Finding neverland tour

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 9:48am

The tour is apparently going to Japan next summer. They talk about it at 1:27 in this video https://youtu.be/PsfYwaJmGzk

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

trpguyy
#26Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 10:06am

Yup, two weeks in Tokyo and one in Osaka. Its becoming quite the trend, thanks to Kyodo Tokyo. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#27Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 10:10am

DressedInYourPajamas said: "Saw first preview last night. While there were a few bumps that will no doubt be ironed out, I thought it was a lovely evening at the theatre. The first half hour or so has been totally re-tooled. Brand new opening number, and many revisions throughout. While not totally successful, its much improved on the way the show was structured on Broadway. Cast is fantastic. Especially Tom Hewitt.

There is a PAINFULLY AWKWARD reprise of Stronger after the curtain call though that has got to go.
"

Thank you for the report! Can you share what the new opening is like?

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

all_that_jazz Profile Photo
all_that_jazz
#28Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 2:40pm

This does not make me happy.  I loved how it was structured on bway.  Going to the opening tomorrow, still a little worried.  I'm not fond of changing that show. Bit we shall see.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#29Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 2:40pm

DressedInYourPajamas said: "Saw first preview last night. While there were a few bumps that will no doubt be ironed out, I thought it was a lovely evening at the theatre. The first half hour or so has been totally re-tooled. Brand new opening number, and many revisions throughout. While not totally successful, its much improved on the way the show was structured on Broadway. Cast is fantastic. Especially Tom Hewitt.

There is a PAINFULLY AWKWARD reprise of Stronger after the curtain call though that has got to go.

"

Are there any differences with the fans? I know some people said they wouldn't be able to have the fans in the deck since they don't have a trap room when touring. 

So are they using smaller fans or do they track in?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

trpguyy
#30Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 2:42pm

The fans are offstage with ducting in the deck.

DressedInYourPajamas
#31Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 5:22pm

The fans were in the deck so far as I could tell. That part looked identical to Broadway. The new opening is a song called "Welcome to London" which introduces us to all the characters in the show and is a quirky and fun little number. Then there's a new song after that in the theatre called "My Imagination" which I think was on the concept album?

ArtMan
#32Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 7:52pm

all_that_jazz said: "This does not make me happy.  I loved how it was structured on bway.  Going to the opening tomorrow, still a little worried.  I'm not fond of changing that show. Bit we shall see.

"

all_that_jazz, can you report on the differences between the tour and Broadway when you see it?   I did not see it on Broadway.  When I do see a tour production, I hope it is as close to the Broadway production as possible. (that's just me)  I also have to drive 2 hours each way to see it.  So want to know if it is worth it.  Thanks.

ArtMan
#33Finding neverland tour

double post

Updated On: 10/8/16 at 07:52 PM

SarahNYC2
#34Finding neverland tour

I am conflicted about whether to see this. A friend of mine who sees a lot of shows in NYC said she was just so so on the Broadway production. I currently live in the Orlando area and it's coming to the theater near us-I was planning on taking my daughter until my friend made the comment. Opinions. I've heard a few songs on Sirius and enjoyed them-I think it would be a show I would enjoy but again conflicted. Would love options.

ArtMan
#35Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 7:54pm

Sarah, if i see this it will be the tour stop in Orlando, driving from Jacksonville.

ArtMan
#36Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 7:54pm

double post

Updated On: 10/8/16 at 07:54 PM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#37Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 8:05pm

I hate when new songs get written and then never recorded. Hopefully this means we'll get a London cast album. Is that even still happening?

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#38Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 9:02pm

I was debating seeing this when it drops in Pittsburgh but with words of rewrites I think I'll definitely be going.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

KathyNYC2
#39Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/8/16 at 9:15pm

CATSNYrevival said: "I hate when new songs get written and then never recorded. Hopefully this means we'll get a London cast album. Is that even still happening?

