#25FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 10/31/17 at 6:05pm

New Belasco seating chart for Farinelli:

FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#26FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 10/31/17 at 6:15pm

Thank you for posting that! I'm seeing stage seating on the two sides, similar to Twelfth Night and Richard III. 

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#27FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 10/31/17 at 6:19pm

Thanks for the seating chart. Has anyone found the specific prices for the onstage/banquette sections (besides that general range they announced)?

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#28FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 7:28am

I've never in the Belasco mezz. In terms of the $32 seats, is the back of the mezz preferable to the front of the balcony?

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#29FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 10:06am

I just bought my ticket. It looks like only the top row of stage seats is $32; the rest are $167.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#30FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 10:18am

Me too. I was looking for the $32 banquette seating, but didn't see any. Did anyone manage to get those? (I believe the first two rows of the orchestra are banquette seats.) The first row of the orchestra seemed to be $157, and the second row is premium.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#31FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 10:37am

I got stage seats for my second choice date.  Somebody else bought my first choice before I could complete the transaction .... probably someone on this board!!

The Belasco stage is usually pretty high so I was a little hesitant to consider the front row banquettes. 

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 10:37 AM

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#32FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 10:45am

Is the difference between the upper back row of onstage and the lower front row of onstage really worth the difference of $100+? I'm having trouble justifying it.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#33FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 10:46am

Perhaps the last 2 seats on either side of the front row banquettes and the second row side banquettes are being held back for rush/lottery? They appear to be completely unavailable. I opted for onstage upper rear seat 17. I'm prepared for a less than ideal view, but the price is right.

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 10:46 AM

Patty3
#34FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 11:13am

I was at airport lounge when tickets went on sale. Had trouble with app so called. Got  seats 6-8 lower right but not sure exact seat locations. Seat map had stage seats but not sure of numbers. This will be a splurge but well worth it. I felt at a disadvantage not being able to pick my own seats. I think these might be rear row which I was trying to avoid. 

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 11:13 AM

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#35FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 11:45am

Vespertine1228 said: "Is the difference between the upper back row of onstage and the lower front row of onstage really worth the difference of $100+? I'm having trouble justifying it."

I'm not sure if it will be set up exactly the same way the stage seats were for Richard III/Twelfth Night, but those cheap seats were the best bargain I've ever found in the theater. The seats themselves were super uncomfortable (they were very shallow), but we were told by the ushers that we could lean forward on the rail in front of us, solving that problem. My friend and I did a two-show day in the onstage seats, and it was honestly the best day of theater I've ever had. I'm heading over to the Belasco shortly to buy the $32 tickets for a day in January, and I'm already super excited about seeing the show from onstage. (I sat in a very cheap balcony seat when I saw it in London in 2015, and am also just excited to see Mark Rylance again.)

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#36FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 12:02pm

givesmevoice, when you're at the Belasco box office, if you remember, please ask about the upper box seats. For Twelfth Night and Richard III they were $27, and it would be cool if Farinelli had a similar deal. 

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#37FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 12:15pm

CT2NYC said: " opted for onstage upper rear seat 17. I'm prepared for a less than ideal view, but the price is right."

I got the same seat, for what I think is opening night (December 17). I sat up in that section for Twelfth Night and thought the view was just fine for that price. (On the seating chart I had a hard time figuring out which side was downstage and which was upstage, so I hope I guessed right.)

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#38FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 12:24pm

Question regarding the onstage seats: Am I correct to assume, going off the seating chart posted, that the higher the number, the closer you are to the orchestra section/more downstage you are? The Telecharge interactive seating chart is confusing me. Any insight appreciated! :)

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#39FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 12:46pm

LimelightMike said: "Question regarding the onstage seats: Am I correct to assume, going off the seating chart posted, that the higher the number, the closer you are to the orchestra section/more downstage you are? The Telecharge interactive seating chart is confusing me. Any insight appreciated! :)"

Yes, that's exactly how it is! I just got Upper Right seats 11-17, which are further downstage. The seating chart at the box office was a little clearer than the one online.

macnyc, I'm so sorry that I didn't see your post before I went to the Belasco! Although the gentleman on line behind me asked about the $32 orchestra seats, which the box office attendant didn't seem to know about, so I wonder if all of the pricing (and when those tickets will be available) has been settled. 

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

smidge
#40FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 12:56pm

LimelightMike said: "Question regarding the onstage seats: Am I correct to assume, going off the seating chart posted, that the higher the number, the closer you are to the orchestra section/more downstage you are? The Telecharge interactive seating chart is confusing me. Any insight appreciated! :)"

Had the same confusion Mike. Ordered Upper Level Seat 2 and later on realized it was furthest from the the orchestra. Oh well, for $32 I’m not gonna flip out.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#41FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 1:34pm

#1Elphie said: "CT2NYC said: "opted for onstage upper rear seat 17. I'm prepared for a less than ideal view, but the price is right."

I got the same seat, for what I think is opening night (December 17). I sat up in that section for Twelfth Night and thought the view was just fine for that price. (On the seating chart I had a hard time figuring out which side was downstage and which was upstage, so I hope I guessed right.)
"

I didn't realize realize seats were available for opening night! I switched mine to 12/17, but, since you're sitting in seat 17, I took seat 13.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#42FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 1:50pm

CT2NYC said: "#1Elphie said: "CT2NYC said: "opted for onstage upper rear seat 17. I'm prepared for a less than ideal view, but the price is right."

"

I didn't realize realize seats were available for opening night! I switched mine to 12/17, but, since you're sitting in seat 17, I took seat 13.
"

I bought 15 and 17, so you'll be right next to me and my friend. FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 01:50 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#43FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 1:50pm

smidge said: "LimelightMike said: "Question regarding the onstage seats: Am I correct to assume, going off the seating chart posted, that the higher the number, the closer you are to the orchestra section/more downstage you are? The Telecharge interactive seating chart is confusing me. Any insight appreciated! :)"

Had the same confusion Mike. Ordered Upper Level Seat 2 and later on realized it was furthest from the the orchestra. Oh well, for $32 I’m not gonna flip out.
"

If you feel like going through the trouble, Telecharge will do an exchange.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#44FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 1:54pm

#1Elphie said: "CT2NYC said: "#1Elphie said: "CT2NYC said: "opted for onstage upper rear seat 17. I'm prepared for a less than ideal view, but the price is right."

"

"

I bought 15 and 17, so you'll be right next to me and my friend. FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017

"

Nice! I'm really excited to be there on opening night, so thanks so much for mentioning it!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#45FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 2:32pm

12/17 isn't showing up on Telecharge anymore. An hour ago, when I switched my ticket to that date, very few of the onstage/banquette seats had been sold. Were they made available accidentally, so Telecharge pulled them?

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 02:32 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#46FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 4:52pm

I'm taking my mother to the show and cannot decide between banquette seating and on stage seating!

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#47FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 5:47pm

Where are the $32 seats located?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#48FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 5:50pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Where are the $32 seats located?"

They are in the balcony, the last row of the mezzanine, and the top row of the on-stage seating. Also there are some on the far sides of the second row of the banquette seating in the orchestra, but I haven't seen those for sale. 

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#49FARINELLI AND THE KING Set to Open at the Belasco in December 2017
Posted: 11/1/17 at 6:18pm

CT2NYC said: "12/17 isn't showing up on Telecharge anymore. An hour ago, when I switched my ticket to that date, very few of the onstage/banquette seats had been sold. Were they made available accidentally, so Telecharge pulled them?"

Strange! You'd think they would have realized sooner, because regular, non-stage seating tickets to that performance have been available for a long time.