pixeltracker

The BWW Tech Support Thread- Page 10

The BWW Tech Support Thread

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#225The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/11/23 at 2:49pm

Hey Rob! I'm writing on behalf of (MEMBER) DOLLYPOP.

They are having problems with the site. Any time they attempt to write on the chat boards, the message doesn't appear. As you might have noticed, there was even a thread asking if DOLLYPOP were ok, since their absence has been noted!

Dollypop told me that they emailed you, but haven't heard anything... Please feel free to use me as an intermediatecontact if needed. As you can imagine, this is frustrating. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#226The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/11/23 at 4:10pm

Thanks for relaying... I've got no emails from him here, but happy to help if I can. If he's getting an error or needs to reset his PW, or the like, just have him hit contact@broadwayworld.com and we'll be on the lookout

dramamama611
#227The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/11/23 at 5:38pm

I will pass this along, Rob.  Thanks.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611
#228The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 11:15am

From Dollypop:  I can get into BWW but once I'm there nothing I type appears on the site.  That's why Rob didn't get my email.  It all started when huge gaps appeared between the lines when I posted on chats

He also mentioned he's tried using his library's computers as well - so it's not a device problem (nor a sign in problem)

He has sent you another email, but of course doesn't know if you've gotten it (at the address you posted above.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#229The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 11:26am

It all started when huge gaps appeared between the lines when I posted on chats

I sincerely doubt that has anything to do with this website or anything regarding it, in any way. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#230The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 11:31am

Just a suggestion, but if he has another email address, he should try creating a new profile.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#231The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 11:42am

We did get his email (and answered!) 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#232The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 12:15pm

No one is going to address why the app kicks you over to a browser whenever you click on a post?  It’s truly annoying AND it’s a whole process of re-entering account/password info whenever you want to post/comment.  This issue has been present for weeks. 

dramamama611
#233The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 12:54pm

Rob said: "We did get his email (and answered!)"

Excellent! 

dramamama611
#234The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 12:57pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "No one is going to address why the app kicks you over to a browser whenever you click on a post? It’s truly annoying AND it’s a whole process of re-entering account/password info whenever you want to post/comment. This issue has been present for weeks."

You might want to specify where this is happening .. on the app? An android? Laptop?

I have not encountered this issue.  (But I haven't been able to use the app on android for about 2 months now )

BrodyFosse123
#235The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 1:28pm

I use the app on my iPhone 14 Pro Max and whenever I click a post on the message board, the post opens on the Safari browser. iPhone and app is updated so I’m using all the current versions. Others have mentioned this on past posts on this thread but they went ignored. 

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#236The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 3:37pm

Apologies if you thought you were being ignored. An iPhone app fix has just went out for this. (app crew had to fix, then submit, etc.)

BrodyFosse123
#237The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 3:46pm

Rob said: "Apologies if you thought you were being ignored. An iPhone app fix has just went out for this. (app crew had to fix, then submit, etc.)"

Update popped up and I updated the app and BOOM, everything works perfectly.  Posts no longer open on the Safari browser.  Thanks for the speedy attention to this.  

Rob Profile Photo
Rob
#238The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/12/23 at 5:24pm

Woot, and they're checking to see next what can be done on the Android front. Stay tuned!

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#239The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/13/23 at 10:41am

Highland Guy started a thread over on the OT board this past Saturday. When we click on it, we are re-directed to the main board. The thread currently stands at 0 views. Something's not right there. HG has not been back since, I'm just worried maybe he has disappeared into the same black hole as Dollypop.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

chrishuyen
#240The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/13/23 at 5:56pm

Not super urgent, but I think there's a longer delay now between when a message gets posted and when an email notification for the message shows up, something around 3 hours sometimes, though it doesn't seem to be that consistent.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#241The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/13/23 at 8:37pm

Rob,

Thanks for getting all of BWW back within the app…rather than jumping into Safari to view the message boards with iOS.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#242The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 11/27/23 at 1:50pm

FYI in my Safari browser there is no option of the Off-Topic board in the "Chat" dropdown menu (from the red bar at the top). Unless they did away with the off-topic board??

dramamama611
#243The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 12/17/23 at 7:45am

1. Android App STILL not functioning.  It's been 2 or 3 months since reported.

And because of that, I use the browser on my  phone HOWEVER:

2. The home page of the chats doesn't show up completely....much of the time the title gets cut off, which also means the last poster is cut off. When that's happening, you also can't go to the last page because it's cut off...and no, I can't move the screen.

Lastly, and probably related

3.  I cannot EDIT on the browser version on my phone.  The full edit screen doesnt show up, so you can't see a lot of what is being typed (or dleleted) which really doesn't matter, because there is no way to save your changes.  AGAIN, because of bizarre sizing choices, and an inability to move left or right, you can't ever SEE the save/edit button.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#244The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 1/23/24 at 1:20pm

Moderators:  Please delete the multiple "spam" threads in the Off-Topic section.  Speaking only for myself, I am not in search of foreign call girls.

Non sibi sed patriae

GottaGetAGimmick420
#245The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 1/24/24 at 8:22am

The spam threads are back

I'm just here so I don't get fined

dramamama611
#246The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 1/24/24 at 11:37am

That's what the "report to mods" button is for 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#247The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 1/24/24 at 12:16pm

dramamama611 said: "That's what the "report to mods" button is for"

Both today and yesterday saw over 20 spam posts. I'm not taking the time to report each spam post.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#248The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 1/24/24 at 12:18pm

Still getting ads 5 to 10 seconds after a video starts.

Also, on my Chromebook, when I go to the Off-Topic Board and click on a thread title, it takes me back to the main board. The Off-Topic thread doesn't open. This doesn't happen on my phone.

Just give the world Love.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#249The BWW Tech Support Thread
Posted: 1/25/24 at 9:50am

For weeks now, whenever I click on a BWW article from the mobile site on my iPhone, the page redirects after a few seconds to a clear phishing attempt from a site claiming to be McAfee scanning my device for viruses and then telling me my subscription is out of date. 

The number of pop up video banners and ads is bad enough, but this has effectively made the news portion of the site unusable and, worse, unsafe. 

(also- can this thread be pinned to the top of the board, so folks don’t have to go hunting for it?)

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 1/25/24 at 09:50 AM