"

Originally London was scheduled for January 2017 but that's not happening. I was just in London and speaking to someone who worked at the TKTS booth there... and he said he had no news about when it might open...certainly not anytime soon. I guess the Alfie thing didn't work out (it didn't work out for him here in NY either).

all_that_jazz
#40Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/9/16 at 5:26pm

I will give a full report but I just came out of the matinee I'm thinking of turning in my ticket for opening night....this is not the same show...I'll get my head wrapped around this and report coherently

all_that_jazz
#41Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/9/16 at 5:26pm

I will give a full report but I just came out of the matinee I'm thinking of turning in my ticket for opening night....this is not the same show...I'll get my head wrapped around this and report coherently

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#42Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/9/16 at 5:29pm

all_that_jazz said: "I will give a full report but I just came out of the matinee I'm thinking of turning in my ticket for opening night....this is not the same show...I'll get my head wrapped around this and report coherently"

For some people this may be an incentive to attend...

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

all_that_jazz
#43Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/9/16 at 5:52pm

No if you hated it before this will not help

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#44Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/9/16 at 5:54pm

<i>No if you hated it before this will not help</i>

What if you loved it in Boston and didn't see it in NY but thought it sounded terrible in NY?  (Not being obnoxious. Actually asking.)

KathyNYC2
#45Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/9/16 at 6:22pm

SarahNYC2 said: "I am conflicted about whether to see this. A friend of mine who sees a lot of shows in NYC said she was just so so on the Broadway production. I currently live in the Orlando area and it's coming to the theater near us-I was planning on taking my daughter until my friend made the comment. Opinions. I've heard a few songs on Sirius and enjoyed them-I think it would be a show I would enjoy but again conflicted. Would love options.

"

One friend didn't like it and you conflicted? I would say that in NY, you had many people who LOVED LOVED LOVED the show and people who HATED HATED HATED it. Many people liked the earlier production in MA while others preferred the NY version.

The bottom line is if you think you might like it and want to take a chance, by all means do so. If it has no interest for you, stay away. Not that anyone should rely on anyone's opinion on what to like or not like in theater in general, but for this one especially, you are going to have to make up your own mind. You are never going to find "the answer" for this one.

Sunny11
#46Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/9/16 at 6:38pm

KathyNYC2 said: "CATSNYrevival said: "I hate when new songs get written and then never recorded. Hopefully this means we'll get a London cast album. Is that even still happening?
"
Originally London was scheduled for January 2017 but that's not happening. I was just in London and speaking to someone who worked at the TKTS booth there... and he said he had no news about when it might open...certainly not anytime soon. I guess the Alfie thing didn't work out (it didn't work out for him here in NY either).

"

Daily Mail reported that they where supposedly eyeing the Piccadilly for next spring/summer  after jersey boys closes.

http://www.broadway.com/buzz/186173/finding-neverland-circles-jersey-boys-theater-in-the-west-end/

Updated On: 10/9/16 at 06:38 PM

DressedInYourPajamas
#47Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/10/16 at 5:11pm

Did you like the show in NY all that jazz? What didn't you love about the tour?

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#48Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/12/16 at 9:49am

This isn't the greatest piece of theatre, but it's far from the mess I was expecting considering it's NYC reception. They have re-tooled the first 20 or so minutes and it seems to be slightly for the better. There's a new opening number "Welcome to London" which does a good job pushing the need for Barrie to write...but the new solo for Barrie is absolutely awful. It’s called “My Imagination” and it includes what appears to be a Google Earth projection of the London rooftops. I actually laughed out loud at them.

Things get much better from there. Christine Dwyer, Kevin Kern, and Tom Hewitt are spectacular. They all improve on the bare bones book and are in excellent voice. The production is beautifully designed (other than the projections). The score is still uneven. You have excellent numbers like “All That Matters”, “When Your Feed Don’t Touch the Ground”, “Play”, and “Neverland”, but then you have clunkers like “Live By the Hook” and “Stronger”. The end of act one is completely absurd. Well staged, but absurd. Why does Hook basically sing “Find Your Grail” to Barrie? It becomes some ancient melodrama, ripped shirt and all.

I thought the real star of the show was Paulus’s staging. The moment when the boys fly for the first time was breathtaking. The final image of Sylvia left me shattered. I wanted more of these moments and less of the crappy projections. Overall the staging, in particular the second act, shines. The material is still dragging the production down.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

mailhandler777
#49Finding neverland tour
Posted: 10/12/16 at 11:36am

I was at the opening last night(which apparently was supposed to be Sunday). I loved it. I never saw it at A.R.T. or on Broadway so I have no clue what was changed or not. Both Christine and Kevin(both of whom I've seen in Wicked numerous times) blew me away. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Videos