pixeltracker

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews- Page 10

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews

ebizzle
#225ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 2/21/18 at 7:30am

There are several $59 tickets on TodayTix if anyone’s interested. It’s about that price for the lotto loser but plus fees.

Exitstageleft
#226ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 2/21/18 at 8:11am

Sorry if this had already been asked, but does Norm do every show?

Brad4815
#227ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 2/21/18 at 11:25am

Apologies if this has been discussed, but does anyone know what the cast schedule for this is like? Is anyone out for Saturday/Sunday matinees?

Rakstovall
#228ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 2/21/18 at 11:34am

Brad4815 said: "Apologies if this has been discussed, but does anyone know what the cast schedule for this is like? Is anyone out for Saturday/Sunday matinees?"

No idea if this is typical of the show's schedule, but I saw a Saturday matinee in January and everyone was in except for the lead, Hailey Kilgore. We saw the understudy, Loren Lott, as Ti Moune. But Norm Lewis, Lea Salonga, etc. were all in for that performance.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#229ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 2/21/18 at 12:04pm

One of the ensemble was out when i saw it, but all the main leads were in. There's a callboard in the lobby that will you tell if you're really wanting to know before you get tickets. 

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#230ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 2/22/18 at 12:16am

Norm is playing Agwe until the original guy comes back.  Yes, every show.  

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#231ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 2/22/18 at 1:15am

I was "Back on The Island" this afternoon and the show just keeps amazing me. I grabbed a ticket at TKTS last minute to see Darlesia Cearcy as Erzulie. I do love Ms. Salonga, but wanted to see Ms. Cearcy's interpretation, after seeing her in Ragtime and The Color Purple. She killed it! I cannot rave about her performance enough. She made it her own, never once copying Lea, which I loved and admired. She looked absolutely gorgeous and completely belted anything that was nailed down. Her battle with Papa Ge at the end of "Forever Yours (reprise)" was just near perfection. She just seemed to be having the time of her life up there! Norm Lewis is truly reinventing the song "Rain!" New riffs that are fitting in perfectly and just heaven to ears. Tamyra Gray's Papa Ge is getting so physical like a snake. She makes these demonic body movements that work so well, besides her voice being a powerhouse. She truly is an amazing performer! Forgot how much I enjoyed seeing and hearing her. The rest of the cast is in amazing shape, Alex Newell changed up the ending of "Mama Will Provide" and grabbed Hailey to hug her and her facial expression was perfection. Cannot wait to see it again! 

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#232ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 3/1/18 at 5:35am

I just love this show so much.  I just have fun with it, like all the actors and musicians are doing.  They are clearly have an amazing time the entire time, so I just say sit back, relax and have a wonderful time with the actors and crew.  They are all working so hard to make everything beautiful and it really shows.  The cast recording is stunning, grab it on your way out!  

grocker
#233ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 3/29/18 at 1:39am

Has anyone watched Once on This Island lately? I plan on watching it on Sunday night, but am a little worried that Lea Salonga may not perform the day I go since it coincides with Easter Sunday and her mention of friends coming over from Manila in a recent article she tweeted: https://twitter.com/MsLeaSalonga/status/979031372386963456

Does she and the other cast members do stage door after the show?

Also, which section of the theatre is a good place to sit?

Apologies if these questions have been asked before, I didn't want to scroll through the thread to avoid show spoilers.

frapp2latte2
#234ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 3/29/18 at 3:59am

Hi, might watch this in a week or two. Sorry if this sounds stupid but when do you usually find out if a certain cast member will be performing on a certain date? Do you only find out by checking out the board outside the venue on the day itself? Or do they usually post an announcement somewhere if an understudy will be taking on the role?

taylortrensch Profile Photo
taylortrensch
#235ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 3/29/18 at 5:36am

frapp2latte2 said: "Hi, might watch this in a week or two. Sorry if this sounds stupid but when do you usually find out if a certain cast member will be performing on a certain date? Do you only find out by checking out the board outside the venue on the day itself? Or do they usually post an announcement somewhere if an understudy will be taking on the role?"

