pixeltracker

What's Next for the Winter Garden?- Page 3

What's Next for the Winter Garden?

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#50What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 6:14pm

I am thinking signs are pointing pretty heavily towards Dreamgirls. Someone posted in the Dreamgirls topic that they have put up a casting call for the end of the month so they are moving forward for this season for sure. If not Winter Garden, where else might it have secured a theatre for this season?

brightbroadway
#51What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 6:20pm

I predict Moulin Rouge or Dreamgirls for the Winter Garden. Tootsie probably Kerr or Marquis. There are a lot of shows eyeing the 19-20 season I imagine that a few more shows will have to close before Spring. Most likely open, Hudson, Belasco,Hirschfeld and possibly the Atkinson.  

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#52What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 6:20pm

Devil Wears Prada definitely won’t be ready in a year for Fall 2019.

Jonwo
#53What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 6:26pm

The Winter Garden is a bit big for this revival of Dreamgirls, I think it should go to its original home, The Imperial or failing either The Shubert or the Hirschfeld 

perfectliar
#54What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 7:12pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "If not Winter Garden, where else might it have secured a theatre for this season?"

The Marquis does not currently have a show booked. Neither do the Cort or Palace, though they're expected to undergo renovations. They could also have a theatre that's unannounced because it's currently occupied but the show hasn't posted a closing notice yet.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#55What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 7:41pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "I am thinking signs are pointing pretty heavily towards Dreamgirls. Someone posted in the Dreamgirls topic that they have put up a casting call for the end of the month so they are moving forward for this season for sure. If not Winter Garden, where else might it have secured a theatre for this season?"

Dreamgirls just may end up at the Hudson

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

TexanAddams18
#56What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 7:41pm

A new Audition post for Dreamgirls has popped up today....

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#57What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 7:50pm

Robbie2 said: 

Dreamgirls just may end up at the Hudson"

the shade

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#58What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/18/18 at 12:41am

I think the Winter Garden is the wrong space for Dreamgirls, but the idea that School of Rock posted their closing notice today and a casting call went out for Dreamgirls does seem odd. I think it's a much better fit for Moulin Rouge and Timbers knows the Winter Garden. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#60What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:15am

He was probably working because the show was awful. But I think the theater was a good fit for the show - it almost feels "in the round" so for having the boxing ring in the center, it made sense. And I loved their use of the space. I always find the mezz to be quit troubling. When I saw Rocky the extreme sides weren't filled, and when I went back for School of Rock I also thought the sides were terrible sight lines. I think it's a great space for something in a thrust, but, I think Dreamgirls would feel too small for this. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#61What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:06pm

Sondheimite said: "Love Never Dies would be such a foolish waste of money.

"

Just because a show hasn't "happened" for you doesn't mean it can't happen, or hasn't already happened, for others.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#62What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:13pm

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "I'm just saying, I wouldn't be shocked if LOVE NEVER DIES came in for a limited run in the spring when the tour closes."

Ideally, I'd like to see Love Never Dies do a limited run somewhere adjacent to The Majestic (e.g., Broadhurst, Shubert, St. James) because it would be cool to have the marquees, signage, and banners for both shows together, but I'd be quite happy to see it in any Broadway theatre.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

CaseyBrent41
#63What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/19/18 at 1:21pm

For what it's worth my friend works at 48 Lounge (across the street from the Cort) and said she saw Diane Paulus and a group outside the Cort last week....

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#64What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/19/18 at 1:26pm

Lot666 said: "Sondheimite said: "Love Never Dies would be such a foolish waste of money.

"

Just because a show hasn't "happened" for you doesn't mean it can't happen, or hasn't alreadyhappened, for others.
"

I don't mean to be rude but if will lose all it's money, close early, and critically/commercially lampooned if it opens on Broadway. 

Broadway World's Fireman.

Videos