pixeltracker

Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?

Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?

Musicalslover
GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#2Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 7:23pm

Probably not, but I would be happy if it did.

Updated On: 4/29/18 at 07:23 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#3Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 7:25pm

How crazy, was just about to start a thread asking this. I sadly did not get to see this, but after hearing raves of Billie Piper’s performance, I’m dying to see it. Hopefully there’s a transfer, but I’m guessing there won’t be.

Impossible2
#4Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 7:26pm

I don't know if it would do a long run, I am pretty sure all of it's London runs were quite short but it came back a few times. 

It can't be healthy doing that to yourself every night.

It was impossible to get tickets to any of it's London runs so I really glad I got to see it in New York.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#5Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 7:27pm

I sure hope it does, even for a limited run.

Impossible2
#6Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 7:30pm

LesWickedly said: "How crazy, was just about to start a thread asking this. I sadly did not get to see this, but after hearing raves of Billie Piper’s performance, I’m dying to see it. Hopefully there’s a transfer, but I’m guessing there won’t be."

The NTLive film is 'out there' but unfortunately whoever got it thought it'd be a great idea to crop it to get rid of the Coming Soon scrolls so half their heads are missing in most of the close-ups.

MrPeach
#7Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 8:02pm

I wonder whose schedule prevented it from extending its Off-B’way run. The posts and reviews from this message board alone made me hope to get to see it. It’s not often we see an Off-B’way production, and especially performance, excite the masses.

Impossible2
#8Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 8:09pm

MrPeach said: "I wonder whose schedule prevented it from extending its Off-B’way run. The posts and reviews from this message board alone made me hope to get to see it. It’s not often we see an Off-B’way production, and especially performance, excite the masses."

Maybe to prevent the 2 leads from having nervous breakdowns?

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#9Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 8:36pm

The production at Park Avenue Armory was the most thrilling experience for me as a theatregoer. I was absolutely gobsmacked as I exited the venue. It was such a perfect production, that I hope it doesn’t transfer to Broadway. Some aspects of the production design would need to be reworked for a traditional NY theatre, I believe. If they make it happen, I would go in a heartbeat as I would jump at the chance to see Billie Piper’s performance one more time.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#10Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 10:53pm

It really was one of the best things I've ever seen. The Armory really was the best venue for it. I cannot say any more positive things about this production.

Updated On: 4/29/18 at 10:53 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#11Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 4/29/18 at 11:29pm

east side story said: "The production at Park Avenue Armory was the most thrilling experience for me as a theatregoer. I was absolutely gobsmacked as I exited the venue. It was such a perfect production, that I hope it doesn’t transfer to Broadway. Some aspects of the production design would need to be reworked for a traditional NY theatre, I believe. If they make it happen, I would go in a heartbeat as I would jump at the chance to see Billie Piper’s performance one more time."

Word.

And what Scotty said too.

Updated On: 4/29/18 at 11:29 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#12Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 12:36am

I finally saw this and it was just as incredible as everyone said it was. I'm just blown away. Incredible performances all around. There's no way they'd bring this to Broadway. Did she do 2 show days in London or here? I can't imagine doing that to yourself twice in one day. She was just flat-out incredible. And to think I use to jam out to her pop music back in the 90s. 

I just read an entire article on the staging. Apparently there 2 stages. One that slides in and out and one that is a hydraulic, which is how they could change the sets so fast. I don't know any theater on Broadway that could handle that - Circle in the Square would work, but, I mean, it would just never fly. I'm glad they brought it to NYC in some capacity though. 

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#13Will Yerma go to Broadway after off Broadway?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 1:59am

NTLive film of Yerma is being shown in August 2018.

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/ntlout22-yerma