Yes, you'll only find out by checking the cast board the day of the show unless someone has announced that they're going on vacation. Sometimes you won't find out until 30 mins to an hour before curtain. 

don't message me thinking im taylor trensch?? what would he be doing on bww?? you can't possibly be that dumb bye

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#236ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 3/29/18 at 9:50am

frapp2latte2 said: "Hi, might watch this in a week or two. Sorry if this sounds stupid but when do you usually find out if a certain cast member will be performing on a certain date? Do you only find out by checking out the board outside the venue on the day itself? Or do they usually post an announcement somewhere if an understudy will be taking on the role?"

Understudy boards are posted 90 minutes prior to certain. But if there is someone specific you want to see check out their Twitter, Instagram or Facebook pages. A lot of performers post when they will be out. I know Lea Salonga has posted on twitter when she will be out or is she is sick in the morning. 

I went to yesterday's show and it was the Full Company. 

Good Luck

frapp2latte2
#237ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 3/29/18 at 11:26am

Thanks! Hoping to see the full company when I go. *crossing my fingers*

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#238ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 4/2/18 at 9:20pm

I know I'm late to this party. We finally saw this gorgeous production Easter Sunday from row AA 210/211 , and I'm not ashamed to say the tears formed halfway through the first number and were streaming down my face nearly the entire 100 minutes of the show. I've never been so happy to pour sand out of my sneakers at the end of the day.

What an absolutely brilliantly conceived production! Every set piece and costume choice fits tightly into the concept. It's all the tiny details like the framed memorials wrapped around that downed telephone pole or the way the center floor transforms from beach to palace bedroom to palace patio that made me tear up. It's the infinite small wardrobe steps that take the gods from casual observers/ support staff in a modern natural disaster up to the magnificent gods they become and then back again to modern observers. The use of the dolls, the scattering of sand by Erzulie that matches the sprinkles of magic dust from on high-- it all just locks together in a resonant whole. 

Those voices in amazing harmony! Those bodies in glorious motion! Hailey Kilgore was a crazy vibrant Ti Moune with an electric voice -- she was the very soul of the piece; Phillip Boykin and Kenita Miller singing together made you never want Julian and Euralie to be offstage.  Isaac Powell as Daniel seemed practically a teenager himself (and a gorgeous one at that), which actually made the cruelties he will inflict on Ti Moune a little more forgivable-- he was too young to realize what power he had. His delivery of "Some Girls" was simple and lovely. The gods were thrilling. Darlesia Cearcy was on for Erzulie-- lovely voice but didn't make the part a starring role.) Only Alex Newell seemed to be having an off-day as Asaka-- his "Mama Will Provide" didn't end with those amazing high notes I've heard him deliver in his tv appearances.

I'm a huge fan of the MY FAIR LADY revival 14 blocks up Broadway. But I've gotta say this revival of ONCE ON THIS ISLAND reached down to my toes and up to the back of my neck. The tears really surprised me. Nothing has affected me so viscerally since The Bridges of Madison County. The Tony for best revival belongs here at Circle in the Square. 

Updated On: 4/2/18 at 09:20 PM

broadwayboy223
#239ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 5/2/18 at 6:11pm

I can't seem to find it now, but I recall seeing a post on here that said Alysha had been swung out to watch Ti Moune and she was going to have a put in. Will she ever get to go on? 

hamiltonstradition
#240ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 5/2/18 at 7:12pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiQGhAFHq87/?taken-by=lorensharice

Loren Lotts leaves on June 3rd, she got her first principal contract!

AntV
#241ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 5/4/18 at 2:54am

Is Merle Dandridge returning this month for the Tony voters?

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#242ONCE ON THIS ISLAND (2017) Previews
Posted: 5/4/18 at 3:23am

AntV said: "Is Merle Dandridge returning this month for the Tony voters?"

Why would she? She's not nominated. 

Videos