GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#50The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/13/17 at 3:56pm

Anyone done this recently? How was it?

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#51The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/13/17 at 6:14pm

I’ll walk by the line tomorrow and update my post with my findings.

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#52The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/14/17 at 9:44am

Bumping this so people will see it earlier.

I walked by the line this morning (Tuesday) at 9:30am. First guy on line told me he got there at 7:00am.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#53The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/14/17 at 6:01pm

Are they doing SRO?? Anyone try it??

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

petewk87
#54The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/15/17 at 12:05am

How obstructed have the rush seats been? If anyone has had success with standing room, please let us know as well. Thank you!

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#55The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/15/17 at 6:37am

I had the seat all the way to the left of row B and couldn’t see stage right. I did miss some things; the cafe set is turned slightly towards house right, but the actors are in front of it, so it’s fine.

Most everything takes place front and center though, so even from my seat or the seats behind me, you should still be able to see.

tmbyru Profile Photo
tmbyru
#56The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/15/17 at 9:13am

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns said: "Bumping this so people will see it earlier.

I walked by the line this morning (Tuesday) at 9:30am. First guy on line told me he got there at 7:00am.
"

When you walked by at 9:30, how many people would you say are in line behind the guy who got there at 7?

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#57The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/15/17 at 7:24pm

tmbyru said: "RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns said: "Bumping this so people will see it earlier.

"

When you walked by at 9:30, how many people would you say are in line behind the guy who got there at 7?
"

Whoops, forgot to include that after I had to reload the page.

There were 10 people behind him. The last person on the line had gotten there a few minutes before I walked by.

AEA AGMA SM
#58The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/16/17 at 12:11am

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Are they doing SRO?? Anyone try it??"

There is no standing room for this show. There is only about 4' or so between the lobby doors and the last row of the orchestra, so there's no space there to put standees, plus they have to keep the curtains closed directly behind the last row so that the comings and goings of the house staff do not cause a disturbance.

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#59The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/16/17 at 5:52am

AEA AGMA SM said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "Are they doing SRO?? Anyone try it??"

There is no standing room for this show. There is only about 4' or so between the lobby doors and the last row of the orchestra, so there's no space there to put standees, plus they have to keep the curtains closed directly behind the last row so that the comings and goings of the house staff do not cause a disturbance.
"

Thank you!

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

tmbyru Profile Photo
tmbyru
#60The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/18/17 at 8:28am

Thanks for the updated info Rndm...

I am planning on rushing this Tuesday morning. Anyone have any advice on what time I should get there for a Tuesday?

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#61The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/18/17 at 10:20am

tmbyru said: "Thanks for the updated info Rndm...

I am planning on rushing this Tuesday morning. Anyone have any advice on what time I should get there for a Tuesday?

"

Keeping in mind the upcoming holiday (Tuesday and Wednesday will probably be traveling days anyway), I can’t imagine the time will be much different than last week Tuesday. I’d say 7am if you want to be first or second on line, 8am to be safe, 9am latest.

deathofacatler
#62The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/19/17 at 10:33am

I tried to rush yesterday (Saturday), so here's what I've got:

I arrived at 8:30-ish, and there were over 20 people in line but I hoped that I could maybe get lucky. By the time the box office opened, there were definitely around 40 people in line. The tickets sold out when I was about 9 people back, so I would defnintely try arriving around 7am next time.

VanillaIceCream2
#63The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/23/17 at 9:50pm

I rushed yesterday (Wednesday, a two-show day right before Thanksgiving) and arrived right around 8am. There were 12 people in front of me, but I didn't think to ask how early the first person got there. By the time the box office opened, there were at least 40 people in line, possibly more. I didn't stick around to see how many people got tickets but I can't imagine everyone did. 

There was talk in line that they tend to give out 20 tickets, but I'm not sure if that's a hard and fast rule or if it's subject to availability. I was ticket number 16 or so for the matinee. I just needed a single ticket and got orchestra row Q house right, which was a perfect view. I saw the woman who was next to me in the rush line after the show, and she'd gotten a partial view seat further up in the orchestra, and she said she had a lot of trouble seeing, just as a warning! 

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#64The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/23/17 at 9:55pm

They give out 20 rush tickets each performance. There are designated rush seats on the extreme orchestra sides (I don’t think they are anywhere else?)

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#65The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/30/17 at 12:32pm

Bumping this. I am coming in from out of town this weekend, and curious what the current rush lines are like. Does anyone have a report from the last week?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#66The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 11/30/17 at 1:04pm

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns said: "They give out 20 rush tickets each performance. There are designated rush seats on the extreme orchestra sides (I don’t think they are anywhere else?)"

My rush seats were Row A and Row B on the far sides of the mezzanine. 

Lyssie
#67The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/2/17 at 1:40pm

Has anyone rushed this recently? My friend and I were going to try tomorrow and I’m trying to figure out what time we should get there. Do you think 10am for a Sunday would be too late?

BroadwayKiwi
#68The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/5/17 at 3:10pm

Just to give some recent info for anyone who needs it...
I arrived at the box office today (Tues Dec 5) at 9am and was 5th in line. By 10am the line had doubled in length. I was sold seat BB5 in the orchestra, and as I left I heard the guy after me being sold a box seat.

Excited to see the show!

BroadwayLover992 Profile Photo
BroadwayLover992
#69The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/14/17 at 7:35am

Has anyone Rushed since last week? I plan on rushing the show tomorrow and wanted some advice on when to get there. Was planning on getting there around 8am - hopefully the weather will keep some folks from getting there super early. Will post an update tomorrow of my experience

chuckydisc
#70The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/14/17 at 7:52am

BroadwayLover992 said: "Has anyone Rushed since last week? I plan on rushing the show tomorrow and wanted some advice on when to get there. Was planning on getting there around 8am - hopefully the weather will keep some folks from getting there super early. Will post an update tomorrow of my experience"

What number in line would you like to be?

BroadwayLover992
#71The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/14/17 at 11:10am

chuckydisc said: "What number in line would you like to be?"

I would love to be number 1 lol but I'll take top 5

chuckydisc
#72The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/14/17 at 11:55am

BroadwayLover992 said: "chuckydisc said: "What number in line would you like to be?"

I would love to be number 1 lol but I'll take top 5
"

Arrive at 7:15AM then.

BroadwayLover992
#73The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/15/17 at 10:11am

I rushed this morning (Friday 12/15). Got there 7:45, was first in line. Next person came around 8am. By 8:30 there 5 people behind me. When the box office opened there were about 9 people total including myself.
Got row D seats 13 and 15

irishgator1
#74The Band's Visit Rush Policy Announced
Posted: 12/15/17 at 10:26am

BroadwayLover992 said: "I rushed this morning (Friday 12/15). Got there 7:45, was first in line. Next person came around 8am. By 8:30 there 5 people behind me. When the box office opened there were about 9 people total including myself.
Got row D seats 13 and 15
"

Great seats!! Enjoy the show!