#100WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/14/16 at 11:48am

NVM, the War Paint site was corrected today

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#101WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/25/16 at 5:12pm

WAR PAINT on Broadway

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#102WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/25/16 at 5:13pm

WAR PAINT on Broadway

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#103WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/25/16 at 5:14pm

WAR PAINT on Broadway

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#104WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/26/16 at 5:12pm

Honestly it looks bland. It needs more razzle dazzle attention getting sparkle

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#105WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/26/16 at 5:16pm

Yup. Pretty boring. The show deserves a splashier ad campaign WAR PAINT on Broadway

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#106WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/26/16 at 6:42pm

Its elegant, but I'd love some sparkle. They should have gotten the companies who marketed for Arden and Rubinstein to find something as powerful and imaginative!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#107WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 1:14am

WAR PAINT on Broadway

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#108WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 1:16am

WAR PAINT on Broadway

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#109WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 1:24am

Yeah, it's rather "eh," but it is advertising to a much older audience. It's not going for the Instagram crowd. I don't think the people going to the show are going to care. You're going for the divas. I know I am.

Sondheim_Disney1595
#110WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 10:29am

Will this show sell? Other than the two leading ladies, what about this show will be a draw to audiences? 

Sondheim_Disney1595
#111WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 10:31am

And not to think to far ahead but how will this show fair after the ladies depart? They'll need some pretty big names to fill those shoes.

scampsweep
#112WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 12:08pm

I have tickets for this and, tbh, I'm really only seeing it for LuPone and Ebersole. I doubt this will be a long-runner and I doubt they would recast at the end of their contracts. I suspect this will, at best, just run to the end of LuPone and Ebersole's contract. Hope to be proven wrong though. 

BroadwayConcierge
#113WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 12:11pm

"Going for the divas" should be the show's tagline. That's why I'm going WAR PAINT on Broadway

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#114WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 12:11pm

If this does continue past their contracts I would want Patti to extend and Glenn close to replace Christine. 

That would be PURE GOLD.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#115WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 3:54pm

WAR PAINT on Broadway

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#116WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 3:57pm

The Broadway artwork looks like what I would've expected for the out-of-town tryout. It's flat, bland and ugly. The Chicago artwork was splashy, flashy and gorgeous! 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#117WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 4:02pm

WAR PAINT on Broadway

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#118WAR PAINT on Broadway

WAR PAINT on Broadway

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#119WAR PAINT on Broadway

WAR PAINT on Broadway

binau Profile Photo
binau
#120WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 4:27pm

Hopefully the show can run for a year, turn a small profit then close. But if we want to entertain replacements:

'Reopen' with Bernadette Peters/Donna Murphy (in the Lupone role) or replace Ebersole with Bernadette and Lupone stay on.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

BroadwayConcierge
#121WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 4:39pm

Agreed, Greased. The Chicago artwork was far more interesting and aesthetically pleasing than what's up at the Nederlander right now, regardless of the type of audience the show is aiming for. Between this and what's up at the Lunt-Fontanne for Charlie right now, I'm finding myself increasingly disappointed by the state of marketing and ad design on Broadway right now.

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#122WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 6:17pm

i think i would have preferred the Chicago font with the faces of the Broadway art. I might get creative on photoshop to satisfy my own curiosity....

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#123WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 6:24pm

This one is far more interesting and dynamic...someone posted it on FB.

Thoughts?WAR PAINT on Broadway

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#124WAR PAINT on Broadway
Posted: 11/27/16 at 6:52pm

ok i'm dumb...how to I attach a jpeg into a message here?