Demi Lovato Wicked

Shh_413
#25Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 12:57pm

bdn223 said: "If they are going with a Popstar for Elphaba, I’d hopentheyd go with an actress for Galinda, especially since Galinda grows a lot more throughout the course of the show. I honestly think Saoirse Ronan, might make a great Galinda. She would also be a great compliment to Demi."

Saoirse Ronan can definitely act the part and she certainly looks at least the right age range for the character. Hell, she might get nominated for an Oscar for it. However, I'm not sure she can sing the part since Galinda songs are frickin' high/hard. Plus, I don't think she'll have the confidence to actually chase the part in a well-beloved musical enough to actually audition for it.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#26Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 12:59pm

And, if this is true (and I don't think it is), then the OP just got their friend fired and probably blacklisted in the community.  Yikes.  

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 6/7/18 at 12:59 PM

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#27Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 1:20pm

Ariana Grande cannot act.  At all.  After watching Hairspray Live, I can't imagine why anyone would ever drop her name for role in a musical again.  She couldn't even sing outside her personal pop stylings.  It was so painful to watch.  Just let her do her pop thing for her fans and leave it at that.

The more people talk about pop stars in the roles, the less interest I have in seeing a film treatment of it.  Ugh.  It's not as if any of them would really NEED to belt their face off.  It'll be recorded in a studio and they will lip-sync for the camera.

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone being more perfect for Elphaba than Anna Kendrick.  

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#28Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 1:37pm

Not to continue to rain on the parade

but how on each is Colbert going to film a feature film and still host his show?

I'm calling baloney... 

Broadway World's Fireman.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#29Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 1:39pm

Are we sure this isn't one of those false flags like when certain orgs put typos in written documents as distributed to different individuals so they can track what gets leaked?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#30Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 2:09pm

Out of all the names recommended for Elphaba here, Demi Lovato is the only one I think would have a chance of pulling it off. Personally, I want them to cast a talented unknown for Elphaba and surround her with a cast of Hollywood stars to bring in the non-Wicked fans, because I really can't think of any mainstream pop stars or actresses who have both the acting chops and the vocal ability needed to make the magic happen for this part. (Especially not Anna Kendrick. Keep her nasally vocals far away from this movie, please.)

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#31Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 4:16pm

bdn223 said: "Despite this probably not being true, I think Demi is one of the few millenial performers with not only the voice, but the vulnerability to bring Elphaba to life on the big screen. I also think her raspy voice would be very remincicent of Idina’s vocals, which might also be why Disney chose Demi to do the Pop version of Let It Go for Frozen."

I completely agree. Not only does she have the talent of acting through song, but indeed also the vulnerability that Elphaba needs. She also has the kind of confidence Elphaba has, which is very specific, almost trying to be self reassuring and urbane and humble, and in this clip posted above, she also has the witchy thing going on in the way she uses her voice at times. This video is basically the perfect audition for Elphaba.

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#32Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 4:19pm

Thinking about this at first I thought "Why on Earth would they do this?" Thinking about it now.. I am incredibly excited, and I think that Demi, with Dove Cameron as Glinda, Colbert or Corden as the Wizard, Streep as Morrible.. That would be fantastic.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#33Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 5:21pm

Elfuhbuh said: "non-Wicked fans"

What is that? Is that like a cute fan fic about Martians?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#34Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 6:06pm

Cute, but I mean getting people to see the movie who aren't familiar with the musical already. Demi Lovato Wicked

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire
Updated On: 6/7/18 at 06:06 PM

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#35Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 6:14pm

Jessetenny said: "Thinking about this at first I thought "Why on Earth would they do this?" Thinking about it now.. I am incredibly excited, and I think that Demi, with Dove Cameron as Glinda, Colbert or Corden as the Wizard, Streep as Morrible.. That would be fantastic."

Of the two, I think James Corden would be the more entertaining choice in terms of acting, but I really want to hear Colbert do "Wonderful."

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#36Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/7/18 at 10:19pm

Sure Jan, sure....

natashalost
#37Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/8/18 at 4:34pm

If I'm being honest, and I can't believe I'm actually typing this, but I wouldn't mind if they got a really good actor to play any of the parts, and then for the songs just dubbed in a singer (like Natalie Wood in West Side Story)

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#38Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/8/18 at 4:49pm

natashalost said: "If I'm being honest, and I can't believe I'm actuallytyping this, but I wouldn't mind if they got a really good actor to play any of the parts, and then for the songs just dubbed in a singer (like Natalie Wood in West Side Story)"

But there are so many performers who can do both and do them well. I want perfection dam**t

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

droosychap
#39Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:14pm

Could this mean something?

https://twitter.com/ArianaGrande/status/1006266083098021888

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#40Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:16pm

^PLEASE PLEASE NO NO

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#41Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:29pm

^There's been rumours in the last few months that Ariana is going into the Broadway company.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#42Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:33pm

Ariana has not been cast in the film. Sure maybe she'll do Broadway as a sort of audition for the film. Again and again and again - the film hasn't started casting. 

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#43Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:39pm

Tag said: "^There's been rumours in the last few months that Ariana isgoing into the Broadway company."

Is this as a special promotion for the 15th Anniversary?

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#44Demi Lovato Wicked
Posted: 6/11/18 at 4:40pm

Nevermind, Ariana got engaged.