pixeltracker

Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES- Page 2

Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#25Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 6/8/16 at 2:10pm

If Linney can bring something of what she brought to her unforgettably stylish, venal, scheming two-faced Bertha Dorset to Regina, she might just surprise us.  These are two steely women.  Nixon I'm having trouble imagining in the role, but I'm willing to keep an open mind.

I do think both of them might succeed brilliantly with Regina's particular style and brand of motherhood, which is what's most needed to make the final curtain of Foxes so tragic and chilling.

Updated On: 6/8/16 at 02:10 PM

BobbyBubbi  Profile Photo
BobbyBubbi
#26Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 6/9/16 at 3:09am

QueenAlice said: "Laura Linney attempted Marquise de Merteuil in LES LIAISONS.... a few years ago - a role with the steely resolve of Regina- and most thought she was rather miscast in that production. Linney just doesn't project regal aristocracy (Regina you could say is Southern aristocracy).  Come to think of it - you know who would be a great Regina is Janet McTeer who is of course coming to Broadway as Marquise de Merteuil  next season...

"

That's putting it nicely. That production of LIAISONS was GOD AWFUL. I honestly felt rather embarrassed for Linney, who was completely miscast and out of her depth. 

I think Nixon can handle Regina, but I wouldn't pay to see Linney. I've never seen the appeal, as I've been thoroughly underwhelmed by everything I've seen her in (Liaisons, Crucible). 

Anyone see Stockard Channing do it at Lincoln Center? I've always been intrigued by that production. I'm sure she was fantastic. 

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#27Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 6/9/16 at 3:45am

Borstalboy said: "It would have been interesting if they had gone outside the box with casting for this one.  I think Donna Murphy or Kelli O'Hara could have really stretched themselves with these roles.

"
They should do a production of Blitzstein's wonderful musical/opera version, Regina.

I think I'd prefer seeing Linney and Nixon alternate roles in another Hallman play--The Children's Hour.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#28Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 6/9/16 at 7:07am

Wouldn't Laura and Cynthia be too old for Karen and Martha?

While I can understand that Linney may have been very wrong for Merteuil (I didn't see it), (and while, unlike BobbyBubbi, I love her work generally, and particularly in The Crucible), I would suggest that Merteuil and Regina, for all their villainy, are hardly the same character. 

More to the point, Regina is much more like the buttoned up, status-consciously conniving and nothing if not American Bertha Dorset in House of Mirth, a part that Linney aced in the great Terence Davies-Gillian Anderson film.

Harriet Craig Profile Photo
Harriet Craig
#29Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 7/23/16 at 6:24pm

Has anyone heard anything about whether there's a fixed schedule for which performances will have Nixon as Regina and Linney as Birdie, and which performances will have the reverse casting? I'm thinking of getting an MTC subscription for next season, but would very much prefer to see Nixon as Regina, and I want to make sure I pick the right day of the week. I looked at the MTC website and didn't find anything, just wondered whether anyone here had heard anything.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#30Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 7/24/16 at 9:49am

BobbyBubbi said: "(Regina you could say is Southern aristocracy).  "

Actually, that's wrong. Regina and her family are relatively "Nouveau riche" It's a point that is firmly made almost at the start of the play. In the scene with the family and Mr. Marshall, Ben tells him that their family was never part of the Southern aristocracy that Birdie's was. But their family adapted after the war and Birdie's family, along with most of the "aristocracy" could not and  eventually, their family gradually took everything they wanted from the aristocracy.

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#31Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 9/25/16 at 10:26am

Very intrigued by the double casting, both terrific stage actresses. Yes, I saw Stockard in that last revival, and her white trash performance was totally wrong. Best thing about that production was Brian Kerwin. I actually liked Elizabeth Taylor's movie star performance years ago, with the  great Maureen Stapleton as Birdie. And still fondly recall the great Mike Nichols production at Lincoln Center many years ago, with Anne Bancroft, Margaret Leighton and George C. Scott, amazing.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#32Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 9/25/16 at 2:36pm

