pixeltracker

My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016- Page 2

My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#25My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 10/30/16 at 11:39am

I just bought my 2nd ticket of my trip.  I'm seeing the "Radio City Musical Hall Christmas Spectacular" for the 4 p.m. performance.  My flight is scheduled to arrive at LGA at 1:10 p.m.  So, if I take a taxi directly to the hotel, I should make it in plenty of time.  I really hate the long line outside to Radio City Musical Hall just to get in.  I'm waiting on other shows for now, as the current discounts only go up to Dec. 18th.  I need to check if there are any Monday matinees I can see.  I definitely need to make plans to meet up with some of youse.   

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Patti LuPone FANatic
#26My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 10/30/16 at 11:53am

http://www.playbill.com/article/broadways-new-years-week-2016-performance-schedule    For Monday, Dec. 26, I have the following to choose from:  Aladdin (1 pm., 7 pm), Cats (2 pm, 730pm), Kinky Boots (2 pm, 8pm), Paramour (3pm, 8 pm), Phantom (2 pm, 8 pm).  For Tuesday, Dec. 27th:  Chicago : ) 2:30 pm, 8 pm or The Illusionists: 11 a.m., 3 p.m., 8 p.m.  I may also consider Matilda (2 p.m., 8 p.m.) ONLY  because I wouldn't mind seeing  Queen Lesli (Margherita).  I am leaning towards: Cats, Paramour, The Illusionists and a second show of Chicago.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

scampsweep
#27My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 10/30/16 at 1:47pm

Patti LuPone FANatic. 

Will you be returning to New York to see War Paint or have you already seen it in Chicago? If so, what did you think? I'm planning to see it in April but don't know any of the music. 

I like Patti, but I think it likely that this may be her last big role on Broadway. What do you think? 

rangersrule132
#28My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 10/30/16 at 2:53pm

I would say go with CATS but it has a special place in my heart. The cast is exceptional and mamie is a cant miss as griz in my eyes.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#29My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 10/30/16 at 2:53pm

I may have to return in the summer to see both "War Paint" and "Dolly".  If I do, I'll try to remember and not go there during the Tonys weekend...where everything is crazazy.  I also thought of the perfect place to meet other BWW members.  Either on Sun. Dec. 25 or Mon. Dec. 26...it would be swell to meet up at Marie's Crisis.  Just a thought.

Updated On: 10/30/16 at 02:53 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic
#30My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 11/27/16 at 9:51pm

Hello all.  I've picked my next show for my upcoming trip.  So far:  Sun. Dec. 25th:  Rockettes @4:00 p.m. and Chicago@7:00 pm.  

Monday, Dec. 26th:  I definitely want to see CATS ( 2 p.m.or 7:30 p.m. show)  For a 2nd show, I'm thinking of one of the following:  Aladdin ( 1 p.m. / 7 p.m.), Holiday Inn ( 8 p.m.), Kinky Boots ( 2 p.m. / 8 p.m.) or Paramour ( 3 p.m. / 8 p.m.).

Tuesday, Dec. 27th:  I've booked a 2:30 p.m. show.  One wild guess? For the evening perf, I have to decide between:  Falsettos, Aladdin, Holiday Inn, Kinky Boots or Paramour.  

Curses that I have to get up really early the next morning, as I have a 6:20 a.m. return flight.  I think I'll take a taxi instead of Super Shuttle. 

I definitely want to meet with some of you.  I do want to go to Marie's Crisis on late Sunday and Monday evening.  Until then....Roman in Austin, Texas

Updated On: 11/27/16 at 09:51 PM

KathyNYC2
#31My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 11/27/16 at 10:03pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Hello all.  I've picked my next show for my upcoming trip.  So far:  Sun. Dec. 25th:  Rockettes @4:00 p.m. and Chicago@7:00 pm.  

Monday, Dec. 26th:  I definitely want to see CATS ( 2 p.m.or 7:30 p.m. show)  For a 2nd show, I'm thinking of one of the following:  Aladdin ( 1 p.m. / 7 p.m.), Holiday Inn ( 8 p.m.), Kinky Boots ( 2 p.m. / 8 p.m.) or Paramour ( 3 p.m. / 8 p.m.).

Tuesday, Dec. 27th:  I've booked a 2:30 p.m. show.  One wild guess? For the evening perf, I have to decide between:  Falsettos, Aladdin, Holiday Inn, Kinky Boots or Paramour.  

Curses that I have to get up really early the next morning, as I have a 6:20 a.m. return flight.  I think I'll take a taxi instead of Super Shuttle. 

I definitely want to meet with some of you.  I do want to go to Marie's Crisis on late Sunday and Monday evening.  Until then....Roman in Austin, Texas

"

Your options for Dec 27th are all very different so it's all a matter of preference and you are not going to get the same answer from peoplehere......but I would select Kinky Boots, especially with the new amazing Killian Donnelly as Charlie (Olivier award nominee for the same role). Fun last show for your week...

