Your guilty pleasure lyrics

Emcee4ever
#1Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/4/16 at 4:56pm

Are there any lyrics in musicals that you know are kinda silly but like anyway?

I always get a chuckle out of a line in "Murder, Murder" from Jekyll & Hyde: "Read about the worst two murders--Much worse than the first two murders!" I think it's supposed to be funny in a satirical way but I haven't heard many people laughing at it XD;

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#2Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/4/16 at 5:21pm

DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES:

"Garlic, garlic

The secret to staying young

Garlic, garlic

That's why we're so well hung"

Alex Kulak
#3Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/4/16 at 6:45pm

Let's be honest, the entirety of Jekyll and Hyde is a guilty pleasure. Especially the David Hasslehoff taping.

Oh lord, he's so majestically awful.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#4Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/4/16 at 7:05pm

Guilty pleasure lyrics abound in "pop" music. My two favorites:

"Someone left the cake out in the rain. I don't think that I can take it, 'cause it took so long to bake it, and I'll never have that recipe again!" MacArthur Park -- Diana Ross (her rendition is the best)

"Don't you know my tears will burn the pillow? Set this place on fire 'cause I'm tired of your lies. You were the one who left me neglected (I'm so sorry!) Apology not accepted, add me to the broken hearts you've collected!" All Cried Out -- Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam

As for musicals: "There are bridges you cross you didn't know you crossed until you've crossed." Kristin's delivery of this line on the Wicked recording just makes it more fantastic because she seems so into it (and obviously sounds terrific).

also from Wicked: "Yes?" "Uh, Nessa, I've got something to confess, a..." from the dance scene
and also "frank analysis" rhyming with "personality dialysis"...and "pal, a sister"

basically...Wicked is a treasure trove of guilty pleasure lyrics (because I kind of love them but they're not good)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Sam2
#5Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/4/16 at 7:20pm

While I love Hamilton, the 'I think your pants look hot, Laurens I like you a lot' line makes me cringe every time I listen to My Shot.

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#6Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/5/16 at 8:23am

How about: Smoke on your pipe and put that in.

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

rangersrule132
#7Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/5/16 at 9:21am

Cats:

"So this is this, and that is that
And there's how you ad-dress a cat"

i just find it so funny and terrible and confusing at the same time. Even though I love the show this line makes me incredibly angry and happy.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#8Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/5/16 at 9:38am

I get a kick out of Mama Says from Footloose, but I'd never admit that out loud.

Mama says... Don't drink hot coffee while lying down in bed
Don't even give it a thought!
Mama says... Never eat anything that's bigger than your head
Is she a wiz or what?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#10Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/5/16 at 10:05am

Hi PT

I can't remember, was Rocky at the Winter Garden? Man! getting to see Andy Karl almost naked every night, Yikes! (that would have me very happy!) How is SOR going? Still packing them in?

Take care Your guilty pleasure lyrics   SC

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#12Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/5/16 at 10:22am

PT, 

You're making me smile about Mr. Karl !

I'm really glad for SOR, getting kids into the musical theater is half the battle; it's getting their parents and guardians to see how much the kids enjoy it too! (I'll PM next time to chat, don't want to ruffle any feathers)! xo SC

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Emmaloucbway
#13Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/5/16 at 11:09am

"A cat is not a dog." - CATS

jessepp Profile Photo
jessepp
#14Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/6/16 at 12:02pm

You are so gay.  You big parfait!  You flaming one man cabaret

...is a puzzlement.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#15Your guilty pleasure lyrics
Posted: 8/6/16 at 5:34pm

I like "personality dialysis," from Popular in spite of myself.

Videos