionality taken away due to volume.

Updated On: 6/6/16 at 02:26 PM

Liza's Headband
#71Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:32pm

macnyc said: "Well, you're way luckier than I am, apparently! I've had everything go wrong, including putting tickets into my cart and having them snatched away by someone else, having the site crash or be overloaded, having the map functionality taken away due to volume.

"

With those many technical issues, it sounds like the problem may be on your end. Not theirs. I have no clue but I'm just saying... 

Margo319
#72Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:46pm

mailhandler777 said: "Margo319 said: "The original Broadway cast is always the best.  Out of all the people who auditioned in the world, those people were determined the best of the best.  I have no doubt Hamilton in Chicago will be great, but the best cast is always the Broadway one.  Touring casts never compare to the OBC either."

This is one of the dumbest things I ever heard/read. 

LOL.  It's my opinion, you have a different one.  And that's okay.  

Margo319
#73Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:52pm

"And I'm sorry but Margo319's comments about the OBC always being the best are ridiculous, baseless and completely misinformed."

Not at all, again, it's my opinion.  People use these boards to share their thoughts and opinions.  That's kind of the point.  :)

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#74Hamilton New Block of Tickets
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:58pm

I find it incredibly tasteless and disrespectful to release the new block of tickets at the EXACT time of the Tony Awards. If it were any other show then it'd be fine, but everyone knows that any little twitch from the Hamilton machine will move masses.

I don't know why more people aren't angry, don't know what went through the producers' heads.

Updated On: 6/6/16 at 02:58 PM