Fun Home tour casting ?

toofunktastic2
#50Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/4/16 at 8:12pm

LizzieCurry said: "broadwayboy222 said: "Anyone been yet? "

It starts tonight, so no.

"

Previews started this weekend. I know of someone who went on the second.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#51Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/4/16 at 8:18pm

Well I'll be!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Chistery88
#52Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/5/16 at 2:34pm

anyone who has been in Ohio, does it say in the playbill which performances carly does.  or is it secret like usual?

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#53Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/6/16 at 2:10pm

https://youtu.be/CmsBW3tFdI4

A trailer. It's looks like it's in great shape, don't really like Alison's new costume. So weird not seeing it in the round.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#54Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/6/16 at 2:25pm

The proscenium staging is very reminiscent of the production at The Public. I'm not crazy about the new costume either -- the real Alison Bechdel commonly wears mens' shirts; why not put her in a button-down instead of the blouse. Kate Shindle is taller and, well, bustier than Beth Malone. I imagine those factors influenced the costuming.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#55Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/6/16 at 2:27pm

Maybe the original cast are burned into my brain but I wasn't impressed with any of those performances.  I think I'll skip the tour. It's playing in a gigantic space here in Seattle ( and I'm assuming most other markets).  I wish they would have opted for a regional theatre tour or just released the rights.  The intimacy is so important to the piece being wholly successful 

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#56Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/6/16 at 2:58pm

Also not super impressed with the footage so far. I saw it 3 times at The Circle in The Square so maybe I'm a little bit biased. I'm a subscriber to the touring productions here in Denver so I'll definitely be seeing it when it comes in January...I just hope I can enjoy it for the beautiful piece of art that it is and not compare it so much to the original cast/production!

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#57Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/6/16 at 3:03pm

While touring houses are certainly not ideal for maintaining intimacy, this production will at least have a far greater reach being presented as a part of Broadway subscription series. A lot of people who wouldn't normally seek this show out if it were being presented at a regional theatre near them are going to see this; surely, they won't all love it or recognize the importance of its storytelling, but it'll be worth it for the subset of individuals who do. 

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#58Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/6/16 at 7:12pm

Kate Shindle is a very different physical type from Beth Malone (and Alison Bechdel). A button up shirt would not be flattering on her.

toofunktastic2
#59Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/6/16 at 11:47pm

Chistery88 said: "anyone who has been in Ohio, does it say in the playbill which performances carly does.  or is it secret like usual?"

She was on tonight, though I don't know if there's a regular, announced schedule.

Chistery88
#60Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/7/16 at 5:26pm

toofunktastic2 said: "Chistery88 said: "anyone who has been in Ohio, does it say in the playbill which performances carly does.  or is it secret like usual?"

She was on tonight, though I don't know if there's a regular, announced schedule.

Hmm ya a thursday night would be a non traditional time...who knows :)  i guess ill have to give up on trying to see them both.  thanks for the message :)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#61Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 10/15/16 at 5:52pm

Does anybody know if they are offering rush tickets or are popping up on goldstar?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

hamiltonboys
#62Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 11/12/16 at 10:21pm

Anybody stage door the tour? 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#63Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 11/13/16 at 1:03am

toofunktastic2 said: "Chistery88 said: "anyone who has been in Ohio, does it say in the playbill which performances carly does.  or is it secret like usual?"

"

The playbill in Chicago didn't specify -- just says "at certain performances." I saw the show twice this past week there, and saw Alessandra both times. She's solid, as is the rest of the cast. But Abby Corrigan is the STANDOUT. I've now seen three medium Als and she's my favorite. Fantastic voice, amazing comedic timing, and such a perfect encapsulation of awkwardness without going overboard or having it look artificial.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Broadwaywest Profile Photo
Broadwaywest
#64Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 11/13/16 at 7:07pm

I saw it on Saturday in Chicago. Now, I did not see it on broadway, so I don't know how it played in a round. I found the touring production beautifully staged. I loved how it really played with the concept of memory, with everything being jumbled at the beginning and slowly being put in order, till the end when the house on Maple Ave is fully realized. Everyone was very good, but for me the hands down stand out was Susan Moniz as Helen. Her days and days brought tears to my eyes. I really appreciated and liked the show, more then I loved it. I wasn't a big fan of the score, with the exception of a few stand outs. I am also one of the few defenders of her very underrated score for Shrek. So I was surprised, I didn't enjoy the score as much. I'm really glad I saw the show though, and kind of look forward to see how other directors approach this memory musical in the future.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#65Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 12/28/16 at 3:30am

Any updated thoughts on the tour? Buying tickets soon and very interested to hear more opinions on casting and the show's overall shape.

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#66Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 12/28/16 at 7:32am

I saw it in St. Louis and was blown away. The staging, set and especially the lighting were beautiful. The cast was flawless from top to bottom. I can't single anyone out because they were all so good, but I agree with an earlier poster about middle Alison. Great actress with a spectacular voice. If you're thinking about going then absolutely buy a ticket.

canadian fan
#67Fun Home tour casting ?
Posted: 12/28/16 at 12:37pm

Glad to hear some good reviews. I didn't purchase a season ticket package here in Seattle as I wasn't a big fan of the productions this season. That being said I did go see Hedwig and was blown away, and the only other show I have tickets for is Fun Home when it hits Seattle next summer.