pixeltracker

The HAMILTON Tour Thread- Page 4

The HAMILTON Tour Thread

Jakeevan942
#75The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/8/17 at 10:24pm

I can't confirm anything about Tour 2, but your routing for tour 1 is exactly right-it is online right now if you know where to find it, and your listing matches the official route-St. Louis fits in the gap in the spring, and DC June-Sep.

BroadwayMomma
#76The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/8/17 at 10:27pm

They have released more tickets for SF.  There are partial view orchestra tickets at about $200 for numerous performances in April, and there are some premium orchestra tickets available too.  I noticed that once the really pricey premium tickets sell ($868/$76The HAMILTON Tour Thread then they release tickets a bit further back in the orchestra for $523.  They also seem to be rolling out the partial view seats -- right now April is available.    

Harmonium
#77The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/8/17 at 10:43pm

Updated On: 6/17/17 at 10:43 PM

trpguyy
#78The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/8/17 at 11:21pm

^ but it's not supposed to be publicly available. The more those links are shared, the more likely it is that itineraries will be hidden behind a password protected portal. No need to ruin a good thing. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
BroadwayConcierge
#80The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/10/17 at 11:35am

Can't believe the tour begins performances TONIGHT! Will anybody on here be there this evening?

Edit: LizzieCurry posted these photos from last night's dress rehearsal in the SF thread but I had to repost here!:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRcx7AcFKCW/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRcnU2kF9He/?taken-at=8648364

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRcRLpCAIbD/

Updated On: 3/10/17 at 11:35 AM

broadwaysfguy
#81The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/10/17 at 3:50pm

hi boardway concierge

im  going tonight and am very excited...i missed seeing this last show at the public last time i was in nyc due to someone being a no show with my scalped ticket and have been waiting for Hamilton ever since...

will report in to the SF thread and dup on this thread after the show....

According to instagrams by Rory and other folks who saw the rehearsal thursday, they tore it up last night!!!

Hamilfan2
#82The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/10/17 at 4:28pm

Is anyone going to the show tomorrow or anytime during the SF run able to grab me an extra Playbill?!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#83The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/10/17 at 4:31pm

Don't forget a Ham SF thread exists:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1099633&dt=26

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

BroadwayConcierge
#84The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/10/17 at 11:30pm

Surreal to see the Orpheum Instagram location page!

https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/545641145620696/shn-orpheum-theatre/

broadwaysfguy
#85The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/12/17 at 5:38pm

Hi everyone! (duplicated from the Hamilton SF thread)

Wow its been a fun 48 hours!  

Saw Hamilton SF for the first time ever live by seeing the first two preview performances back to back on friday and saturday night, and this production is spectacular.

Overall impressions-this cast is already performing at a very high level, so dont be worried about seeing a preview vs waiting a few weeks.

Joshua Henry walks out at the opening curtain and looks and acts as if he was born to play Aaron Burr..the Chicago folks already know what I mean!  I loved him already from seeing him in Violet, and his take on the role is to be charming calculating and waiting, until he devolves into a man determined to murder his lifelong adversary.  His performances of Wait for it and Room Where it happens were mezmerizing, and his voice is just beautiful. His presence on stage is so large that you want to follow him whether he's talking or not. Easy bet he will be playing this role on broadway or London soon, its probably his choice.

Michael Luwoye as Hamilton-whoever foudn this guy deserves another Tony!!! He is a little shorter than Henry, with a full beard. His take on Hamilton is gritty, down and dirty and angry-i really thought he was going to punch Washington at one point. He sounds a LOT like Lin when he is word rapping, and his singing is incredible( he was standby for Burr/HAmilton) on broadway and once played both rolls in a day. His acting can also be very tender and emotional, and he was crying visbly during a few of the appropriate sad scenes. He will also be getting the lead on broadway inthe near future.  A huge talent and amazing gift for those of us outside of new york city. Its also very interesting to have both hamilton and burr be african american, for some reason ive yet to put words on....

I spoke with Michael friday night, he said they will likely have him sit out one night per week, but have not determined the night yet.  I hope its not tuesday, because I have tues tix coming up....

