pixeltracker

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?- Page 10

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?

natashalost
#225Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 3:33pm

theaterlyfe19 said: "andrewftw said: “But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

Completely agree. 

MannPhan24601
#226Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 3:38pm

I noticed Meghan Linsey has a few concerts over the next few weeks but nothing past the 22nd. Maybe her finally coming in mid January ? She was supposed to replace Jessie but then got her spider bite.. 

Updated On: 12/6/18 at 03:38 PM

MannPhan24601
#227Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 3:40pm

Delete

Updated On: 12/6/18 at 03:40 PM

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#228Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 3:40pm

theaterlyfe19 said: "But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

I hate this argument so much because it's flawed in so many ways.  Like many things in our culture now, we over generalize EVERYTHING.  If someone wants a show to close, they're wishing people were unemployed?

No.  If someone wishes a show to close, they wish the show to close.  There aren't an unlimited amount of Broadway theatres.  One could argue that a show staying open that has clearly run its course is taking the opportunity from a new fresh production to try it's luck.  

Waitress has run its course with audiences and artistically.  It's time to close your musical when your musical is bringing in Al Roker and can't find people to commit to playing leads without said people backing out at the last second.

Broadway World's Fireman.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#229Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 4:02pm

Sondheimite said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

I hate this argument so much because it's flawed in so many ways. Like many things in our culture now, we over generalizeEVERYTHING. If someone wants a show to close, they're wishing people were unemployed?

No. If someone wishes a show to close, they wish the show to close. There aren't an unlimited amount of Broadway theatres. One could argue that a show staying open that has clearly run its course is taking the opportunity from a new fresh production to try it's luck.

Waitress has run its course with audiences and artistically. It's time to close your musical when your musical is bringing in Al Roker and can't find people to commit to playing leads without said people backing out at the last second.

"

Totally agree. Also you can spin it the other way, where Waitress staying open is keeping another set of actors unemployed...

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#230Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:02pm

With Colton Ryan being announced for Alice by Heart I’m thinking Caitlin might be returning to Waitress. It seems Girl From the North Country is not moving to broadway.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Catsbroadwayfan
#231Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:11pm

It’s gonna be Caitlin and Chris. They were pretty good friends when they were in the cast together.

That will create a small hype and they can have more time to find a Jenna

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#232Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:12pm

Catsbroadwayfan said: "It’s gonna be Caitlin and Chris. They were pretty good friends when they were in the cast together.

That will create a small hype and they can have more time to find a Jenna
"

Will it really cause any hype? Christopher has spent more time in Waitress than he has out. 

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#233Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:20pm

Their most recent post makes it sound as though Fitzgerald was not part of the “BFFs”. It says that it’ll be announced tomorrow. Could it be Sara and Jason returning?

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

MannPhan24601
#234Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:32pm

Breakfast so maybe people from The Breakfast club ??

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#235Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:36pm

Again mannphan, overthinking it

starcatchers
#236Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 5:37pm

MannPhan24601 said: "Breakfast so maybe people from The Breakfast club ??"

That...seems a stretch.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#237Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 6:51pm

Alright so, Lenne has confirmed she isn’t leaving.

Chris is one of the best friends, so im gonna assume the other announcement is mabye Earl? The actors playing Earl and Ogie share a dressing room?

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#238Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 6:57pm

Sorry to double post, but it does not look like Chris is apart of the “pair of bffs” since they announced him on their twitter then the bff post.

It’s not a new jenna, since someone commented “perfect now have stephanie torns be lead jenna!”

And chris commented “Yes!” So I don’t see why he would say yes if a new jenna is coming in.

And Leanne is not leaving.

So that leaves, Earl, Joise/Joe, Becky, Cal, and Dr. P left.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#239Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 7:07pm

Only one duo can save this show.

Only one duo is actual best friends.

Only one duo just finished all their concerts.

Only one duo is available.

Ladies and gentlemen, your next Dr. Potomer and Jenna are...

Darren criss and Lea michelle.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#240Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 7:09pm

Heard from a reliable source that Oak is the next Jenna.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#241Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 7:11pm

Updated On: 12/6/18 at 07:11 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#242Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 7:19pm

Bwayfan292 said: "
It’s not a new jenna, since someone commented “perfect now have stephanie torns be lead jenna!”

And chris commented “Yes!” So I don’t see why he would say yes if a new jenna is coming in.

"

If it’s a big star coming in for Jenna then they’re most likely not starting this next week or else it would’ve been announced. I think it’s been pretty obvious that Stephanie will be doing at least a week or so of shows before the next Jenna. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#243Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 7:37pm

well, we will know by Dec. 11 hopefully.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

KathyNYC2
#244Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 8:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Sondheimite said: "theaterlyfe19 said: "But I would never wish a closing on a show. There have been shows i don't like but I never wish a closing on them. Can we stop with that? It's like wishing people into unemployment."

I hate this argument so much because it's flawed in so many ways. Like many things in our culture now, we over generalizeEVERYTHING. If someone wants a show to close, they're wishing people were unemployed?

No. If someone wishes a show to close, they wish the show to close. There aren't an unlimited amount of Broadway theatres. One could argue that a show staying open that has clearly run its course is taking the opportunity from a new fresh production to try it's luck.

Waitress has run its course with audiences and artistically. It's time to close your musical when your musical is bringing in Al Roker and can't find people to commit to playing leads without said people backing out at the last second.

"

Totally agree. Also you can spin it the other way, where Waitress staying open is keeping another set of actors unemployed...
"

I also hate this argument...so if people didn’t wish a show to close, you wouldn’t have it. No there are not unlimited broadway theaters, but quite a few will already be available at the end of the year. And It’s not like shows close and new shows jump in to the theaters immediately. Sometimes the theaters are dark for months and months and months.  Who the heck is that benefiting? There is nothing more depressing to me than an empty theater. How many people lost jobs when a theater is dark?

The show will close when it’s good and ready and saying you need to close a show when they have to resort to Al Roker disregards the fact that he actually wound up being pretty good and quite endearing in the role.

The show will close soon or it will NOT close soon...hopefully having nothing to do with people wishing. When they find something they think will be more profitable, it will probably close. In the meantime..it’s open.  I’m all for letting them enjoy the time they have. 

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#245Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 8:50pm

KathyNYC2 said: "There is nothing more depressing to me than an empty theater."

Broadway World's Fireman.

starcatchers
#246Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/6/18 at 11:03pm

_(•_&bullUpcoming Waitress cast replacements?_/ said: "Only one duo can save this show.

"

Well, that sounds like an awful idea. 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#247Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/7/18 at 12:33am

_(•_&bullUpcoming Waitress cast replacements?_/ said: "Only one duo can save this show.

"

You're joking, right?

WestEndGal
#248Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/7/18 at 1:33am

"

Wait, I thought Jonathan Groff was Lea’s BFF, lol! Ooooh I’d be down for Groff as Dr P!

I’d be interested to see Lea as Jenna actually. She’s got the chops for sure but I wonder if she has the sweetness you need for Jenna. Either of those pairings would be a box office dream for the show tho, which I guess is why they need now. 

bway_engineer
#249Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 12/7/18 at 10:22am

Anyone have any idea as to when they’ll release? I know it’s supposed to be today based on the teaser pic (of eggs and bacon?) on the instagram.

Videos