pixeltracker

Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?- Page 2

Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#25Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 9/29/16 at 11:32pm

Call_me_jorge said: "What if Aaron and Jeremy are each doing 4 performances?"

They're not playing Tam.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#26Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 9/30/16 at 12:18am

I would say Tveit is a much bigger name than any of the leads in the LES MIZ revival.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Back Row
#27Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 9/30/16 at 12:36am

Jordan is in a unique situation in that he is in a show that could use all kinds of tricks that could allow him to disappear for the last few weeks of the season and then reappear next season. I doubt that would happen, but being in a comic book fantasy series does give him that option. And if the intent was to write him out of the series, either permanently or temporarily, they would be keeping that under wraps for as long as possible. I would consider both Tveit and Jordan to be unlikely options, but the nature of Jordan's show does leave open the possibility. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#28Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 9/30/16 at 10:01am

Tveit definitely doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility, since Cameron M gave him his big on-screen break in the LES MIS film. It would be more prestigious for him to return to Bway in a new musical (or *ghasp* a play) but if he's loyal to Mackintosh and the writers I could absolutely see this happening.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#29Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 9/30/16 at 10:20am

If we are making cam mac connections. I think Alison luff will be Ellen, because she was the last fantine in Les miz. But no joke she would be amazing. Or maybe Cassie levy perhaps.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#30Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 9/30/16 at 10:52pm

But Jordan did the Carnegie Hall concert with boubil and Schönberg and mackintosh themselves. It was the greatest "why God" I have ever seen. It was astonishing... So he has a legitimate connection as well... But Supergirl is paying the bills... And it would take so much work for the writers to rewrite the season's story arch just for him to do a Broadway show...

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#31Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 9/30/16 at 11:15pm

I mentioned this in the other thread about the screening, but a friend suggested Jay Armstrong Johnson would make a good Chris.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#32Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 12:34am

To think Tveit is a name out of the theater community is absurd. Same with Jordan. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#33Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 12:48am

Jeremy singing Why God Why https://youtu.be/ChYwx_3bQmw

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#34Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 7:49am

Jay Armstrong Johnson has physical similarities to Allistair Brammer who did the role in the West End, which may be why your friend suggested him. I like Allistair on the cinema screening thou he came across a little young for the second half of the story.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

The Other One
#35Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 8:10am

"BrainDead" will almost assuredly not get a second season.  It seemed to be conceived with only one season in mind.

I could not stand "Miss Saigon" and couldn't imagine Aaron wanting to do it, but I did think while watching "BrainDead" that he and Mary Elizabeth Winstead would be great together in a revival of "Barefoot In The Park."  Get two fun sixty-ish actors to play her mother (Tyne Daly?) and Victor Velasco (Clarence Williams III?) and the failed revival of ten years ago might be forgotten.

Updated On: 10/1/16 at 08:10 AM

pupscotch
#36Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 8:18am

I would say that because of Jordan's TV show, he is at least a name outside of the theater community. Can he sell the show? Probably not. But it's Miss Saigon. The show sells itself.

Back Row
#37Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 10:48am

MadonnaMusical said: "But Jordan did the Carnegie Hall concert with boubil and Schönberg and mackintosh themselves. It was the greatest "why God" I have ever seen. It was astonishing... So he has a legitimate connection as well... But Supergirl is paying the bills... And it would take so much work for the writers to rewrite the season's story arch just for him to do a Broadway show...

They did it before, when Laura Benanti left to do She Loves Me. Jordan's character is relatively minor. If they knew what the wanted to do some time ago, writing him out either temporarily or permanently would be no different than what normally happens in those types of shows. As I said, I don't think it will happen, but it could be done. 

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#38Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/1/16 at 7:16pm

How about Tveit and Jordan in City of Angels

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

dev101
#39Aaron Tveit to play Chris in Miss Saigon?
Posted: 10/2/16 at 8:58am

I would love to see Aaron back on Broadway!