pixeltracker

ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?- Page 3

ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#50ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 12:09pm

Just purchase it. It's $8.99 on Amazon, the price of two Starbucks drinks. It's worth it for the wonderful performances and to hear this fantastic overlooked score.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#51ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 12:12pm

I agree! Issues aside, the cast is wonderful and IMO, the recording is very complete-- they recorded everything (obviously not all the dialogue but you know what I mean)! I love when shows do that. 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#52ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 12:20pm

At 70 minutes, it definitely feels like a complete representation of the score. 

I just listened to "Quartet at the Ballet" again. It's just incredible. Bravi!

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#53ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 1:02pm

It's out of stock on Amazon...says it ships in 1 to 3 weeks.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#54ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 2:49pm

The digital version is available and only $8.99.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#55ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 2:52pm

So annoyed that it's not on Spotify!

theater_tech
#56ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 3:27pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "So annoyed that it's not on Spotify!

ditto - but on Apple Music

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#57ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 1:30pm

For those still looking for a place to preview it, someone uploaded it (or at least most of the songs) to Youtube:
https://youtu.be/beTUnBtSAf8

Ahmy
#58ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 4:56pm

They replied to one of my tweets and said there were no plans to stream it. Disappointing.

curel1
#59ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 5:05pm

Ahmy said: "They replied to one of my tweets and said there were no plans to stream it. Disappointing.

"

I don't get that. They would get a bigger audience if they streamed it

Ahmy
#60ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/16/17 at 12:17am

curel1 said: "Ahmy said: "They replied to one of my tweets and said there were no plans to stream it. Disappointing.

"

I don't get that. They would get a bigger audience if they streamed it

"
Definitely. I know $12.99 isn't a huge amount, but that's also the same amount (roughly) I pay for 3 months of Apple Music. It's also frustrating, because the Groundhog Day cast album and a few other shows from Broadway Records can be downloaded/streamed through Apple Music.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#61ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/16/17 at 12:47am

Add me to those who don't love Broadway Records.  Their albums are often sucked dry and sound like they were recorded in a broom closet.  I love The Visit and The Color Purple and I even really enjoy Anastasia, but I just wish that it didn't sound so flat and lifeless.

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#62ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/29/17 at 3:03pm

I bought this on iTunes the day it came out. Originally, each song had it's performers on the Artist's part, but now it says all songs are by Ramin & Christy. Is anyone else having the same issue? 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#63ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/29/17 at 3:46pm

^Mine on my phone still says the name of each person who sings on the track. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#64ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/29/17 at 5:27pm

This album has really been growing on me. I don't know if it's because it's actually great or just because I'm a Fanastasia from the start, but who cares. That said, I have a few nitpicky questions about the plot, based on the recording and the album booklet synopsis. If anyone who's seen the show is able to advise on any of these, it would be really helpful:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

- If Anya had the diamond all along, why did she go along with Vlad and Dmitry’s scheme? She didn’t need them to get to Paris. Why not just pay her own way to Paris solo?

- It sounds as though Vlad and Lily were able to ‘get away with’ an adulterous royalty-commoner fling that everybody knew about (or at least suspected) during the heyday of royalist Russia. Therefore, does the show question or explain why it would have been that big of a deal for Anya and Dmitry to get together without Anya disengaging princess mode, especially given that the notion of Russian royalty had been rendered largely irrelevant by that time?

- This is REALLY minor, but: I get that Anya arriving separately at the ballet allows for “omg DRESS”, but practically speaking, why doesn’t Anya just arrive at the ballet together with Dmitry and Vlad?

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#65ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/29/17 at 7:47pm

Fan123 said: "This album has really been growing on me. I don't know if it's because it's actually great or just because I'm a Fanastasia from the start, but who cares. That said, I have a few nitpicky questions about the plot, based on the recording and the album booklet synopsis. If anyone who's seen the show is able to advise on any of these, it would be really helpful:

- If Anya had the diamond all along, why did she go along with Vlad and Dmitry’s scheme? She didn’t need them to get to Paris. Why not just pay her own way to Paris solo?

- It sounds as though Vlad and Lily were able to ‘get away with’ an adulterous royalty-commoner fling that everybody knew about (or at least suspected) during the heyday of royalist Russia. Therefore, does the show question or explain why it would have been that big of a deal for Anya and Dmitry to get together without Anya disengaging princess mode, especially given that the notion of Russian royalty had been rendered largely irrelevant by that time?

- This is REALLY minor, but: I get that Anya arriving separately at the ballet allows for “omg DRESS”, but practically speaking, why doesn’t Anya just arrive at the ballet together with Dmitry and Vlad?

I can try to answer some of these, at least from my interpretation!

-She didn't want to use the diamond until it was the very last option. Partly because it was the only thing she had from before she lost her memories, partly because it's a one-time thing - she could presumably keep earning wages, but once the diamond was sold, the money would have been finite, and then once she was in Paris, she would have less guarantee of work.

-Russian aristocracy was WEIRD when it came to affairs. They often tended to look the other way; it was even quite common among some of the more bohemian nobility. But Lily wasn't a direct Romanov (she was Maria's cousin, and Maria wasn't a Romanov, she married into it), and she was just one of many nobles/royals at the time. Anastasia is the direct descendant of the royal line, as well as the last true Romanov left and the family's heir. She would probably be pressured to marry a blue blood to maintain social class, as well as to avoid the appearance of an impoverished suitor only seeking to marry her for her money. A cute but poor romantic partner would be a "luxury" no longer available.

-She comes in without a coat/shawl/stole, so maybe she stopped in the coat room first, whereas the men didn't or got done there faster? I think that's how the animated movie framed it.

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#66ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/30/17 at 5:14am

Thank you! The imagined production in my head will be improved.

Somewhat randomly, I'll throw in a little more Dress love while I'm here...

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#67ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/30/17 at 10:05pm

Even more randomly, for those with an interest in 'Anastasia'-related stories in general: this is unrelated to the Broadway show, but apparently there's going to be some kind of new semi-musical film on the theme; it sounds pretty bad though. I'm pretty desensitised to the insensitivity of still telling "she survived with amnesia" versions of the myth, but this one just sounds outright crazy:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/aliyah-moulden-the-voice-anastasia-once-upon-a-time-1202479493/

"Upcoming live-action family comedy 'Anastasia: Once Upon A Time'...set in 1917, 'Anastasia' is a re-telling of the classic story in which Anastasia Romanov escapes through a portal when her family is threatened by Vladimir Lenin, and finds herself in the year 1988, befriended by a young American girl... [Aliyah] Moulden will play the role of an ’80s pop star, who encounters the young Anastasia...when she emerges through the time portal. Moulden will write and perform several original songs for the film." WHAT.

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#68ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 6/30/17 at 11:22pm

"Once Upon a Dream" and "Journey to the Past" are quite pretty songs, but one thing that really Annie's me is the end of "Journey". Why on earth is the final "at last" given to a musical phrase for three syllables? "Ah-at last" just sounds like lazy lyricism. Even "at long last" would be preferable. That said, it's not even close to the abhorrent lyrics for last season's Bright Star, but coming from such a seasoned Broadway score-writing team, I do have to say it bothers me. God is in the details, as they say.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#69ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 10/11/17 at 3:52am

The cast recording is now on Spotify. (Broadway Records have put a few of their older releases onto Spotify recently as well.)

https://open.spotify.com/album/2dDzJlbHoVGKMGZF4wQfla

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#70ANASTASIA OBC Digital Release?
Posted: 4/6/19 at 6:18pm

A German cast recording is coming out later this month, from the Stuttgart production.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07QC31T7M/