GROUNDHOG DAY Previews

sciencegirl
#25GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 9:07pm

I wonder if they'll restart from the beginning.....and then stop due to technical difficulties....then start from the beginning...then stop due to technical difficulties...then start from the beginning.....

:)

(if they pull the show tonight & invite people to a future performance. maybe they can turn this bit of irony into some brilliant marketing?...)

Updated On: 3/16/17 at 09:07 PM

smidge
#26GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 9:09pm

This must be part of the celebratory surprises

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#27GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 9:32pm

UPDATE: seems like a few minutes went by and Matthew came out and decided to cancel the show. But it looks like everyone was offered free tickets to any future performance of their choice! 

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!
Updated On: 3/16/17 at 09:32 PM

whatdoesntkillme
#28GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 9:38pm

I read on twitter that they're doing the rest of the show concert-style in chairs. Was that called off as well?

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#29GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 9:39pm

whatdoesntkillme said: "I read on twitter that they're doing the rest of the show concert-style in chairs. Was that called off as well?

"

According to snapchat, this is still happening! But they are only performing act one!

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!
Updated On: 3/16/17 at 09:39 PM

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#30GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:10pm

Oh man. I have tickets for tomorrow night. Guess I will be seeing the first full run.... yikes! 

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#31GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:10pm

Anyone know what the first row of the Center Orchestra is - A or B?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#32GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:11pm

Oh no! Hoping they'll be able to bring it together by tomorrow night.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#33GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:16pm

SH*T happens. Glad they handled it well by inviting everyone to come back. 

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#34GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:34pm

ZellMorrowsPledge said: "whatdoesntkillme said: "I read on twitter that they're doing the rest of the show concert-style in chairs. Was that called off as well?

"

According to snapchat, this is still happening! But they are only performing act one!

"

No. There are still doing some big numbers from the second act so as to give the audience the gist of the show. 

AuntSuzzy
#35GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:35pm

They performed Act 1 concert style, brief intermission, will come back to perform 5 songs from Act 2 without dialogue. 

AuntSuzzy
#36GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:35pm

They performed Act 1 concert style, brief intermission, will come back to perform 5 songs from Act 2 without dialogue. 

BroadwayBeebe
#37GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 10:48pm

Does this now make tomorrow first preview....? "It's our first preview.....AGAIN!" My mind wants to believe that tonight's free ticket performance was the greatest marketing strategy of all time, even though I know it's not true!

Can't wait to be there tomorrow!

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#38GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 11:18pm

To anyone that was there, I know you didn't see the whole show, but how did the material and cast sound?

sparkledust
#39GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 11:25pm

Famebroadway2 said: "Oh man. I have tickets for tomorrow night. Guess I will be seeing the first full run.... yikes! "

Hardly - they've done at least 4 or 5 runs so far, including the invited dress last night, and the final dress run the night before.

Jtoth8922
#40GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 11:50pm

I was there tonight, and while it was unfortunate about the set, the show went on! The cast performed with enthusiasm and gave it all they got under difficult circumstances, I don't feel it's completely fair to critique what was presented. But I will say there is something great there, I really wish we saw all of act 2, because I felt the songs were superior then those in the first act. I keep singing "if I had the chance again". Also appreciated the darker tone of the material in act 2. Look forward to returning to the show, I'm sure other posters will give more info on the show.

Cfried
#41GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 11:51pm

What a night! Andy Karl delivered a sensational performance! Looking forward to returning. The opening number didn't exactly excite me, but over time, I found myself really enjoying this production. Kudos to the company for handling tonight's situation exceedingly well! And I agree with Jtoth - the material we heard in Act 2 was far superior than that of Act 1 and I would've liked to have heard more. 

Updated On: 3/16/17 at 11:51 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#42GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/16/17 at 11:56pm

Well that was something. I've never been to a performance with difficulties like this before. After about 20 minutes, someone came on a speaker and called the actors off stage then said they're taking a break, or something along those lines. Over the next 50 minutes they opened up the bar to everyone in the theater (awesome move on their part) and kept us all informed as to what was happening. Finally the director came onstage with Andy and said they'd do the rest of Act one as basically a reading and then do a shortened version of act two like that as well, since it was already getting late. And in addition no matter if you stayed or left, you can get comped to another performance (again, awesome move on their part). The show ended up letting out at around 11:30 and everyone got free GROUNDHOG DAY tote bags that they were passing out by all the exits. This, I'm sure, will turn out to be an extremely costly night for the production but since it was handled so perfectly, it can only serve to help them out. 

As for the show, just judging from what we were able to see tonight, it was extraordinary. It was as similar to the film as it was different, so you get your "nostalgia" but also a completely different take on things. One song at the end of act two had me crying, like I haven't cried in a musical in a long time. I can't wait to go back and see the entire show. In a season where I seem to say I have a new favorite show every week, I guess I have a new favorite show this week. 

mamaleh
#43GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/17/17 at 12:03am

Some dialogue from Act 2, leading into the songs, was included.

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#44GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/17/17 at 12:06am

I was there as well tonight and am grateful they didn't just cancel the show. Does anyone know how I can get a compd ticket to another show? Can I just call telchaege and show them proof of my original ticket?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#45GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/17/17 at 12:07am

She said everyone will get an email tomorrow about rescheduling. 

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#46GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/17/17 at 12:12am

Thanks!

smidge
#47GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/17/17 at 12:19am

This is actually a brilliant promotion.  Keep having the same audience come back again and again and again...

supersam1026 Profile Photo
supersam1026
#48GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/17/17 at 12:49am

Did not win tonight's lottery, but did manage to win the regular lottery for tomorrow's show ($39.50/ ticket). Selection was scattered side orchestra or rear mezzanine. Very much looking forward to seeing how everything goes tomorrow and will be sure to report back!

Crazy NooNooHead Profile Photo
Crazy NooNooHead
#49GROUNDHOG DAY Previews
Posted: 3/17/17 at 1:00am

I had a great time tonight, and I really liked what I saw. It felt true to the movie, and I thought the cast and the music were great. I look forward to returning and seeing the show in its entirety.

"I have maggots in my scrotum!"