Solea Pfeiffer is a sweet, breathtakingly beautiful and wonderful singing Eliza, and has fantastic chemistry with Michael and wonderful harmonies with her sisters. Her singing on Burn made me absolutely fall in love with that song.

Emmy Raver Lampman- was a strong and powerful Angelica, with plenty of attitude and great chops-her highlight for me was of course the beautiful and sad "satisfied"  I have to admit her very modern hairstyle, a modified mohawk was a bit distracting and felt out of synch for the first few tunes, but i enjoyed her performance so much that went away

Rory OMalley is such a hilarious King George and everyone knows, and he squeezes every drop out of the role-the fans loved loved loved him!!!

Jordan Donica as lafayette/Jefferson- I was a little nervous about this role, becuase Daveed played it sooo big. He did a very good job friday night, and went much bigger saturday night and saturday was a very satisfying performance

Isaiah Johnson as George Washington-historically, we all know washington was very tall for his time 6 foot 2, so having a smaller actor play the father of our nation was also a tad out of place. Isaiah again made that go away very quickly, as a very strong actor and singer. While he was very good friday, he let loose on one last time with an unbeleivably soulful interpretation that got HUGE audience recognition

Amber inman as Peggy-she sings in a deep low voice during her seduction song in act two, which seemed off relative to the recording, and I didnt really buy the seduction scene somehow. She sounded great as one of the three sisters. She was probably the least standout for me of the featured performers, but shes new to the role so im looking forward to see her grow in it.

I found the rest of the cast to be very very good in their roles 

The dancing and choreography was incredible, and the costumes rocked, especially jeffersons and king georges. 

As someone who had only seen video before, seeing the entire stage and how its utilized on both levels for both the dance and non dance numbers so and the brilliant use of the revolving stage was absolutely mesmerizing and one of the reasons to get a center orch seat if you can so you can fully experience it.

I watched the room where it happens from the very back orch on saturday and felt it translated very well at back orchestra

The sound was great (orpheum has a rep for crappy sound) I spoke on friday with Alex Lacamoire who does the orchestrations for hamilton, and he said they had been working very hard to balance the sound around the cavernous orpheum, which seats nearly 2300 vs 1300 at the rodgers.  

One extra treat saturday was sitting next to and visiting with producer and Public theatre artistic director Oskar Eustis. He tooks some notes throughout the show, and said he was incredibly enthusiastic about this cast, which was great praise coming from a guy whos probably seen hamilton 100 times....

So there you have it, folks....Im going back as often as I can to see this while its in SF, and hope you all get to see and enjoy it as well.

PS friday vs saturday-  Friday was absolutely fantastic, I was in j110 center orch right and i was blown away, partially just by the newness and by how much is going on at every moment of the show. Saturday, from L101 on the aisle dead center, several actors turned in much bigger performances, and it was definitely an even better show.  I cant wait to see it a month from now, and am confident this cast will satisfy most of those who saw the OBC live. 

PPS on seating and views

For those with side orch seats-i had friends sit in limited view seats in row F (11-13) and they said they were able to follow everything very well, and only missed seeing dancers on the second level on the left side. I sat in a few seats that are marked obstructed, and in those you do lose a bit of the deep back stage as well as the wall on the side you are on

Upfront-the stage is HIGH, as they put the rotating stage on top of the other stage, if you are in the first three rows, you cuf off feet for the front of stage actors.  I love being close and my season tix are row c, so im fine with it.  It takes about row j in the center to have line of sight with the stage floor.

I didnt watch any of the show upstairs, will do that next time i see the show march 29th

BroadwayConcierge
Phantom4ever
#87The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 2:00pm

I guess it's official that the Chicago production is ending in January 2018 then. 

BroadwayConcierge
#88The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 2:07pm

Phantom4ever said: "I guess it's official that the Chicago production is ending in January 2018 then."

How is this official?

Phantom4ever
#89The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 2:08pm

I apologize.  I meant unofficial.  

MyLife
#90The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 2:10pm

The article says that Seller stated over 8,000 people will see the show nightly in North America when the second tour opens. Would that mean that Chicago plans on extending? 8,000 seems like the right estimate for four productions (Broadway, Chicago, 2 tours).

