Roles for Betsy Wolfe

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 8:58am

Since she's not continuing on with Frozen anymore, are there any upcoming revivals or new shows you'd like to see her in? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#2Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 9:25am

Mean Girls. 

pupscotch
#3Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 9:44am

I'd love to see her in the Carousel revival, she could be a really interesting choice for Julie.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#4Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 9:49am

I’m still holding out hope for her to take Elsa to Broadway. That role belongs to her.

neonlightsxo
#5Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 10:01am

...unless she has that in writing, it doesn't actually.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#6Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 10:04am

Ha, I meant in the abstract sense of course Roles for Betsy Wolfe

Whateverjsays
#7Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 11:07am

Elsa. 

But i would enjoy seeing her and Jessie Mueller in a Carousel revival  

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#8Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/2/17 at 12:20pm

How about a new musical, based on The Fault In Our Stars? It would be depressing as hell but hey - it has tremendous potential.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#9Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/13/17 at 1:25pm

I was just watching NY1's On Stage, and during the Broadway Whisperer segment, I heard that she may take over for Sara Bareilles in Waitress.

CaseyBrent41
#10Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/13/17 at 4:48pm

Betsy Wolfe is playing Jenna after Sara Bareilles leaves

VintageSnarker
#11Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/14/17 at 1:00am

God damn, how many times am I going to have to see Waitress? 

elephantseye
#12Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/14/17 at 1:13am

VintageSnarker said: "God damn, how many times am I going to have to see Waitress? "

+1

Neusimone
#13Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/14/17 at 1:54am

CaseyBrent41 said: "Betsy Wolfe is playing Jenna after Sara Bareilles leaves

"

Is she really?

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#14Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/14/17 at 2:50am

VintageSnarker said: "God damn, how many times am I going to have to see Waitress? "

If they get Heidi Blickenstaff, I'd go again.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#15Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/14/17 at 11:35am

She'll be wonderful...I havent gotten around to seeing this on Broadway  (saw it at the ART), but Betsy could have me buying a ticket!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#16Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/14/17 at 12:04pm

OMG YES! Betsy playing Jenna is a terrific casting choice.

JennH
#17Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/14/17 at 1:32pm

We all love Waitress...we all love Betsy...but the two together? I honesty don't know. Yes Betsy can SAAANNGGG but in THIS style? It's a pop/rock influenced show, and Betsy's voice, while I adore it, is almost too clean for it. Prefer someone who has the pop/rock sound and still sounds natural doing. Maybe she'll surprise me? Plus...I feel her "look" doesn't quite fit this show's world and aesthetic. My opinion only however. But if this is true, I'll be seeing it with her anyway, because sadly I'm just not able to make it before Jessie leaves, (couldn't justify spending more money right now) and CERTAINLY can't afford to see Sara (as much I'd like to). That is, if Sara's run isn't sold out by now lolz. 

And, wel... I'm hoping she'll do Elsa at some point. She's just as right for it as Caissie is. I've actually had time to marinate on Caissie and I began to wonder if she actually may be a little more...natural in it. I feel her natural demeanor might lend itself to Elsa's demeanor and insecurities a bit more easily. But that's just me. Both ladies are too perfect for it. End off topic tangent. 

Updated On: 3/14/17 at 01:32 PM

Call_me_jorge
#18Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/15/17 at 12:27am

When is Sara supposed to leave? Has that been announced? Didn't she say it was a 10 week run?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#19Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/15/17 at 1:41am

She leaves on June 11th

Call_me_jorge
#21Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/15/17 at 11:51am

Blockhead24 said: "She leaves on June 11th

"

So if Betsy is the replacement, should she be there the 20th to the 23rd?

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#22Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/15/17 at 2:45pm

Maybe Eliza in My Fair Lady?

Call_me_jorge
#23Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:51am

She wouldn't be a bad choice for Elphaba in the Wicked film. 

CaseyBrent41
#24Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:57am

It was going to be Cassie Levy as Jenna, but then she got Elsa in Frozen and Betsy was called for Jenna

#25Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/23/17 at 2:53pm

CaseyBrent41 said: "It was going to be Cassie Levy as Jenna, but then she got Elsa in Frozen and Betsy was called for Jenna

This is complete nonsense, no chance a producer would have put an offer for Waitress on the table and let someone go in and audition for a Disney show.  Disney as well would not allow that to happen.    The idea she had that offer for Waitress and was just given the option of Frozen after an audition is not the way producers and casting agents work.  Producers don't fight with each other over leads, it is bad business and no one gets in Disney's way, just ask a casting agent.   More likely what happened was both Levi and Wolfe were being considered for Waitress for a very long time and the producer waited to make an offer once Disney was not involved.  Meaning the offer went directly to Wolfe.  My guess is that even if you are right and Wolfe now has an offer for Waitress which I doubt, she probably got multiple offers from producers like that for 2017-18/19 season now that she is potentially available again and Disney who no one crosses is out of the way.  Take it to the bank NO ONE was making offers to Wolfe for over a year all of 2015- 2016 since Disney leaked her being in Frozen.  She was considered by other producers to be unavailable for 2017-18 based on what Disney put out there.  That being said, Wolfe is a proven commodity as a lead on Broadway on cusp of being even bigger that is usually agreed upon here.   Producers will come calling and my guess is she has multiple offers like the Waitress one you alluded to and she is making choices of what  the next best move for her is.  I for one am just pissed Disney messed with a good thing and fired Alex Timbers which in turn got Wolfe axed once a new director and his monster ego came in and wanted his own Elsa.

Jjohansan
#26Roles for Betsy Wolfe
Posted: 3/23/17 at 4:12pm

I personally feel that Caissie is the better choice for BOTH Jenna and Elsa. Betsy is a stellar talent and would be a great Elsa, but I feel that Caissie is more right for both parts.