Broadwaybeauty2
#32My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 11/30/16 at 9:38am

Saw the show this year, it was better than ever, and was so pleasantly surprised.  One of my favorites all year.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#33My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 11/30/16 at 7:20pm

Has anyone seen "Holiday Inn?"  I'd like to consider one show that is an underdog at the moment.  Last Dec. 2015, I saw "Dames At  Sea" and "Allegiance, both shows that were struggling to find an audience.   

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#34My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 11/30/16 at 7:22pm

Universal consensus seems to be that Holiday Inn isn't worth shelling out money for. Snoozy.

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#35My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/1/16 at 12:19am

If you enjoy tap dancing, Holiday Inn is well worth seeing for the very creative choreography and great tap dancing alone.  The story itself is fine but quite dated.  But if you enjoy tap dancing, don't miss it.  

RUkiddingme
#36My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/1/16 at 12:25am

see The Band's Visit at The Atlantic.

Period.

@z5
#37My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/1/16 at 12:38am

Saw Holiday Inn back in September and was definitely not very thrilled with it, unfortunately, because I like Bryce Pinkham a lot. A downgrade from A Gentleman's Guide which was amazing.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#38My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/1/16 at 5:57am

Oh, I love tap dancing in musicals.  I've never had a chance to see 42nd Street.  So, there's a good chance I'll see "Holiday Inn."  Besides, I have a soft spot for the underdog.  Has anyone seen "Paramour"...another show I'm considering?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#39My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/1/16 at 8:07am

Paramour and Holiday Inn were both terrible IMO, I would see ANYTHING else besides those two. Just my two cents. I hope you have a great trip :) 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Patti LuPone FANatic
#41My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/4/16 at 4:09pm

I've bought tickets for:  "Cagney";  Monday, Dec. 26th @2:00 p.m.

and  "CATS" :  Monday, Dec. 26th @7:30 p.m.    I have one more show possibility for Tuesday, Dec. 27th (evening).   I'm looking forward to seeing Robert Creighton in his role as Cagney.  I've never had much interest for "CATS" .  But, after seeing Tyler Hanes' vlogs and Mamie Parris's rendition of "Memory" on YouTube, I'm very much looking forward to seeing those Jellical Cats.   I did remember to include one off Broadway show.  from Roman in Austin, Texas

Updated On: 12/4/16 at 04:09 PM

Leaf Coneybear Profile Photo
Leaf Coneybear
#42My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/4/16 at 5:08pm

I second Kinky Boots, such a fun show

Patti LuPone FANatic
#43My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/15/16 at 10:40pm

For my final show choice, I decided to get...."Kinky" for Tuesday, December 27th (7:00 p.m.).  I actually tried to get a "Holiday Inn" ticket, but the Broadway Box and Roundabout sites were working my last nerve.  I tried to select a ticket, but the ordering icon kept going and going and going.  Grrrr.  I even looked at Aladdin and Falsettos, but didn't find the right price.  So...my complete itinerary is:

Sun. Dec. 25th:  Radio City Music Hall Xmas Spectactular @ 4:00 p.m.

Sun. Dec. 25th:  Chicago @7:00 p.m.

Mon. Dec 26th:  Cagney @2:00 p.m.  

Mon. Dec. 26th:  Cats @7:30 p.m.

Tues. Dec. 27th:  Chicago @2:30 p.m.

Tues. Dec. 27th:  Kinky Boots @ 7:00 p.m.

As I mentioned before, I would very much like to make the acquaintance of some of you at Marie's Crisis...on Xmas Day and Monday, Dec. 26th.  I'm not sure about getting together on Tues. Dec. 27th, as I have an early flight the next morning (@ 6:20 a.m.).  YIKES,  The weather will be cold...though I would not mind seeing a few snow flakes.  "I want to wake up...in the city that doesn't sleep"....from Roman in Austin, Texas

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#44My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/15/16 at 10:46pm

Kinky sort of killed you only seeing shows that start with C, though?!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#45My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/15/16 at 10:57pm

Dang...I just noticed that.  Also, I'm looking forward to seeing my favorite show for a very special reason. I don't want to jinx it by saying more.  

Patti LuPone FANatic
#46My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/18/16 at 7:38am

Patti LuPone FANatic
#47My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/24/16 at 8:22am

smidge
#48My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/24/16 at 9:10am

Have a great time Ramon and a wonderful Holiday!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#49My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/24/16 at 10:13am

Thanks Smidge.  Maybe I'll see you at Marie's Crisis on Sunday or Monday.  I hope to see some of you there.   R o m a n

scampsweep
#50My Upcoming Trip To NYC: Dec. 25-28, 2016
Posted: 12/24/16 at 10:36am

That's a great list of shows to see - must have cost a fortune!

Kinky Boots is a good choice, I think. Saw it in London with Killian! It's a fun show.

Have a great time Roman. 

Videos