Leaning towards seeing a performance of Linney as Regina and Nixon as Birdie.   One of my favorite plays and really looking forward to this. 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"
Updated On: 9/25/16 at 02:36 PM

sppunk
#33Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/14/17 at 11:04pm

Buuuump

Any rumors on when they'll announce when who plays who? Debating this vs Sunday in the Park fir our April trip up (seeing DEH and Dolly too) but need to see the role schedule, which hasn't apparently been announced yet.

nasty_khakis
#34Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/24/17 at 2:46pm

I really want to see both in each role, but don't want to just leave it to chance, even buying two days in a row assuming it would be something like Thursday Laura Friday Cynthia. I don't see them announcing a schedule since that could create a bad situation where more people flock to see one over the other. I may just have to buy one now and take stabs at rushing it and see if things become "usual" in scheduling. 

LarryD2
#35Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/24/17 at 2:51pm

A color-coded performance calendar is available on the show's website (linked below).

Blue performance: Linney as Regina, Nixon as Birdie

Green performance: Nixon as Regina, Linney as Birdie

http://littlefoxesbroadway.com/tickets/

nasty_khakis
#36Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/24/17 at 2:53pm

Thanks! I should have went to the site since telecharge said nothing.

LarryD2
#37Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/24/17 at 2:56pm

Looks like the opening night performance will be Linney/Regina, Nixon/Birdie. 

ArtMan
#38Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:30pm

Thanks Larry for the update.  I actually emailed MTC this morning asking them when they were going to name who goes with what color code.  I heard nothing from them.  It's funny that someone that is not  associated with the show (I assume) could give me the information I was looking for.

ArtMan
#39Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/24/17 at 5:30pm

double post

Updated On: 2/24/17 at 05:30 PM

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#40Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/26/17 at 5:34pm

It might be overkill but I kind of want to catch the show twice on a Sunday when they'll alternate from matinee to evening show. What's the typical runtime for this show?

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#41Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/26/17 at 5:39pm

The recent Arena Stage production was two and half hours which included two intermissions. Obviously if they do it with one intermission it will be shorter.

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#42Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/26/17 at 6:23pm

Is there a 30U30 code for this? Thank you!

LarryD2
#43Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 2/27/17 at 8:45am

South Fl Marc said: "The recent Arena Stage production was two and half hours which included two intermissions. Obviously if they do it with one intermission it will be shorter.

"

Those two intermissions were only ten minutes long, so together they equalled the length of about one normal intermissions. Unless this production features two 15-minute intermissions (which I find highly unlikely), I'd say it will be about 2:30 whether they use one intermission or two.

Personally I think two intermissions are ideal for this piece and cannot really imagine it breaking naturally with just one.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#44Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 3/6/17 at 1:09pm

cglaid said: "Is there a 30U30 code for this? Thank you!"

I emailed the MGMT and they said the 30 under 30 tickets would be released this week at some point. Hoping to get tickets for the first preview...really excited for this play. I've only seen the film, but lord is Regina a juicy part. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#45Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 3/16/17 at 7:53pm

Received my 30 Under 30 code for the production. Check your email if you've been waiting to purchase these like myself. Really excited for this production!

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#46Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 3/21/17 at 6:11pm

Here's a great interview of Linney and Nixon. I'm going to the first preview and couldn't be more excited!

http://www.americantheatre.org/2017/03/21/what-does-foxes-say-cynthia-nixon-and-laura-linney-find-out/

carnzee
#47Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 3/21/17 at 8:56pm

^^That is a fascinating interview. I loved seeing the pictures of them in each role. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#48Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 3/21/17 at 9:10pm

carnzee said: "^^That is a fascinating interview. I loved seeing the pictures of them in each role. "

AGREED! Check out this quick television spot if you want another glimpse. It must sound like I work for MTC or something, but I swear I don't. I'm just really excited about this production because I'm a huge fan of the leading ladies and the Bette Davis film. It's such a juicy play and I can't wait to see Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon tear into it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2jXBJGSgEM&list=PLVEQenvARs7HlDoh96jpHmPaY2MHU9Irj&index=2

Updated On: 3/21/17 at 09:10 PM

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#49Laura Linney and Cynthia Nixon alternating in LITTLE FOXES
Posted: 3/22/17 at 9:47am

That TV spot is gorgeous.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.