pixeltracker

Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)

Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)

cjmclaughlin10
#1Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 9:26am

Well, the night is finally here!!! I for one, could not be more excited.
Dose anyone know if they typically sell Window Cards at these events and how much they cost (signed or unsigned)?

MoveOnGypsy Profile Photo
MoveOnGypsy
#2Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 9:29am

Actor's Fund performances like this do not have any merchandise. I've gone to many reunions over the years and have never seen anything. 

rg7759
#3Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 10:40am

Looking for a ticket

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#4Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 10:59am

I’ll be there tonight! I’m beyond excited.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

cjmclaughlin10
#5Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 10:59am

MoveOnGypsy said: "Actor's Fund performances like this do not have any merchandise. I've gone to many reunions over the years and have never seen anything."

Damn!  Saw a poster for The Last Five Years benefit concert (granted, not for The Actirs Fund) and got my hopes up for finding one tonight 

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#6Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 11:36am

You can stop by Triton Gallery.  I think they're open Mondays and buy a poster from the original show beforehand if you want to try and get that signed.  

cjmclaughlin10
#7Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 11:41am

Just_John said: "You can stop by Triton Gallery. I think they're open Mondays and buy a poster from the original show beforehand if you want to try and get that signed."

That is such a great idea!  It dosent have to be signed tonight 

I'm assuming there isn't stsgedooring after an event like this...

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#8Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 12:17pm

I'm going tonight! The little videos on Instagram have gotten me SOOOOO excited!!! Does anyone know where the Minskoff Stagedoor is? I was thinking of stagedooring after.

lesmizsaigon Profile Photo
lesmizsaigon
#9Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 12:23pm

If anyone is selling an extra ticket please let me know!

smidge
#10Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 12:53pm

wish i were here2 said: "I'm going tonight! The little videos on Instagram have gotten me SOOOOOexcited!!! Does anyone know where the Minskoff Stagedoor is? I was thinking of stagedooring after."

Take a left as you exit the lobby onto the plaza/alley way and the door should be marked. Bringing my old Millie playbill just in case. But I’m also unsure if they’ll sign.

andPeggy3
#11Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 1:04pm

I have one spare ticket if anyone is looking. PM me.

broadwaygirl89
#12Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 2:34pm

andPeggy3 said: "I have one spare ticket if anyone is looking. PM me. "

Messaged you!

Hank
#13Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 3:05pm

I'm beyond exited too.  I'm wearing my Millie t-shirt right now, and I have just about all the merchandise as well, much of it signed, including a Tesori and Scanlan signed Playbill from the final performance.  I guess that makes me a true fan, can't wait.

Bwayfan12092
#14Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 4:10pm

Updated On: 2/14/18 at 04:10 PM

smidge
#15Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 5:31pm

How do you think they’ll be with late arrivals. I’m on a bus to NYC now and it was delayed a couple of hours due to a breakdown

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#16Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 10:42pm

Will post more later on, but above all else, Sutton’s “Gimme Gimme” blew the roof of the Minskoff tonight.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#17Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 10:49pm

This was one for the books. Just joy.

Danielle49
#18Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 11:05pm

Beautiful evening. ELECTRIC crowd. Standing ovations for Sutton Foster's entrance, "Forget About the Boy," and "Gimme Gimme." Sutton Foster is just so mindblowingly good. "Gimme Gimme" - I've never seen an audience on their feet faster. Gavin Creel is such a brilliant performer, and completely did not expect the amount of applause he got for "What Do I Need with Love." Maybe the longest applause of the night since Sutton exited pretty quickly after "Gimme Gimme." Marc Kudisch was HILARIOUS. Impeccable timing. Overall, everyone both onstage and off was thrilled to be there. The dancers, the actors - they gave everything. So happy I was there.

There were cheers in the orchestra before the show, so I assume there were big names in attendance? I was in the mezzanine and spotted Charlie Stemp up there.

(Side note: yikes, I did not realize how much of this show doesn't hold up over 15 years. We won't be seeing a revival any time soon, but tonight was unimaginably lovely.)

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#19Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 11:34pm

Yeah, great score (Tesori is a gem) but yeah... gotta ditch that Asian subplot...

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#20Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 11:39pm

Yeah, racial stereotypes, sex trafficking, and sexual harassment don’t play well in 2018. The show is too long and really drags at times.

That being said, tonight was incredibly special. How is it that Sutton and Gavin sound BETTER than they did 16 years ago?

Sutton Foster is a truly special gem. I have nothing but love for her.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#21Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/12/18 at 11:45pm

Such an amazing night at the theatre! This was a real gem! Sutton blew the roof and the socks off everyone! The energy in the audience was palpable. Truly a night I will never forget!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#22Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/13/18 at 12:10am

WOW. What an evening. I’m just now getting back to my hotel. For those who care, a few cast members came out to sign. Sheryl Lee Ralph could not have been sweeter. She signed and talked to everyone out there.

I was not prepared for this to be as full of a production as it was. Every production number was staged with the exception of The Nuttycracker Suite. I never thought I’d get to see Sutton in this role, so to say I’m still processing it is an understatement. Tonight’s audience was also a perfect mix of enthusiastic yet engaged correctly. They cheered, but also knew not to shout over music we all wanted to hear.

Sutton was on fire. You could tell she was having the best time. I was impressed by the amount of physical comedy she was able to work in even with the binder. Full standing ovations when she came out, and following Forget About the Boy & Gimme Gimme. You completely see how everything that happened in her career stemmed from this performance. It’s still star-making. 

Yes the Asian plot is problematic, but damn if Harriet Harris didn’t command that stage tonight. Gavin sounded terrific and was having a blast. Marc Kudish was completely off-book and incredible. Sheryl Lee Ralph was everything you wanted her to be. Megan McGinnis was a welcome addition.

It was also delightful to see Kate Baldwin in the chorus of Forget About the Boy.

I was wildly impressed with the entire evening. I’ve also never been in the Minskoff, which is a beautiful theatre. A magical evening!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards
Updated On: 2/13/18 at 12:10 AM

BroadwayConcierge
#23Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/13/18 at 12:25am

I can't add much more than reiterate how joyful tonight was. They really went all out on this one, and the enthusiasm was palpable.

Sutton Foster was brilliant from start to finish, but her "Gimme Gimme" tonight will stay with me forever. One of very few times I've seen an audience literally leap to its feet. Just wonderful.  

Gavin Creel, as always, was sensational. His voice is like butter. Harriet Harris, while in a clearly dated role, produced unbelievable laughter tonight. Mark Kudisch and Sheryl Lee Ralph were fantastic as well.  

It filled my heart that Kate Baldwin got her own applause twice tonight when she stepped forward to deliver brief lines. 

A glorious evening.  

smidge
#24Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/13/18 at 1:17am

Missed the first couple of scenes but was so glad I finally made it to the theatre. What a wonderful evening. Fun to see Gavin, Sutton and Marc try to hold it together before the Mrs. Meers entrapment scene. These reunion concerts are such a treat. Looking forward to Ragtime!

BroadwayConcierge
#25Millie Reunion Concert (reactions)
Posted: 2/13/18 at 1:19am

smidge, when I saw the ushers letting a few latecomers in, I was thinking about you and hoping that you made it! Glad to read that you did!