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#91The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 2:11pm

Phantom4ever said: "I apologize.  I meant unofficial.  "

It's no unofficial either. It's a different production. The show is selling really well in Chicago. No reason for them to move quite yet. 

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#92The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 2:11pm

Phantom4ever said: "I guess it's official that the Chicago production is ending in January 2018 then."

Not necessarily.
A friend talked to an usher who is knowledgeable.... There's talk that the Golden Gate Theatre will be remodeled after this season and will then host a sit-down. Which could be the Chicago company at a later date. Of course this is all inference and innuendo (It would truly be a well-connected usher to know the details of the long term plans of the producers.) 

Certainly demand is strong enough to support two North American tours, a sit-down, Broadway and London for the next 2-3 years. 

Updated On: 3/13/17 at 02:11 PM

Phantom4ever
#93The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 2:14pm

I didn't think there was enough demand in Chicago. And perhaps it's more than a coincidence that the tour just happens to start a month after Chicago's recent extension. 

broadwaysfguy
#94The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/13/17 at 3:15pm

exciting news about the second tour

I think the chicago sitdown will go for several years or longer, just like the wicked chicago production(june 2005-jan 2009)

The likelyhood of another sitdown starting in LA or san francisco is also very high, given how strong ticket sales have been in SF(five months sell out in a day, basically after member presales)

I can confirm from another senior SHN employee i spoke with over the weekend that Hamilton "will be back" in SF soon and suggested they will host a "sit-down" of Hamilton for an extended period in the future.  So now its a matter of is SF first or LA to get the sit, and given SF SHN paid up big to get the tour first, they may have inside track on the first sit down.

The LA wicked sit down started in feb 2007, about three and half years after the OBC opened, so on a similar timing would place a sf/la sitdown in early 2019....

interesting on the wicked parallel, wicked opened london sept 2005 23 months after opening on bway, hamilton london opens nov 2017 which is 18 mos after bway open.

ItsMeRaul Profile Photo
ItsMeRaul
#95The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/14/17 at 1:51pm

broadwaysfguy said: "Hi everyone! (duplicated from the Hamilton SF thread)

Wow its been a fun 48 hours!  

Saw Hamilton SF for the first time ever live by seeing the first two preview performances back to back on friday and saturday night, and this production is spectacular.

Overall impressions-this cast is already performing at a very high level, so dont be worried about seeing a preview vs waiting a few weeks.

Joshua Henry walks out at the opening curtain and looks and acts as if he was born to play Aaron Burr..the Chicago folks already know what I mean!  I loved him already from seeing him in Violet, and his take on the role is to be charming calculating and waiting, until he devolves into a man determined to murder his lifelong adversary.  His performances of Wait for it and Room Where it happens were mezmerizing, and his voice is just beautiful. His presence on stage is so large that you want to follow him whether he's talking or not. Easy bet he will be playing this role on broadway or London soon, its probably his choice.

Michael Luwoye as Hamilton-whoever foudn this guy deserves another Tony!!! He is a little shorter than Henry, with a full beard. His take on Hamilton is gritty, down and dirty and angry-i really thought he was going to punch Washington at one point. He sounds a LOT like Lin when he is word rapping, and his singing is incredible( he was standby for Burr/HAmilton) on broadway and once played both rolls in a day. His acting can also be very tender and emotional, and he was crying visbly during a few of the appropriate sad scenes. He will also be getting the lead on broadway inthe near future.  A huge talent and amazing gift for those of us outside of new york city. Its also very interesting to have both hamilton and burr be african american, for some reason ive yet to put words on....

I spoke with Michael friday night, he said they will likely have him sit out one night per week, but have not determined the night yet.  I hope its not tuesday, because I have tues tix coming up....

Solea Pfeiffer is a sweet, breathtakingly beautiful and wonderful singing Eliza, and has fantastic chemistry with Michael and wonderful harmonies with her sisters. Her singing on Burn made me absolutely fall in love with that song.

