pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 3

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#50HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 11:22am

Well, guess it's not so bad that I missed out buying tickets for what was supposed to be Bette's farewell performance in January. Maybe I can get one more chance to see Bette. 

Updated On: 4/20/18 at 11:22 AM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#51HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 11:29am

Stage Door Sally said: "Well, guess it's not so bad thatI missed out buying tickets for what was supposed to be Bette's farewell performance a whileback. Maybe I can get one more chance to seeBette."

I want to buy tickets for her last performance of the return.  But won’t they f me up again?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

sassylash3s
#52HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 11:46am

I wonder what kind of schedule Bette will be on for these six weeks.  Her return date is a Tuesday and the closing date is a Saturday, rather than the more conventional Sunday.  I would be over the moon if they brought Donna Murphy back too (she was my favorite of the three) but I doubt it would be worth it to bring her back for just six performances.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#53HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 11:48am

I actually had heard that the show made much less money than expected. I don't know where the funds went as the show was raking in over 2 mil a week when Bette was there but it wasn't the financial windfall its investors were expecting. It might have recouped but I think investors were expecting way way more than what actually happened. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#54HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 12:04pm

Wonder if they'd put Betty Buckley in for a few Tuesday nights if Bette is still going to do just 7 shows?

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#55HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 12:21pm

If her first show is a Tuesday and last is a Saturday, then they probably are going back to the same 7-show week schedule as they had before Donna Murphy joined. They’ll have Sundays and Mondays off.

ActorGuyIL
#56HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 12:21pm

I assume the same producers of the Broadway run also back the tour, would that be right?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#57HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 12:43pm

How confident are we that August 25 will indeed be the final day, actual closing performance? I’m going to aim for a ticket for that night, but will be so disappointed if they pull another Actor’s Fund situation and extend another week or something.  

Papi2013
#58HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 12:44pm

poisonivy2 said: "I actually had heard that the show made much less money than expected. I don't know where the funds went as the show was raking in over 2 mil a week when Bette was there but it wasn't the financial windfall its investors were expecting. It might have recouped but I think investors were expecting way way more than what actually happened.

"

Stop making stuff up.  

Papi2013
#59HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 12:45pm

ActorGuyIL said: "I assume the same producers of the Broadway run also back the tour, would that be right?"

Yes.  And the sets and costumes will be repurposed for the tour.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#60HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 12:53pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "How confident are we that August 25 will indeed be the final day, actual closing performance? I’m going to aim for a ticket for that night, but will be so disappointed if they pull another Actor’s Fund situation and extend another week or something."

I already asked the guy who handled tickets for the Actors Fund benefit and he said there is no benefit this time.

Dollypop
#61HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:12pm

There's a cold cup of coffee sitting on my kitchen table. I had started drinking it this morning when I learned that DOLLY was closing.

The fact that it remains there and I haven't been able to touch any food indicates my mood right now.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#62HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:14pm

Been thinking about you today, Dollypop heart

Updated On: 4/20/18 at 01:14 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#63HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:18pm

I can't believe they wouldn't extend till Labor Day. It's a very Rudin thing to do.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#64HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:20pm

Been thinking about this.

1.) The # of shows a week she's doing.
2.) It seems logical to have Buckley be her alternate.
3.) Who's going to play Horace? DHP? Garber? Someone else?
4.) How much was Midler making a week if they're barely turning a profit?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#65HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:21pm

Do we know for sure the tour will be sent out on a production contract? I’m quite worried this will be on a seta contract/through networks.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#66HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:22pm

ACL2006 said: "3.) Who's going to play Horace? DHP? Garber? Someone else?

The articles say DHP.

David Hyde Pierce added, "Bette Midler is a crazy woman and I can't wait to get back on stage with her."

Updated On: 4/20/18 at 01:22 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#67HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:23pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I’m quite worried this will be on a seta contract/through networks."

Take a Xanax, lie down, and breathe into a paper bag until you calm down?

ActorGuyIL
#68HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:24pm

ACL2006 said: "Been thinking about this.
"

Wasn't it stated early on that she was getting $150,000 per week?

Dollypop
#69HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:25pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Been thinking about you today, Dollypopheart"

Thanks. I'm a wreck.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#70HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:26pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Do we know for sure the tour will be sent out on a production contract? I’m quite worried this will be on a seta contract/through networks."

All casting notices said it’s a production contract.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#71HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:34pm

Did the Cast have a meeting that it was gonna close? It kinda seems like they found out around the time we did.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#72HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:40pm

ActorGuyIL said: "ACL2006 said: "Been thinking about this.
"

"

Who said they were barely making a profit?   If you are referring to Poison Ivy's previous post I assure you she knows nothing .  She is just pulling things out of thin air.   

@Dollypop;  I have been thinking of you since I heard about this last night.  Just know that Dolly will never, ever, really go away again. 

Updated On: 4/20/18 at 01:40 PM

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#73HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:43pm

SmokeyLady said: "ActorGuyIL said: "ACL2006 said: "Been thinking about this.
"

"

Who said they were barely making a profit? If you are referring to Poison Ivy's previous post I assure you she knows nothing . She is just pulling things out of thin air.

@Dollypop; I have been thinking of you since I heard about this last night. Just know that Dolly will never, ever, really go away again.

"

Uh, don;t you read datalounge? 

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#74HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 4/20/18 at 1:45pm

poisonivy2 said: "SmokeyLady said: "ActorGuyIL said: "ACL2006 said: "Been thinking about this.
"

"

Who said they were barely making a profit? If you are referring to Poison Ivy's previous post I assure you she knows nothing . She is just pulling things out of thin air.

@Dollypop; I have been thinking of you since I heard about this last night. Just know that Dolly will never, ever, really go away again.

"

Uh, don;t you read data lounge?"

Sweetheart.. your getting your crap from data lounge?  No wonder.