Hercules Dream Cast

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#75Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 1:44pm

If she's offended by teenagers benignly dream casting her in a role she knows she'll never play then she needs to take a chill pill and evaluate as well.  

Broadway World's Fireman.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#76Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 4:19pm

Ms. Erivo gets dreamcasted into myriad roles on this board. I'd think she'd be pleased that the theater-going public is so eager to see her on stage in such a wide array of roles. But I'm not an actor so I don't know the proper response. 

Only Emmy Rossum gets dreamcasted more often here. *wink*

VintageSnarker
#77Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:34pm

No one else is into Terrence Mann as Hades? I'd make a Tuck Everlasting argument but I don't think enough people saw that show.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#78Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:55pm

VintageSnarker said: "No one else is into Terrence Mann as Hades? I'd make a Tuck Everlasting argument but I don't think enough people saw that show."

Great choice! I didn't care for him in Tuck, thought he did too much mugging. But I saw the show midway through previews so maybe he modified his performance. 

If you cast Terry, what role will Carolee play, since they are in the same shows so often. :) 

dianamorales Profile Photo
dianamorales
#79Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 8:29pm

Reading this thread has made me so excited for this that I forget its not even confirmed....

anthonyg2
#80Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 11:17pm

I'm sorry what!!! LMM as Hercules. NO

The first person that popped into my head was Ben Fankhauser for Hercules. I would also venture to say Andrew Keenan-Bolger as Phil? (sorry I'm going all Newsies) 

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#81Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 11:35pm

anthonyg2 said: "I'm sorry what!!! LMM as Hercules. NO

The first person that popped into my head was Ben Fankhauser for Hercules. I would also venture to say Andrew Keenan-Bolger as Phil? (sorry I'm going all Newsies) 
"

That's brilliant! See, Medda welcomes the boys to her theater to put on a benefit production to raise money to support the strike. You get a whole show-within-a-show thingy. And you only have to give Menken one paycheck since he's only working on one show.

In addition to Ben and AKB, Kara can be Meg, the nuns can be the muses, Dossett can be Hades, the Delancey 'Bruddahs' can be his henchman. 

Quick! Somebody call Cynthia Erivo's agent and get her signed up to play a nun!!

[ducking out of the way]

hork Profile Photo
hork
#82Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/14/17 at 11:40pm

I see Cynthia Erivo more as Thebian Citizen #4.

PatrickDC Profile Photo
PatrickDC
#83Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/16/17 at 1:45pm

Playbill.com just posted a photo gallery of the dream cast from Playbill readers. Mostly follows the suggestions here. A couple suggestions I didn't see in this thread I thought have merit: Leslie Margarita as Meg and Chris Seiber as Hades. 

I don't know if it was a mistake or inspired casting, but Jenn Colleka is listed in the Hercules roster. :) Puts a whole new spin on the Herc/Meg relationship. 

JennH
#84Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/16/17 at 1:54pm

Who said Brad Oscar for Phil??? YOU'RE A GENIUS I SAY!!!

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#86Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/17/17 at 8:16am

Has anyone been seeing the recent twitter drama with Erivo & the dream casting . It's still going on as of today 

froote
#87Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 7/17/17 at 8:19am

Erivo's is incredibly argumentative and unlikeable on Twitter, even when her point is correct. It's a shame.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#88Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/12/18 at 12:17am

Bump!

I was listening to Hercules in the car this morning and began to think about the cast if Hercules comes to broadway. I feel like the perfect fit for Hercules would be Jay Armstrong Johnson and for Meg I was thinking Jessie Mueller.

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#89Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/12/18 at 7:48am

Isaac Powell for Hercules and PLEASE Will Swenson for Hades!!

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

Oak2
#90Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/12/18 at 10:03am

Young Hercules - Iain Armitage

Hercules - John Legend - or alternately, Tom Brady

Pegasus - Daniel Radcliffe

Philoctetes - Nathan Lane - or alternately, Bill Belichick

Megara - Andrea McArdle

Hades - Steve Buscemi

Pain and Panic - Two random audience members brought up just to be yelled at by Steve Buscemi

The Muses - Oprah, Michelle Obama, Queen Latifah, Harriet Tubman, Maya Angelou, and Rosa Parks (the latter 3 will be resurrected via DisneyTech solely for these performances, and then delivered back to the void in between performances.)

Some random tree in the background - Cynthia Erivo

Updated On: 5/12/18 at 10:03 AM

natashalost
#91Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/12/18 at 10:32pm

Carleigh Bettiol, original ensemble member from Hamilton, is a dead ringer for Meg. Would be to cast a relative new-comer!

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#92Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/12/18 at 11:31pm

I see many actresses that I think would be a good Meg, but the only one I can think of that would be a GREAT Meg would be Ana Villafane.

222disneyland
#93Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/14/18 at 12:09am

this is  a joke right?

S394206H Profile Photo
S394206H
#94Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/14/18 at 12:57am

Christian Borle would nail it as Hades- he has the vocal chops and a great history of playing comedic villains. Plus, the man's comedic timing is impeccable- I was rolling in the aisles with laughter at Me and My Girl.

God, the almighty and all-knowing, has misplaced a cup?

Dollypop
#95Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/14/18 at 1:07am

Micah Stock

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Oak2
#96Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/14/18 at 10:37am

But for real, previous joke-casting aside, if they do announce this I won't be surprised one bit if Hades ends up just going to James Woods again. James Woods has repeatedly gone on record to the fact that he ABSOLUTELY LOVES playing Hades - it's his favorite role to perform period, and he jumps at every chance he can get to play him again. He continues to play him in all the spinoffs and video games and whatnot which usually have to find voice replacements instead. And Disney's already set a precedent for "Original Voice Actor now playing the same character on stage" with Jonathan Freeman reprising his role of Jafar in the stage production of Aladdin. 

Pretty much the only way that Hades would be played by anyone other than James Woods is if A) Woods is literally unable to perform the role due to either previous obligations or illness, or B) Disney just outright tells him no. And I'm not certain if Disney would have a reason to say no to a star like Woods. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#97Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/14/18 at 11:46am

Sassy gay guy for Hades or Hades is cancelled >.< 

I'll settle for nothing less than James Cameron Mitchell, Titus Burgess, NPH, or Jonathan Groff.

Ana Villafane for Meg and Isaac Powell for Hercules are great choices. Wouldn't mind seeing someone of Joshua Henry's stature though. Now he looks like a Hercules (like, i'll let him pick me up on his shoulder).

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#98Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 5/14/18 at 1:30pm

James Woods is a huge Trump supporter and has become a really awful person lately, so I feel like he'd turn a lot of people off if he were cast.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

jae_lynn13 Profile Photo
jae_lynn13
#99Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 8/29/18 at 11:56am

I recently watched an interview with Susan Egan, and she said she would love to see Krysta Rodriguez play Meg! I totally agree with Susan; Krysta has that edge and that deep, sultry voice that is perfect for Meg! Krysta is an amazing performer and I find her to be extremely captivating on stage; everything about her just screams Meg! 

As for Hercules, I've seen a lot of Derek Klena's and honestly, I'm not mad at it. I've also seen NPH as Hades and I would totally love for him to come back to Broadway! I can't wait until the cast is revealed!

James Kerrigan2
#100Hercules Dream Cast
Posted: 9/1/18 at 12:12am

James Monroe Iglehart as Hades would be PERFECTION!!!!