Come From Away rush

Westender2
#25Come From Away rush
Posted: 12/30/17 at 11:38am

I just rushed this morning.  Man at the front wanted 5 seats for the evening show.  He switched on and off with his son, and at 9:40pm his daughter came and joined them.  Total BS.

Then the next 4 in front of me wanted 2 each for the matinee, leaving me the final 2 matinee seats.  It was cold and snowing lightly.  I arrived at roughly 7:40.  They let us in the box office area at 9:50, and tickets started at 10 on the nose.  There were many more people than available seats/SRO by the time the box office opened.

So all in all the wait wasn't bad, especially foe the time of the year, but as has been the theme for me all week it's been bloody cold!

chuckydisc
#26Come From Away rush
Posted: 12/30/17 at 9:00pm

Westender2 said: "I just rushed this morning. Man at the front wanted 5 seats for the evening show. He switched on and off with his son, and at 9:40pm his daughter came and joined them. Total BS."

Why would you, or for that matter, anyone behind you even allow this to happen?

mwcat
#27Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/3/18 at 12:39pm

Has anybody rushed the past few days? After the new year? I have some friends visiting and I want to take them to this show but it’s gonna be a steamy 12 degrees so I’m curious what time would be good for rushing on Saturday.

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#28Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/9/18 at 4:30pm

Anyone know how rush has been recently? Looking to go tomorrow.

goose29
#29Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/9/18 at 4:31pm

Has anyone gone on a Sunday before? I'm looking to get rush tickets for my parents, but the only day they can go would be a Sunday. How early would people recommend getting there? I can only do rush, not standing room (they're not able to stand for that long). 

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#30Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/9/18 at 7:58pm

I know the last few posts have been the same question, but has anyone rushed recently? I'm in town for the week and would LOVE to see CFA!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

chuckydisc
#31Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/10/18 at 11:06pm

goose29 said: "Has anyone gone on a Sunday before? I'm looking to get rush tickets for my parents, but the only day they can go would be a Sunday. How early would people recommend getting there? I can only do rush, not standing room (they're not able to stand for that long)."

Do they have only one exact Sunday to attend or are they free most Sundays?

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#32Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/11/18 at 10:24pm

Bump. anyone gone post-new years? 

Chuckieroy
#33Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/13/18 at 7:03am

Got here at 7 this morning and was 11th in line. ??

chuckydisc
#34Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:12pm

Chuckieroy said: "Got here at 7 this morning and was 11th in line. ??"

Did you end up with seats or SRO?

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#35Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/13/18 at 10:50pm

Whats a safe time for tomorrow sunday? Over the summer I got there around 830 and was totally fine, wondering if I can manage to get down there a little later this time...Dont care if its standing!

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#36Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/14/18 at 3:44am

ethan231h said: "Whats a safe time for tomorrow sunday? Over the summer I got there around 830 and was totally fine, wondering if I can manage to get down there a little later this time...Dont care if its standing!"

Last sunday i got to the theatre around 10:50 and wasnt able to get any tickets due to the amount of people ahead of me. Hoping it works out better for you though!

chuckydisc
#37Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/15/18 at 8:25pm

Alex M said: "ethan231h said: "Whats a safe time for tomorrow sunday? Over the summer I got there around 830 and was totally fine, wondering if I can manage to get down there a little later this time...Dont care if its standing!"

Last sunday i got to the theatre around 10:50 and wasnt able to get any tickets due to the amount of people ahead of me. Hoping it works out better for you though!
"

What was your thought process that got you to the theatre at such a late hour as 10:50AM is?

Kerber214
#38Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/18/18 at 2:05pm

How is rush on a Friday morning? I'd love to get two tickets for the show tomorrow night.

Thanks!

BroadwayAndSports
#39Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/18/18 at 3:03pm

Thinking about going on a Saturday, anyone experience this recently? What time would be good?

