pixeltracker

Cursed Child covers/understudies - Page 5

Cursed Child covers/understudies

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#100Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/24/18 at 10:14pm

David St. Louis played his final performance tonight as Bane/One of the principle ensemble men. The cast clapped for him and gave him a lot of love at the curtain call.

James Brown had his put in today (according to Instagram) so all signs point to him taking over that track tomorrow!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#101Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/25/18 at 3:40pm

It seems like Lauren is on for Delphi today with Alanna on in Lauren's tracks.

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#102Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/27/18 at 12:45pm

sorano916 said: "It seems like Lauren is on for Delphi today with Alanna on in Lauren's tracks."

How was Lauren as Delphi???

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#103Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/27/18 at 3:21pm

atuomala said: "sorano916 said: "It seems like Lauren is on for Delphi today with Alanna on in Lauren's tracks."

How was Lauren as Delphi???
"

Lauren made a wonderful Delphi, very playful and energetic. James Brown was also quite good in his first performance as Bane.

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

Danielle0314
#104Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/29/18 at 1:16pm

Malika Samuel is on this week as Rose Granger-Weasley :)

thedrybandit
#105Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/29/18 at 1:27pm

sorano916 said: "It seems like Lauren is on for Delphi today with Alanna on in Lauren's tracks."

I was at that performance, first time seeing the show. We absolutely loved Lauren as Delphi and Alanna as Myrtle. We didn't realize Lauren was an u/s until after the show. Tons of energy, and she was really fun. Does anyone know if that was her first time on?

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#106Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/29/18 at 1:29pm

ksilver117 said: "sorano916 said: "It seems like Lauren is on for Delphi today with Alanna on in Lauren's tracks."

I was at that performance, first time seeing the show. We absolutely loved Lauren as Delphi and Alanna as Myrtle. We didn't realize Lauren was an u/s until after the show. Tons of energy, and she was really fun. Does anyone know if that was her first time on?
"

Great to hear. It was the first time for both of them. Last time Jessie was out, Maddie was on for Delphi and Malika was on for Polly.

Cv611 Profile Photo
Cv611
#107Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/2/18 at 12:34pm

Has anyone seen the Cursed Child social media post: “As the Hogwarts Express pulls into Hogsmeade and a new term begins for our young wizards and witches, set an alarm for September 6th when we’ll have some exciting news…“

There’s no way they would start a new class of cast members this soon right....I mean Sept 17 would be 6 months....but I thought everyone here thought the 7 main characters should be in until March. I’m in panic mode because I have tickets in late September....wondering everyone else’s opinion.

Or I was wondering maybe they are going to announce Something like #eduham?

Cv611 Profile Photo
Cv611
#108Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/2/18 at 12:34pm

Double post

Updated On: 9/2/18 at 12:34 PM

JennH
#109Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/2/18 at 1:25pm

That would be pretty early to announce a new principal cast as it's still 6 months out, so I seriously doubt that, but I could be wrong. They've already had a couple of new cast members come in anyway, so who knows...adding autism friendly shows in NYC possibly since they just started this in London? Literally no clue, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#110Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/2/18 at 1:47pm

Today is Brooklyn's last day.

As for the announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a new block of tickets with possibly a relaxed performance included.

I saw the show yesterday. It's still in good shape minus a technical issue with the phone booth. They gave out special September 1st when you entered the theater, which was cute. Since it was also the Actors Fund performance, there was a little intro from one of their reps and he kept pronouncing "Cursed" with two syllables. Heh.

Danielle0314
#111Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/3/18 at 12:07am

sorano916 said: "Today is Brooklyn's last day.

As for the announcement, I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a new block of tickets with possibly a relaxed performance included.

I saw the show yesterday. It's still in good shape minus a technical issue with the phone booth. They gave out special September 1st when you entered the theater, which was cute. Since it was also the Actors Fund performance, there was a little intro from one of their reps and he kept pronouncing "Cursed" with two syllables. Heh.
"

I was at the show too! Wasn't it wonderful? :)

The phone booth thing caught me off guard! I did notice they were trying to fix it during the show (I was in the second row), but by the second time they went to use it they gave up and didn't.

I'm hoping the announcement is a release of the soundtrack! Would love to get my hands on the music.

Updated On: 9/3/18 at 12:07 AM

Danielle0314
#112Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 6:41pm

Shirine Babb is on for Hermione this week. Stephen Bradbury is also on for (I'm assuming) Dumbledore.

