pixeltracker

Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?- Page 7

Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#150Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:35pm

Jordan Catalano said: "The tickets DID disappear for some reason, but if you changed how you viewed them (price, location etc) they would all pop back up. 

"

How weird cuz I was clicking on the price, location, value tabs and refreshing. I still only saw the 2 pick up listings. It's so strange how much different sites appear from person to person or on different devices. 

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#151Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:42pm

So how long before the press stops caring about Hamilton? 

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

Mediamaven2
#152Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:47pm

Hellob said: "Jordan Catalano said: "The tickets DID disappear for some reason, but if you changed how you viewed them (price, location etc) they would all pop back up. 

"

How weird cuz I was clicking on the price, location, value tabs and refreshing. I still only saw the 2 pick up listings. It's so strange how much different sites appear from person to person or on different devices. 

"I watch stubhub sometimes to see the prices and the drops but have never purchased off of it (yet). I do wonder what happens to the empty unsold seats . . . the ones left at showtime. The theater must watch this too, no? I can't imagine that a few minutes into the show they won't let people go to the very few empty seats and sell more SRO? No?

Or perhaps the ushers just let SRO people sit in the unsold seats ? I have been to the show several times, and I have never seen a seat remain empty after the first song or so when late seating occurs.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#153Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:50pm

Remember that in these cases, the empty seats aren't unsold. They're empty because they weren't re-sold. So the theater has made its money from them. 

aaaaaa15
#154Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 1:58pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "So how long before the press stops caring about Hamilton?"

Well there's the mixtape, documentary, Chicago opening, tour opening, London opening and most of the original cast are still there. So...a while.

After Eight
#155Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 2:02pm

"today I actually still feel like I'm walking on air!"

No doubt.

lilricki
#156Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 2:18pm

no just don't have the $20,000 right now.

question: where do these hamheads get the money to see this multiple times?

maybe we can start a 12 step program for these sorry addicted

aaaaaa15
#157Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 2:21pm

It's called planning ahead, buying face value and being patient. Seen it twice - first time $149 second time $179. Both excellent seats.

You seem more addicted to hating it judging by your posts so far than anyone here is to loving it.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#158Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 2:43pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "So how long before the press stops caring about Hamilton? "

As soon as people stop caring. Is it really that difficult to wrap your head around the monumental significance of this show (without regard to whether you personally like it or not)? For the first time in most of our adult lives a theatre piece is actually a major cultural phenomenon. It's a ray of hope in our poor step child of an art form. No reason for so many people to freak out. What's the pathology behind this? Low self esteem?

jdra
#159Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 3:43pm

"I have been to the show several times, and I have never seen a seat remain empty after the first song or so when late seating occurs."

I sat near a pair of empty seats that stayed that way both times I attended, in April and in May. Once in the front mezz and once Row H center orchestra.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#160Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 4:38pm

jdra said: "I have been to the show several times, and I have never seen a seat remain empty after the first song or so when late seating occurs.

I sat near a pair of empty seats that stayed that way both times I attended, in April and in May. Once in the front mezz and once Row H center orchestra."

These kinds of comments are so ridiculous. Of course there are someties empty seats, and one person's anecdote that they never saw any in their "several" times at the show is the height of meaningless. There are a lot of people going to see Hamilton. Some die on the way. Some go into labor. Some get too drunk at a bar beforehand and forget their plans. Some are in serious car accidents. Some may even be taken hostage by martians. And then there was the dude who met the girl of his dreams on the street and somehow seeing The Notorious REG  became less important. 

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#161Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 4:46pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "So how long before the press stops caring about Hamilton? 

When the next blockbuster is out.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#162Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 4:50pm

"When the next blockbuster is out."

Exactly and as great as it is I don't see it running forever like a "Phantom" or "Wicked".

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#163Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 4:58pm

it's much better than both of those shows so we can agree that quality and longevity aren't exclusive.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

indytallguy
#164Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 5:56pm

Skimbleshanks2 said: "So how long before the press stops caring about Hamilton? "

I'm going to go out on a huge limb here (snark) and say no future Hamilton cast members will have any post-run haircuts covered in USA Today.

rush_over_me
#165Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 6:13pm

lilricki said: "no just don't have the $20,000 right now.

question: where do these hamheads get the money to see this multiple times?

maybe we can start a 12 step program for these sorry addicted

"

Hopefully people that paid $1000+ for tickets make more than minimum wage

Can't imagine it's worth working 100+ hours for one Broadway show ticket...

After Eight
#166Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 7:38pm

"it's much better than both of those shows so we can agree that quality and longevity aren't exclusive."

We can't agree that it's much better than both of those shows, since in fact, it's much worse. It is true that quality and longetivity do not always go hand in hand, but what some may deem to be of quality may in reality be anything but.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#167Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/10/16 at 7:52pm

After Eight said: " what some may deem to be of quality may in reality be anything but."

In the abstract, that's true, but when tethered to YOUR troll-like posture of "reality," it suddenly becomes as false as singing an A flat when an F sharp is called for. 

jdra
#168Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 12:16am

Why is there so much snarky nastiness on all the Hamilton threads? If you don't like Hamilton or its fans, why participate in the threads?

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#169Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 12:36am

hork said: "Last night I saw a regional production of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, and for "Great Big Stuff" they changed the line "I can finally afford to see a Broadway show" to "I can finally afford to see Hamilton!", and Freddy did the Hamilton pose from the logo. I was the only one who laughed.

"

I saw the same show today. It was funny.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#170Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 12:39am

jdra said: "Why is there so much snarky nastiness on all the Hamilton threads? If you don't like Hamilton or its fans, why participate in the threads?"

Because some people want the theatre to be a little cult and freak out when it enters the broader cultural consciousness. Other people are just garden variety trolls. Neither of these groups are actually theatre-lovers; they are more interested in their own egos than the theatre. 

Updated On: 7/11/16 at 12:39 AM

BobChapski Profile Photo
BobChapski
#171Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 12:42am

jdra said: "Why all the mean jaded sarcasm?

"

You must be new to the board

jdra
#172Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 12:49am

BobChapski said: "jdra said: "Why all the mean jaded sarcasm?"

You must be new to the board
"

Yes! :)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#173Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 12:49am

HogansHero said: "jdra said: "Why is there so much snarky nastiness on all the Hamilton threads? If you don't like Hamilton or its fans, why participate in the threads?"

Because some people want the theatre to be a little cult and freak out when it enters the broader cultural consciousness. Other people are just garden variety trolls. Neither of these groups are actually theatre-lovers; they are more interested in their own egos than the theatre. 
"

Hey, people can love two things at once! They just might be more self-centered about the other!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#174Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
Posted: 7/11/16 at 2:37am

Bob Chapski your profile pic your cat?  Reminds me of my Jacks heart