pixeltracker

Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View

Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View

oh-bwayhereicome Profile Photo
oh-bwayhereicome
#1Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/26/17 at 6:57pm

Hi! Looking into the $30 balcony seats. Any opinion on the best place to sit? I'm weary about the front row. There seems to be a bar at eye level in the front row.

Opinions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#2Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/26/17 at 7:01pm

I did some looking into this when I bought my ticket for July, and the balcony didn't sound like a great option -- super high and steep (I'm afraid of heights), and not the best view. I went for mezzanine instead.

greenifyme2
#3Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/26/17 at 7:35pm

Did you check out the pics on aviewfrommyseat.com ? I always look there before I buy tix.

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#4Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/26/17 at 7:46pm

I sat in the front row. It was a little low since there's a second level to the set. You get wet on more than one occasion.  You also are involved with the actors as they have some interplay with some of the people in the front couple of rows.

Nycat63
#5Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/26/17 at 7:48pm

I sat in Row B of the Mezz for Oh Hello and Row E for TPTGW.  I was quite happy with the Mezz - think I paid $59 for TPTGW via some discount but it was worth the extra money.  I noticed the shot from the balcony while watching Oh Hello on Netflix and it looked soooo much higher and farther away than my Mezz seats.  There's so much going on on that stage that I don't know that I'd want to be in the balcony.  And the show is hilarious!

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#6Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/26/17 at 8:55pm

I've sat in the Lyceum balcony before, and it is verrry high but not too far from the stage so it balanced out for me.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#7Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/26/17 at 9:16pm

The Lyceum is very small, and you can't really go wrong with either the mezz or orchestra in my opinion. I haven't sat in the balcony, though. For TPTGW specifically, I believe I sat in around Row O of the orchestra – practically in the back – and still had a wonderful view and missed nothing. 

bennyb86
#8Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/28/17 at 1:26pm

I have dead center first row of the Balcony for when I see it next month (well August) so I hope thats ok with a good view. 

JaneAugust
#9Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/29/17 at 8:54pm

I saw the show from the balcony in April. My ticket was unfortunately on house left and I missed an entire bit because I couldn't see part of the set. I ended up moving to a front row balcony seat at intermission which was much better. That's where I sat for Oh Hello. There are lights hanging from the front of the balcony so you have to sit up or lean forward to see the entire stage, but they are great seats. I hope you have a great time!

characterism
#10Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 6/30/17 at 8:25am

I bought tickets for the balcony through TodayTix late May and was seated house left.  The view wasn't necessarily awful.

Some actors/crew came into the audience pre-show, interacting with everyone.  My husband and I had a good back and forth with a few them as well as "the director" and one of them upgraded us to center orchestra seats. The view from there was of course fantastic. I don't know if they do this every show, but if you do end up in the balcony, playing along with the actors can't hurt!

coreman009
#11Play That Goes Wrong Balcony View
Posted: 7/3/17 at 11:19pm

I've sat in the mezzanine and in the balcony, and while I think the mezzanine is the perfect spot for the show, front balcony is solid too. It's high up but it's not too far, you see it all. And the actors definitely make their way around every section before the show and during intermission, they're hilarious. My advice is DEFINITELY see this, and if you can afford it, spring for the mezzanine. It makes the experience better. 

But don't sing on the far left hand side of the theater (stage right), as you'll miss the hilarious lighting & sound guy. 

Videos