JennH
#113Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 6:56pm

Danielle0314 said: "sorano916 said: "Today is Brooklyn's last day.

"

The phone booth thing caught me off guard! I did notice they were trying to fix it during the show (I was in the second row), but by the second time they went to use it they gave up and didn't.

I'm hoping the announcement is a release of the soundtrack! Would love to get my hands on the music.
"

I didn't even THINK about that somehow even though I've been wanting it BADLY! PLEASE YES! I know Heap herself tweeted last year saying it was coming early this year which obviously didn't happen, nor did I expect it to, but just her saying it's coming at all, makes me believe that yes, it's coming...I will buy that immediately, I don't even care, it's SO GOOD

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#114Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 8:50pm

Will Noma be out this weekend? I'm catching the show again this weekend so I'm just wondering.

Myshmoopsiepoo
#115Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 8:52pm

Danielle0314 said: "sorano916 said: "Today is Brooklyn's last day.

"

"

I don't think it's the soundtrack because then wouldn't the London Instagram account have also posted something about it?

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#116Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 8:59pm

Shirine Babb and Stephen Bradbury are still in for Hermione and Amos/Dumbledore respectively. They also did have a little technical mishap with the phone booth that carried into Wednesday’s performances. Not enough for a full stop, but it was a prolonged several seconds. Also had ‘minor’ technical issues with the fireplace (a stagehand ran out for a second and fiddled with it before scurrying back into the wings), as well as one of the dementors. No stops, but awkward pauses and clearly noticeable issues if you’ve seen the show multiple times.

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

Danielle0314
#117Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 9:36pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Will Noma be out this weekend? I'm catching the show again this weekend so I'm just wondering."

I'm not 100% positive, but I think when someone's out on Wednesday they're out for a week. I have yet to hear of someone being out for 1 pair of shows in a week, not to say emergencies don't happen of course. Just my guess.

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#118Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 9:36pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Will Noma be out this weekend? I'm catching the show again this weekend so I'm just wondering."

I am also curious.  Seeing the show for the second time on Saturday and coming from California, so would really love to see Noma!  What other covers are known for Saturday?  

Danielle0314
#119Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 9:37pm

Myshmoopsiepoo said: "I don't think it's the soundtrack because then wouldn't the London Instagram account have also posted something about it?"

Goooooood point, didn't think of that. Dang it...

Danielle0314
#120Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 9:41pm

atuomala said: "Shirine Babb and Stephen Bradbury are still in for Hermione and Amos/Dumbledore respectively. They also did have a little technical mishap with the phone booth that carried into Wednesday’s performances. Not enough for a full stop, but it was a prolonged several seconds. Also had ‘minor’ technical issues with the fireplace (a stagehand ran out for a second and fiddled with it before scurrying back into the wings), as well as one of the dementors. No stops, but awkward pauses and clearly noticeable issues if you’ve seen the show multiple times. "

Goodness! When it rains it pours, hope they can fix it all!

JennH
#121Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/5/18 at 10:31pm

Danielle0314 said: "Myshmoopsiepoo said: "Idon't think it's the soundtrack because then wouldn't the London Instagram account have also posted something about it?"

Goooooood point, didn't think of that. Dang it...
"

I kinda see the point, but why would it have to come from London's insta also? I'm sure it would have been "special announcement, come back to see!" right? That aside, the FB profile seems to work very oddly, as if the London and NY are the same profile but heaven knows I can't see the posts just from London...

Danielle0314
#122Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/6/18 at 11:18am

The news today was tickets will be released into early June 2019 :)

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#123Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/6/18 at 1:16pm

JennH said: "Danielle0314 said: "sorano916 said: "Today is Brooklyn's last day.

"

"

I didn't even THINK about that somehow even thoughI've been wanting it BADLY! PLEASE YES! I know Heap herself tweeted last year saying it was coming early this year which obviously didn't happen, nordid I expect it to, but just her saying it's coming at all, makes me believe that yes, it's coming...I will buy that immediately, I don't even care, it's SO GOOD
"

Listening to the music right now. It took a little while to find, but some kind soul on Spotify managed to find almost all the Heap songs and compile them together in a playlist.

Lauren2
#124Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 9/6/18 at 8:03pm

So Joey is on for Ben’s parts, and Alex is on for Joeys parts. I am super excited for Joey! If anyone goes tonight could you tell us how he does?