pixeltracker

STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING

STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#1STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/10/17 at 6:29am

At first I thought, ugh, another movie musical... but the talent involved based on his Instagram post is legit...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXmPrmrgzmb/

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/10/17 at 8:51am

I love the movie, but I'm not feeling a musical.  I wouldn't write it off entirely, however.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LarryD2
#3STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/10/17 at 9:14am

dramamama611 said: "I love the movie, but I'm not feeling a musical.  I wouldn't write it off entirely, however.

"

The creative team alone is enough for me to give it a chance. I believe it's already on track for a full production at Paper Mill Playhouse this season.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#4STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/10/17 at 9:24am

Already have my tickets booked for Papermill.  It runs 3/29-4/29/18.  Excited that I might get to see Kazee in this.  So do you think they will use any of the Scott Joplin music?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#5STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/10/17 at 9:41am

The Entertainer is in the public domain, so I don't see why not! I imagine his whole catalog is available, because it's all pre-1923 (he died in 1917).

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Entertainer

Updated On: 8/10/17 at 09:41 AM

Cfried
#6STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/10/17 at 11:32am

THE STING will have its world premiere at Paper Mill next spring. I'm very excited! 

Cfried
#7STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/13/17 at 7:53pm

Was anyone there on Thursday or Friday that can comment on the show? I'm very curious! 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/13/17 at 9:37pm

Love Urinetown and have been waiting for them to write something else. I'm excited for this!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#9STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/13/17 at 11:43pm

RippedMan said: "Love Urinetown and have been waiting for them to write something else. I'm excited for this!"

http://www.playbill.com/article/yeast-nation-from-writers-of-urinetown-will-play-st-louis

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#10STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 8/14/17 at 2:56am

YEAST NATION got a production in San Francisco a couple of years ago. It is a very weird show, Makes URINETOWN look like Carousel. 

NOB88
#11STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 9/27/17 at 7:19pm

Now that Kazee has committed to Pretty Woman, who might do The Sting?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#12STEVE KAZEE doing industry reading of THE STING
Posted: 9/27/17 at 9:36pm

Saw the world premiere of Yeast Nation in Chicago and lightning didn't strike twice, unfortunately. It was mildly amusing, but it didn't have the same spark of ingenuity. The book and score never really took off and conceptually, it didn't gel.

The Sting has such a tight screenplay, I fear the score may slow it down, but I have to admit, I can't imagine it without that iconic Joplin music, so it does have potential.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian