pixeltracker

Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery- Page 5

Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#100Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler
Posted: 5/29/17 at 1:23am

I saw the staircase entrance just fine from SRO.

Callum_brown1
#101Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler
Posted: 6/4/17 at 10:41pm

Any more experiences from this week? Might have a go myself before Tony's rush.

Telegram Spam
#102Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler
Posted: 6/5/17 at 6:09pm

Here's some SRO info that I initially posted in the "...Sidecar" thread.

I managed to get (very good) standing room for the Sunday matinee yesterday. I arrived at the theatre around 8AM. (The box office opens at 12 on Sundays.) There were already 9 people ahead of me in line. I was startled to learn from one of these people that apparently they only sell 15 standing places per-show. Each person is allowed to buy two standing tickets. Luckily most people were only buying one ticket each. I believe I got ticket number 12. The woman behind me bought one, and then a family of three got the last two, while also managing to buy a partial view seat. 

I don't know what time the first people arrived on the SRO line, but the woman who arrived after me got there at 8:30. (As did the family behind her.)

OCDC
#103Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler
Posted: 6/6/17 at 11:51am

Hello, 

Did you end up rushing Hello Dolly and did you get tickets? I'm arriving this coming Friday at JFK 7:30am and won't get to Box Office until 9am, and wondering about my chances for any ticket at all...

OCDC
#104Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/6/17 at 11:57am

PLEASE HELP, ANYONE?!!  Never rushed before.... Flying from San Diego and friend meeting up with me from Phoenix, for a birthday weekend in NYC. Arrive this Friday 7:30am at JFK and am trying to strategize...  Probably won't get to box office until 9am for their 10am opening. Catching Bette Midller would be a dream.  Might I have a good chance, any chance for ANY ticket?  Does anyone know at what point of the line they ran out of SRO tickets so that they started selling back row tickets, ie 15th person in line? Being that this is Tony Awards weekend, Bette is nominated and expected to win, AND it's the weekend, do you think lines would be EXTRA long? What are my chances at 9am? And if I arrived at the box office and they offered SRO but I'd like the Balcony seats, can I request for them, or let the next person behind me pass until those seats are available? In YOUR opinion, would you say being in nose bleed balcony is better than closer orchestra but standing? Would SO appreciate ANY reply!!

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#105Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:26pm

OCDC, you won't be able to get SRO arriving at the box office by 9am, but you might be able to snag one of the last row balcony partial view seats. It's worth a try...and if you're unsuccessful, there's always the cancellation line. Good luck...hope you get to see the show...it's outstanding!

OCDC
#106Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/6/17 at 4:42pm

THANK YOU KINDLY!! for responding. My eyes are crossed reading online and it's great to have boots on the ground giving me a response. Do you know roughly how many SRO tickets there are generally (I've read about 15-1Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11 and how many back row seats there are? Also, what is the Cancellation Line? I haven't seen any postings on that... how far in advance to line up for that?  I'm sad that I have to choose between standing in line to see Ms Bette Midler or NYC;Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11)

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#107Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/6/17 at 4:51pm

Approximately 15 SRO spots (they will be gone quickly)

Not sure how many back row partial view spots they sell, but counting up the number of seats in the back row rear balcony, there should be around 20 spots.

Cancellation is more of a crap shoot. I'd say three hours before curtain, and just wait to see what house seats open up.

Good luck!

OCDC
#108Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/6/17 at 5:08pm

I imagine Cancellation Line is at the Box Office also?  Any tips on Sunset Blvd and Beautiful? It's my birthday weekend so I'm going to binge on Broadway since I haven't been here for over 10 years!

OCDC
#109Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/6/17 at 5:08pm

I imagine Cancellation Line is at the Box Office also?  Any tips on Sunset Blvd and Beautiful? It's my birthday weekend so I'm going to binge on Broadway since I haven't been here for over 10 years!

Callum_brown1
#110Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/7/17 at 9:45am

FWIW I just walked past Shubert at about 9:30 and there were around 50 people waiting. I know it's a two show day but is this a lot busier than usual? Will everyone get a ticket (including balcony space)?

