Roles for Betsy Wolfe

catmandoo
#50Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/9/18 at 10:46pm

I was there tonight and she. freaking. killed. it.

I've had the privilege of seeing every full-time Jenna (Plus Desi on the tour and Stephanie Torns)... and now Betsy, and I have to say she's at the top of my list.

Then Sara coming out at the end was just the cherry on top.

It was a fantastic night.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#51Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/9/18 at 11:24pm

catmandoo said: "I was there tonight and she. freaking. killed. it.

I've had the privilege of seeing every full-time Jenna (Plus Desi on the tour and Stephanie Torns)... and now Betsy, and I have to say she's at the top of my list.

Then Sara coming out at the end was just the cherry on top.

It was a fantastic night.
"

Any special applauses or things for her on her final night? ugh she was just so magical in this role!!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:04am

God we do not deserve her. She has to play Audrey on broadway! https://instagram.com/p/Bd3ypErgZ5I/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

catmandoo
#53Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 9:28pm

She got lots of applause at the start... and several people stood after "she used to be mine" and the applause went on for a good... 30-45 seconds.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#54Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 9:50pm

Betsy was awful as Jenna. Yeah I said it. Awful. She had none of the down-to-earth humor and spunk that this role needs. Played her as a simpering Southern pageant queen. And her voice is a sort of nasal Broadway belt, and I couldn't stand listening to it. 

faceleg Profile Photo
faceleg
#55Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 10:35pm

I got to see her play the mom in The Who's Tommy at Dallas Theater Center....so if they ever decide they need to revive that show, she'd be perfect! 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#56Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 10:51pm

poisonivy2 said: "Betsy was awful as Jenna. Yeah I said it. Awful. She had none of the down-to-earth humor and spunk that this role needs. Played her as a simpering Southern pageant queen. And her voice is a sort of nasal Broadway belt, and I couldn't stand listening to it."

bye

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#57Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 11:40pm

poisonivy2 said: "Betsy was awful as Jenna. Yeah I said it. Awful. She had none of the down-to-earth humor and spunk that this role needs. Played her as a simpering Southern pageant queen. And her voice is a sort of nasal Broadway belt, and I couldn't stand listening to it."

She was my favorite Jenna ¯\_(?)_/¯

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#58Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 11:45pm

She was the BEST Jenna.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#59Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/13/18 at 11:50pm

I would love to see Betsy take on one of the leading ladies in Wicked, I think that would be pretty intresting. Impossible? Probally.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

broadwayboy223
#60Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/14/18 at 12:43am

She'd make a fantastic Evita

UncleCharlie
#61Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/14/18 at 3:19am

broadwayboy223 said: "She'd make a fantastic Evita"

With her olive skin and latin good looks, she'd be a natural.

notsovirginmary Profile Photo
notsovirginmary
#62Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/14/18 at 4:16pm

Eva Peron was of Basque descent, so casting Wolfe wouldn't be outrageous.  

"A wonky eye, you've got my friend."

Moriah3
#63Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 1/14/18 at 5:06pm

Eliza in My Fair Lady