pixeltracker

Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!- Page 2

Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#25Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 10:51am

Wow. After having seen the completely uninspired staging of FROZEN at Disneyland a few weeks ago, I came out thinking this really needs an outside of the box creative thinker like Alex Timbers to make it work for the stage. Hopefully they get another brave creative thinker. The last Disney project that went through a slew of early directors was The Little Mermaid- and that ended up a disappointment.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#26Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 10:52am

Can we just clear the record once and for all? Headband, you don't actually read, do you? Where in my post did I say she was officially offered the role, ever? I literally said the opposite, that I hope she's eventually offered the role.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."
Updated On: 8/4/16 at 10:52 AM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#27Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 10:53am

Headband, I think you may have read Cinders' post too literally.

neonlightsxo
#28Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 10:58am

I think Cinders was serious, actually.

CindersGolightly
#29Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:00am

Serious about hoping the new director likes her enough to keep her involved and cast her on Broadway? Yes, that's....sorta why I said it. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:08am

I thought Cinders' post was incredibly clear and had zero ambiguity. Hoping someone continues with the development of a show toward its Broadway production s in no way the same as saying they're attached to the Broadway production.

The Headband just likes to take any opportunity available to assert his own knowledge, and that usually means cutting someone else down to do so.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 8/4/16 at 11:08 AM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#31Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:33am

Cinders, unfortunately part of being a member of BWW is coming to terms with the fact that many posters have NO reading skills. It's them, not you. Your post was crystal clear, and those of us who can read completely understood your enthusiasm and support of Betsy Morgan when you said it's "her role."

I still have a hard time seeing this show as anything but a bad Disney World attraction. I figured a good director could turn it into something else, but based on the success of *Aladdin*, I imagine Disney has no reason to mess with the formula.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#32Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:36am

Kad said: "The Headband just likes to take any opportunity available to assert his own knowledge, and that usually means cutting someone else down to do so."

He's such a bore, going in and out of threads demanding clarification/proof, telling people how and what to post, demanding people delete their accounts when he disagrees with them. 

He's overstayed his welcome. He's a big pain in the u know what. He comes off as crabby, miserable and more than slightly unhinged.

@ Cinders: Your post was very clear. Headband has a problem with reading comprehension.
I think it's time for the Headband to kindly step away from the keyboard. 

Updated On: 8/4/16 at 11:36 AM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#33Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:41am

#IStandWithCinders

CindersGolightly
#34Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:44am

Thanks, guys. It really means a lot to have so much support in this difficult time. Please, donate to my Kickstarter if you can, and be on the lookout for my memoir coming out this fall.

BroadwayBilly
#35Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:50am

Casey Nicholaw would seem a likely choice, no?

Updated On: 8/4/16 at 11:50 AM

broadwayguy91
#36Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 11:52am

CindersGolightly said: "Thanks, guys. It really means a lot to have so much support in this difficult time. Please, donate to my Kickstarter if you can, and be on the lookout for my memoir coming out this fall.

"

it's official. Ken Davenport has been masquerading as CindersGolightly all this while.

Whateverjsays
#37Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 12:02pm

I think we've all warmed up to the idea of Betsy playing Elsa. She's got a great personality for it, the acting and singing skills, I can't think of anyone else they'd offer it to. And especially if she's growing with the character through development it's perfect 

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#38Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 12:27pm

I doubt Disney would make the next director keep the casting choices of the director who just departed the project.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

trpguyy
#39Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 12:29pm

The director is just one person in a team of many who make casting decisions.

Sondheim_Disney1595
#40Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 12:50pm

I second Nicholaw but he might be tied up with The Prom

degrassifan
#41Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 12:58pm

How about Matthew Bourne? 

Dysquith13 Profile Photo
Dysquith13
#42Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 1:02pm

Maybe Mark Brokaw? He directed the 2013 R+H's Cinderella on Broadway and seems comfortable with big, spectacle shows.

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#43Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 1:29pm

There's another workshop at the end of October so I imagine we'll hear something soon or it'll get pushed.

I was excited to see his take on this.

10086sunset
#44Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 1:41pm

Was excited for Timbers...

At the end of the day, this show will likely be all about printing money...

Mr. Musical Profile Photo
Mr. Musical
#45Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 3:12pm

As great as Nicholaw and some of the other people mentioned are, and as much as I LOVE Timbers, can we get a woman to replace him? 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#46Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 3:36pm

Which woman would you like? When the project was originally announced, Diane Paulus was my first choice to direct. However, considering the responses both Finding Neverland and Waitress received, she so far hasn't proven to be as successful with new musicals as she has with revivals.

neonlightsxo
#47Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 3:40pm

I'd like Kathleen Marshall to do it. But they won't hire her.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#48Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 3:45pm

neonlightsxo said: "I'd like Kathleen Marshall to do it. But they won't hire her."

I'm all for hiring a woman, but I can't imagine what in Marshall's oeuvre would make her a plausible choice. 

neonlightsxo
#49Alex Timbers has Departed FROZEN!
Posted: 8/4/16 at 3:54pm

I didn't say there was anything. I just think she'd be good. Calm down, bro.