OCDC
#111Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/7/17 at 3:03pm

Thanks Callum_brown1... that's discouraging. If ANYONE is planning on the rush this Friday, June 9th, let me know. I'll be coming straight from JFK airport, backpack in toll, and making a beeline there. Plane lands 7:10am, hope I can be there by 8:30am. Sure would be nice if someone already held a space for meHello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11)))  I know it's wishful thinking... but maybe there's a Broadway saint out thereHello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#112Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/7/17 at 6:25pm

Saw the show for the second time today by doing the standing room/obstructed view balcony line. Planned on getting the balcony seats, so I arrived at the theatre at 9 a.m. At 10:20, I bought 2 tickets for the matinee show, balcony seats K 6-8. As others have mentioned, these $59 seats are a great bargain! They're sold as obstructed view, but if you stand, which I did the entire show, they're appear to be less obstructed than any of the other balcony seats. I was able to see the passerelle just fine, and the only 2 moments that got cut off were Cornelius and Barnaby on the upper level of Vandergelder's store, and Dolly at the very top of the staircase, while she's still in the entryway. The curtain call, however, was pretty much completely obstructed, since everyone was standing. Other than these few exceptions, I thought the seats offered a perfect view, and I highly recommend them!

Callum_brown1
#113Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/7/17 at 7:34pm

Sounds like you got a great deal CT2NYC! Would you say that the balcony seats are worth the extra few hours in bed or is orchestra significantly better? wink

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#114Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/7/17 at 9:25pm

Callum_brown1 said: "Sounds like you got a great deal CT2NYC! Would you say that the balcony seats are worth the extra few hours in bed or is orchestra significantly better? wink

Well, the first time I saw the show, I was in the rear orchestra, so I know that the view from the standing room is significantly closer, but, on the whole, the experience was similar. Also, I brought a pair of binoculars, which helped quite a bit. To answer your first question, though, I would get up earlier to try for standing room, if it's your first time seeing the show.

OCDC
#115Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/8/17 at 4:44am

Well, just in case ANYONE is able to get 2 standing-room only or partial view balcony... or face value seats for us 2 gals from the west coast, please call me 310-924-1072! Thanks!!

OCDC
#116Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/9/17 at 8:54am

In line right now, about 24 people when I got here at 8:35a

carnzee
#117Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/9/17 at 9:37am

We were at the same performance, CT2NYC. I thought Bette was in great voice.  

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#118Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/9/17 at 10:19am

carnzee said: "We were at the same performance, CT2NYC. I thought Bette was in great voice.  

Agreed. Almost 3 months in, and she's holding up. What I did notice, though, is how nicely she's settled into her monologues to Ephraim. The emotional connection was stronger than when I saw the show during previews.

Updated On: 6/9/17 at 10:19 AM

OCDC
#119Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/9/17 at 11:39am

Fri June 9th 8:30a, about 24 people in line. We got balcony $59 tickets.  1st person there since 4am. A few.others behind got tickets too.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#120Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/9/17 at 11:50am

OCDC said: "Fri June 9th 8:30a, about 24 people in line. We got balcony $59 tickets.  1st person there since 4am. A few.others behind got tickets too.

Awesome! Have a great time! Do you have binoculars? If you want to see the actors' faces close up, bring a pair. This is the view from my seat in the last row of the balcony:

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/72845/Shubert+Theatre/section-Balcony+Right/row-K/seat-8/

Bwaybb621
#121Hello Dolly Rush/Lottery/Bette Midler THIS June 9 , 10, 11
Posted: 6/13/17 at 12:49pm

If anyone bought 1 or 2 extra tickets for this Sunday, June 18th for rush/lottery/SRO, I would be willing to pay for your ticket! PM me if you could do this! Thanks in advance! 

WaffleOnWheels
#122Hello Dolly Donna Murphy Rush
Posted: 6/14/17 at 11:18am

Anyone happen to rush for yesterday, or get a report?

Would love to see Donna Murphy in this thing, and am wondering if the rush is any more reasonable than with Bette.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#123Hello Dolly Donna Murphy Rush
Posted: 6/14/17 at 11:27am

WaffleOnWheels said: "Anyone happen to rush for yesterday, or get a report?

Would love to see Donna Murphy in this thing, and am wondering if the rush is any more reasonable than with Bette.
"

Since people bought tickets into the afternoon, one would think there was no SRO until the seats were sold out?! Unless they switch some seats to rush for her?

ameleigh
#124Hello Dolly Donna Murphy Rush
Posted: 6/14/17 at 11:44am

WaffleOnWheels said: "Anyone happen to rush for yesterday, or get a report?

"

I walked into the box office at 6pm last night. No SRO, but I got an orchestra side ticket for $47. Excellent seat and Donna was fantastic!