Sheet Music Trauma

matthewjtierney
#1Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 5:11am

Hello theatre people, I am desperately trying to get sheet music to ‘Stop’ and ‘Where Do You Beling’ from Mean Girls.
Although i’m rather confidentnit hasn’t been officially released yet, if anyone has an “underground” type copy or link to one, or any information on an announced release date I would be beyond appreciative.
Thank you so much!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:44am

trau·ma

?troum?,?trôm?/

noun

1. 1.

a deeply distressing or disturbing experience.

"a personal trauma like the death of a child"

•  
  2. 2.

MEDICINE

physical injury.

synonyms:injury, damage, wound; More

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:58am

Flashback!

http://jasonrobertbrown.com/2010/06/29/fighting-with-teenagers-a-copyright-story/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

matthewjtierney
#4Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 10:06am

thank you for teaching me the word I used in a satirical way! means a lot.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 11:15am

Always glad to help.  (And you weren't being satirical, either.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 6/21/18 at 11:15 AM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#6Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:35pm

Dramamama, you should teach them "satirical" now.

matthewjtierney
#7Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 1:41pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Dramamama, you should teach them "satirical" now."

using iverdramatic vocabulary in the way I did (saying that i’m going throgh trauma for not finding sheet music) is satirical for the irony of how minuscule of a problem it is. If you didn’t have any insight on what I wrote, there was zero need for a response. There is snow need to degrade me online for this.

Acting pretentious only helps theatre enthusiast stereotypes  

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 01:41 PM

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#8Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:04pm

Who were you attempting to shame? People who actually do experience trauma? Or people who use the word lightly? Because doing the latter in the way you elected to, is pretty counterproductive in my opinion. Satire is the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, and/or ridicule, with the intent to shame, ridicule, and/or criticize. Since this thread has become a minor vocabulary lesson, I just thought I would contribute. 

Furthermore, using overdramatic vocabulary for minuscule problems (i.e. trauma, triggered, etc.) can actually be supremely disrespectful, depending on the word. But that's a topic for another day.

But to answer your question, a hard no on the underground copy thing. That is illegal, and again, supremely disrespectful to Mr. Richmond and Ms. Benjamin. And to the expected release date, there are a few songs from Mean Girls on musicnotes.com, so I would keep checking there periodically.

And in closing, keep in mind that you are posting on a forum that has multiple people who speak "smartass" quite fluently, and often respond with snark to make a point. That, in fact, can be considered a form of satire, depending on the situation. And also, when you post on a forum of any type, you won't always get the kind of response you want. It's just part of being on a message board.

I hope you're able to obtain the sheet music! And in a legal, diplomatic, and respectful manner :)

(TL; DR The information you're looking for is in the third paragraph. But you are free and encouraged to read the other paragraphs, as there is some useful general information in those as well.)

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#9Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:11pm

matthewjtierney said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Dramamama, you should teach them "satirical" now."

using iverdramatic vocabulary in the way I did (saying that i’m going throghtrauma for not finding sheetmusic) is satirical for the irony of how minuscule of a problem it is. If you didn’t have any insight on what I wrote, there was zero need for a response. There is snow need to degrade me online for this.

Acting pretentious only helpstheatre enthusiast stereotypes

If you consider respecting copyright "pretentious," then I strongly suggest you find a new hobby.

As far as finding the sheet music goes, I'm certain that there will be a legal vocal selections book, as there are for most shows. I would be highly suspicious of any copies that are "unauthorized" because it's very likely that they're amateur copies transcribed by ear, even if they pass themselves off as a "real" copy.

Finally, a word of advice: satire is an excellent device but has gotten very diluted by stan speak and by internet troll culture. I think you'll find that most people will not share your definition of satire, and if you're an aspiring performer (I'm making assumptions here, I apologize if I'm wrong), you may want to familiarize yourself with more standard definitions if you want to be respected professionally.

Good luck!

JSquared2
#10Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 3:31pm

matthewjtierney said: "Hello theatre people, I am desperately trying to get sheet music to ‘Stop’ and ‘Where Do You Beling’ from Mean Girls.
Although i’m rather confidentnit hasn’t been officially released yet, if anyone has an “underground” type copy or link to one, or any information on an announced release date I would be beyond appreciative.
Thank you so much!
"

How far "beyond appreciative" are you willing to go?  Please include photos where applicable.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#11Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 4:07pm

matthewjtierney said: "Acting pretentious only helpstheatre enthusiast stereotypes "

And acting entitled only helps millennial stereotypes.

So, I guess it's a draw...

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#12Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 5:05pm

haterobics said: "matthewjtierney said: "Acting pretentious only helpstheatre enthusiast stereotypes "

And acting entitledonly helps millennial stereotypes.

So, I guess it's a draw...
"

GET HER JADE.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#13Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/21/18 at 5:14pm

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 6/21/18 at 05:14 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#14Sheet Music Trauma
Posted: 6/22/18 at 8:03am

Sheet music trauma: both my parents were murdered by my folio of vocal selections from "The Muppet Movie," which somehow snuck into the knife drawer and armed itself while we were at Arby's one night. I know it's not Paul Williams's fault, but I haven't been able to look him in the eye ever since. Updated On: 6/22/18 at 08:03 AM

Videos