pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room- Page 5

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

jigblob Profile Photo
jigblob
#100Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/1/17 at 4:15pm

Has anyone been trying to do the cancellation tickets?  I have sort of an impromptu day in NYC next Saturday and am willing to pay full price for a ticket...wondering if it's worth going to the box office an hour before the show to see if I can snag a single ticket.  I got lucky doing this for Jersey Boys back in 2006 and I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull it off again...

Appreciate any help/tips!

3NU Profile Photo
3NU
#101Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/1/17 at 6:26pm

@jigblob It certainly doesn't hurt, unless it'll affect you trying to get tickets to another show.  I think I wrote a couple of weeks back that the person who got a SRO ticket next to me bought his ticket 5 minutes before showtime, due to a cancellation.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#102Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/1/17 at 10:32pm

jigblob said: "Has anyone been trying to do the cancellation tickets?  I have sort of an impromptu day in NYC next Saturday and am willing to pay full price for a ticket...wondering if it's worth going to the box office an hour before the show to see if I can snag a single ticket.  I got lucky doing this for Jersey Boys back in 2006 and I'm not sure if I'd be able to pull it off again...

Appreciate any help/tips!

"

I haven't done or seen the Dear Evan Hansen rush line at all but I think an hour before on a Saturday night will be much to late. Broadway is a lot more mainstream now than when Jersey Boys was the big hit.  Get there before opening if you can, or as early as you can before the show. An hour before is going to have you standing on an already long cancellation line with 0% of getting a ticket from the box office.  Also, keep checking on telecharge in the days leading up to the show.  They could release premium and house seats at regular price in the days prior. 

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#103Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/5/17 at 2:10am

We did cancellation yesterday morning (March 4th) in the 23?F weather. Arrived sometime around 4:50 AM and ended up being 7, 8, and 9th in line. I say "ended up" because there was some shuffling around of the beginning of the line over the course of our wait so it was  difficult to know until closer to the time what our position was. Not exactly sure when the first people arrived but it seemed to be in the 3 AM hour, and I overheard that the first person had hired a line sitter for the first couple of hours then switched places. The people in spots 5 & 6 arrived around 4 AM.

About an hour before the show, someone came out and announced that they would be giving out 11 SRO tickets for the matinee and 14 for the evening, so some people in line started doing counts. The first four people claimed 4 mat and 4 eve all together. The next two wanted 3 mat between them. My group of three would have preferred matinee, but that would have claimed 10 of 11 matinee tickets, and the guy behind us wanted two for himself and his fiancee because they had tickets to another show in the evening. He had previously waited for tickets a couple of days ago and been unsuccessful, so in the interest of not screwing him over, we took 3 evening tickets instead.

I cannot emphasize enough how cold it was. We only survived by having brought blankets and actual bedding, including a down comforter, and making an impromptu fort to huddle under. It was toasty enough inside that we felt comfortable taking off our gloves, so I'm gonna do a 10 out of 10 recommendation for down comforters. All this to say, if you're trying to get tickets in the near future, don't assume people won't be out even when the weather isn't great. This is a spring break week for many colleges, and the next couple of weeks are also spring breaks in a lot of areas. (https://www.studentcity.com/when-is-my-spring-break Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room If there hadn't been both a matinee and an evening show today, we could easily have been out of luck if they only offered ~7 as they have done in the past, and we arrived before 5 AM.

Side note: Come From Away (across the street) ended up having a pretty sizable line by the time they let people in at 10 AM, but the first person there definitely wasn't there when we arrived and it was very short around 8 AM.

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

jigblob Profile Photo
jigblob
#104Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/9/17 at 11:00am

Just wanted to give an update for anyone who has been trying to get (last minute) tickets, but I took the advice of whoever mentioned checking Telecharge as some tickets may become available in the days leading up to the performance.  I was able to snag a non-premium, regularly priced orchestra ticket (Thursday) for this Sunday's show on the Telecharge website, so I would definitely recommend looking into this.  Thanks again for the advice!

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#105Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/9/17 at 11:05am

That's so nuts.... I went in JANUARY, showed up at 9:30 and got two SRO tickets... my how a couple months can change things.

What specifically changed between then and now, I wonder??? the weather?? Better buzz??

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#106Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/9/17 at 11:09am

The cast recording, most likely, and the fact it almost fully sold out until July. 

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#107Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/9/17 at 3:28pm

My wife bought me the cast recording.  I didn't realize there were so few songs.  There are some memorable songs on the soundtrack.  I think the strength of this show comes from the story.  It has to do with modern issues.

Cynthia Erivo's you tube performance is incredible.  That song is great no matter how it's sung.  

Stephanatic

madela2
#108Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/9/17 at 7:27pm

We fully intended to do SRO last weekend for Sat 3/4. We brought tons of layers and entertainment for 6-7 hours in the line. However, when we got to town on Friday we went straight to the box office from LGA on the way to our hotel. We asked if there was any possibility they had two seats for Saturday evening and the first person thought not but then the guy in the back was like hang on a second I might have something. And then he did! So we got 2 orchestra seats for the next day. I don't know if those seats were visible that day on telecharge or not, though.

So, I also would definitely encourage people to keep looking or checking the BO, if you don't mind full price.