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#40Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/18/18 at 11:27pm

chuckydisc said: "Alex M said: "ethan231h said: "Whats a safe time for tomorrow sunday? Over the summer I got there around 830 and was totally fine, wondering if I can manage to get down there a little later this time...Dont care if its standing!"

"

What was your thought process that got you to the theatre at such a late hour as 10:50AM is?"

Box office opened at 12 and last time i rushed in spring people started arriving around 9 for a 10 am opening. It was also rather cold so I wasnt expecting so many people tbh...my mistake haha.

chuckydisc
#41Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/19/18 at 12:44pm

Alex M said: "chuckydisc said: "Alex M said: "ethan231h said: "Whats a safe time for tomorrow sunday? Over the summer I got there around 830 and was totally fine, wondering if I can manage to get down there a little later this time...Dont care if its standing!"

"

What was your thought process that got you to the theatre at such a late hour as 10:50AM is?"

Box office opened at 12 and last time i rushed in spring people started arriving around 9 for a 10 am opening. It was also rather cold so I wasnt expecting so many people tbh...my mistake haha.
"

What does Spring have to do with now?

michaelhale
#42Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/19/18 at 2:28pm

I rushed today, arrived at 8:30 to be 11th in line, got 2 standing room (which we wanted). 12th in line was the last to get any tickets, they arrived shortly after we did.

chuckydisc
#43Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/19/18 at 11:32pm

michaelhale said: "I rushed today, arrived at 8:30 to be 11th in line, got 2 standing room (which we wanted). 12th in line was the last to get any tickets, they arrived shortly after we did."

Do you know when the first handful of people, those who got seats, arrived this morning?

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#44Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/20/18 at 8:04am

Sorry if this has been asked, but how long is Colella in the show for? We are doing a Broadway binge late March and I’m seeing this show if it’s the last thing I do!

michaelhale
#45Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/20/18 at 9:16am

chuckydisc said: "michaelhale said: "I rushed today, arrived at 8:30 to be 11th in line, got 2 standing room (which we wanted). 12th in line was the last to get any tickets, they arrived shortly after we did."

Do you know when the first handful of people, those who got seats, arrived this morning?

"

No idea. They were selling seats and standing together, though, and so it wasn't just the first people that got seats, because some wanted standing for the better view (and it is a great view).

goose29
#46Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/23/18 at 9:15am

promisespromises2 said: "Sorry if this has been asked, but how long is Colella in the show for? We are doing a Broadway binge late March and I’m seeing this show if it’s the last thing I do!"

I haven't heard that any of the cast has plans to leave - though someone else please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Updated On: 1/23/18 at 09:15 AM

gcpcs
#47Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/23/18 at 11:59am

michaelhale said: "I rushed today, arrived at 8:30 to be 11th in line, got 2 standing room (which we wanted). 12th in line was the last to get any tickets, they arrived shortly after we did."

whoa. how come only 12 people got seats counting SRO AND actual seats? 

both times i tried SRO tickets, they sold about 10-15 rush tickets and about 30 SROs (15 for each performance). 

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#48Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/23/18 at 3:09pm

chuckydisc said: "Alex M said: "chuckydisc said: "Alex M said: "ethan231h said: "Whats a safe time for tomorrow sunday? Over the summer I got there around 830 and was totally fine, wondering if I can manage to get down there a little later this time...Dont care if its standing!"

"

"

What does Spring have to do with now?
"

I'm confused by what you are asking. All I said was that I didn't expect so many people.

michaelhale
#49Come From Away rush
Posted: 1/23/18 at 3:36pm

gcpcs said: "michaelhale said: "I rushed today, arrived at 8:30 to be 11th in line, got 2 standing room (which we wanted). 12th in line was the last to get any tickets, they arrived shortly after we did."

whoa. how come only 12 people got seats counting SRO AND actual seats?

both times i tried SRO tickets, they sold about 10-15 rush tickets and about 30 SROs (15 for each performance).
"

Everyone got two tickets and it was a friday, so only one performance. It was probably 10 rush (5 people) and 14 standing (7 people), so 12 people all together buying 24 tickets.