Emmy Raver Lampman- was a strong and powerful Angelica, with plenty of attitude and great chops-her highlight for me was of course the beautiful and sad "satisfied"  I have to admit her very modern hairstyle, a modified mohawk was a bit distracting and felt out of synch for the first few tunes, but i enjoyed her performance so much that went away

Rory OMalley is such a hilarious King George and everyone knows, and he squeezes every drop out of the role-the fans loved loved loved him!!!

Jordan Donica as lafayette/Jefferson- I was a little nervous about this role, becuase Daveed played it sooo big. He did a very good job friday night, and went much bigger saturday night and saturday was a very satisfying performance

Isaiah Johnson as George Washington-historically, we all know washington was very tall for his time 6 foot 2, so having a smaller actor play the father of our nation was also a tad out of place. Isaiah again made that go away very quickly, as a very strong actor and singer. While he was very good friday, he let loose on one last time with an unbeleivably soulful interpretation that got HUGE audience recognition

Amber inman as Peggy-she sings in a deep low voice during her seduction song in act two, which seemed off relative to the recording, and I didnt really buy the seduction scene somehow. She sounded great as one of the three sisters. She was probably the least standout for me of the featured performers, but shes new to the role so im looking forward to see her grow in it.

I found the rest of the cast to be very very good in their roles 

The dancing and choreography was incredible, and the costumes rocked, especially jeffersons and king georges. 

As someone who had only seen video before, seeing the entire stage and how its utilized on both levels for both the dance and non dance numbers so and the brilliant use of the revolving stage was absolutely mesmerizing and one of the reasons to get a center orch seat if you can so you can fully experience it.

I watched the room where it happens from the very back orch on saturday and felt it translated very well at back orchestra

The sound was great (orpheum has a rep for crappy sound) I spoke on friday with Alex Lacamoire who does the orchestrations for hamilton, and he said they had been working very hard to balance the sound around the cavernous orpheum, which seats nearly 2300 vs 1300 at the rodgers.  

One extra treat saturday was sitting next to and visiting with producer and Public theatre artistic director Oskar Eustis. He tooks some notes throughout the show, and said he was incredibly enthusiastic about this cast, which was great praise coming from a guy whos probably seen hamilton 100 times....

So there you have it, folks....Im going back as often as I can to see this while its in SF, and hope you all get to see and enjoy it as well.

PS friday vs saturday-  Friday was absolutely fantastic, I was in j110 center orch right and i was blown away, partially just by the newness and by how much is going on at every moment of the show. Saturday, from L101 on the aisle dead center, several actors turned in much bigger performances, and it was definitely an even better show.  I cant wait to see it a month from now, and am confident this cast will satisfy most of those who saw the OBC live. 

PPS on seating and views

For those with side orch seats-i had friends sit in limited view seats in row F (11-13) and they said they were able to follow everything very well, and only missed seeing dancers on the second level on the left side. I sat in a few seats that are marked obstructed, and in those you do lose a bit of the deep back stage as well as the wall on the side you are on

Upfront-the stage is HIGH, as they put the rotating stage on top of the other stage, if you are in the first three rows, you cuf off feet for the front of stage actors.  I love being close and my season tix are row c, so im fine with it.  It takes about row j in the center to have line of sight with the stage floor.

I didnt watch any of the show upstairs, will do that next time i see the show march 29th

"

I'm curious what your Playbill says. Washington is played by Dan Belnavis, yet all the press I've seen thus far still shows Isaiah as Washington.

Updated On: 3/14/17 at 01:51 PM

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#96The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/14/17 at 2:07pm

Based on some of the Instagram posts I'm seeing, the far left and right seats have significantly obstructed views

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#97The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/14/17 at 2:07pm

Based on some of the Instagram posts I'm seeing, the far left and right seats have significantly obstructed views

BroadwayConcierge
#98The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/14/17 at 2:57pm

Single tickets for Hamilton's run at the Pantages in L.A. go on sale on Sunday, April 30 at 10am.

broadwaysfguy
#99The HAMILTON Tour Thread
Posted: 3/15/17 at 9:43pm

isaiah is definitely the one playing washington in SF if the photo of him on the hamilton website is correct. 

He is also listed as washington on the playbill as well as the hamilton cast tour website

he was really great, especially saturday where he belted the heck out of one last time....dang it was good....