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#109Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/9/17 at 8:36pm

I decided to wait it out last night with Stubhub. Prices started dropping around 6:45 for an 8:00 show. I finally purchased a single ticket around 7:40. It was originally marked at $250 on Stubhub and I paid $125 with fees. It was second row orchestra and the face value was $189. Stubhub is a decent option if you can be in midtown about an hour before curtain. 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#110Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/9/17 at 10:24pm

madela2 said: "We fully intended to do SRO last weekend for Sat 3/4. We brought tons of layers and entertainment for 6-7 hours in the line. However, when we got to town on Friday we went straight to the box office from LGA on the way to our hotel. We asked if there was any possibility they had two seats for Saturday evening and the first person thought not but then the guy in the back was like hang on a second I might have something. And then he did! So we got 2 orchestra seats for the next day. I don't know if those seats were visible that day on telecharge or not, though.

So, I also would definitely encourage people to keep looking or checking the BO, if you don't mind full price.
"

When friends were visiting a few weeks ago, they experienced the same thing! Earlier in the morning they asked at the box office and show was sold out the next day. Later in the afternoon, they came back and voila! There were 2 non-premium tix available. I never know how it works but my friends weren't complaining!

madela2
#111Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/10/17 at 7:54am

Wick3 said: "madela2 said: "When friends were visiting a few weeks ago, they experienced the same thing! Earlier in the morning they asked at the box office and show was sold out the next day. Later in the afternoon, they came back and voila! There were 2 non-premium tix available. I never know how it works but my friends weren't complaining!"

That's awesome! We were very glad to not wait outside because the wind was so cold last weekend.

Keep checking for tickets people! :)

phillycheesey
#112Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/18/17 at 9:25am

I plan on going early to wait for a standing room ticket on Wednesday 3/22  for matinee. If anyone interested in being my plus 1 in exchange for paying for my ticket please let me know.

Updated On: 3/18/17 at 09:25 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#113Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/18/17 at 11:24pm

Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

tsondie21 Profile Photo
tsondie21
#114Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/19/17 at 11:16pm

Just an update because there hasn't been one in a while. I stood this morning(Sunday), didn't end up getting tickets but I've got some info!

First people showed up at 4:30. By the time I got there at 7:40 there were about 8 people ahead of me but enough were getting two that my spot represented that 15th and 16th possible SRO tickets. They ended up giving out 13 tickets. I actually (kinda) won The Price lottery so it was still a great show day. I'll be back Tuesday I think!

jonah3500
#115Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/20/17 at 7:14pm

Hi,

I got to the line on a Sunday and was 7 and 8 in line, there were eight tickets being bought ahead of us. The other people in line were really nice and let us go to the bathroom and go to Starbucks to warm up. They sold 16 (all of the SRO tickets) for $42 each. They did not have an evening show, like some uninformed people thought. Remember to check what time the show is, and how long you will be in Times Square after you get tickets.

If you are worried that you won't get tickets, get there at 5:30-6:00 and you will be fine.

herewegoabc
#116Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/22/17 at 1:31am

I plan on doing the standing room line on Saturday April 1st with two of my friends. If anyone is interested in being plus one (or two or three), let me know. We'll wait for the price of the tickets. Thanks!

DebraR
#117Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/22/17 at 1:44am

If anyone is planning to wait for standing room tickets on Tuesday, April 4th please let me know.  My daughter will be visiting NYC and plans to sit for her and her friend so they can see the show that night.  I am really uncomfortable with her sitting on her own that early in the morning and id love if she could either find a line buddy  or if she and her friend could be the guests of someone waiting in exchange for the costs of the tickets.

PM me if interested.

Nicholas Secor Profile Photo
Nicholas Secor
#118Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/22/17 at 3:32am

If your still going today see you in line! I'm trying for the 8pm tho. I'm working during the matinee today! :/ I'll also update once I'm in line and if I'm successful or not!

Nicholas Secor Profile Photo
Nicholas Secor
#119Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/22/17 at 6:58am

Update: Here at 6am. There's 11 or 12 in front of me I'm pretty sure the people in the front are either scalpers or line holders for people who have yet to show up here's hoping I'm wrong about that! 

DanRibeiro
#120Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 3/23/17 at 6:23pm

Anyone knows what time we need to be at the line to get standing room tickets? The line still starting at 3am? The view is good even needing to be standing for almost 3 hours? I'll try to get ticket next week so I'm excited about it. ??

#121Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 4/3/17 at 12:34pm

I am planning to try for standing room on a Thursday morning. Does anyone know approximately when people start lining up on week days? I could imagine its later than weekends but I just want to be sure!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#122Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 4/3/17 at 12:41pm

Given it is spring break for various high schools and colleges the next few weeks, I'd imagine people will get there early. Good luck!

DebraR
#123Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 4/3/17 at 3:04pm

Did anyone try in the last 4-5 days?  Would love to know what time the first person got there, I thought spring break was over, didn't think it was as crazy early this week.

Thanks!

Megsamegatron Profile Photo
Megsamegatron
#124Dear Evan Hansen Standing Room
Posted: 4/3/17 at 8:34pm

DebraR said: "Did anyone try in the last 4-5 days?  Would love to know what time the first person got there, I thought spring break was over, didn't think it was as crazy early this week.

Thanks!

"

On Saturday, on my way to another rush I saw 3 people in line for Dear Evan Hansen at 4am. Hope that helps!