pixeltracker

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY- Page 23

Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#550Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/30/19 at 12:14pm

Broadway Records is releasing an EP of Laura Benanti in MY FAIR LADY!!

The tracks will be "Wouldn't It Be Lovery", "I Could've Danced All Night", "Just You Wait", and "Show Me". I wish they would've recorded "Without You" to make it complete, but i'll take what I can get.

Link

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#551Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/30/19 at 12:32pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "Broadway Records is releasing an EP of Laura Benanti in MY FAIR LADY!!

The tracks will be "Wouldn't It Be Lovery", "I Could've Danced All Night", "Just You Wait", and "Show Me". I wish they would've recorded "Without You" to make it complete, but i'll take what I can get.

Link
"

You guys. This is so so amazing. I wish more shows would do this. I'd kill to hear Karen Olivo's "Satisfied" and Rebecca Luker's "Days and Days", and Donna Murphy's "Before The Parade Passes By" (yes, I am diva worshipper, sue me)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#552Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/30/19 at 1:03pm

I'm super thrilled that they're doing this. I also wish they had recorded a couple of songs from the various Dolly Levi's. It would've been nice to have an EP where they let each Dolly sing one of Dolly's solos. Bernadette sings one song, Donna sings one, and Betty sings one.

kofler22
#553Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/30/19 at 1:03pm

I also wonder why they didn´t record Without you??? Whata shame! 

dotseurat2
#554Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/30/19 at 1:08pm

I am excited about the EP but it makes me feel like a filmed version might not happen. Hoping I'm wrong. It MUST be filmed!!

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#555Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/30/19 at 2:39pm

When does Mary Poppins open after My Fair Lady closes?

VintageSnarker
#556Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/31/19 at 5:17am

dotseurat2 said: "I am excited about the EP but it makes me feel like a filmed version might not happen. Hoping I'm wrong. It MUST be filmed!!"

Seems pretty unlikely that they're filming it so I'm glad we'll get something. Is it so much to ask that they stick a camera somewhere in the recording studio? Though, moments when Laura is reacting and not the center of attention are some of my favorite acting moments in the show. 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#557Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 5/31/19 at 12:24pm

There has been some talk of a musical version of Gone With the Wind but there has been some concern over the 4 and a half hour length.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#558Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/2/19 at 4:46pm

GeorgeandDot said: "I'm super thrilled that they're doing this. I also wish they had recorded a couple of songs from the various Dolly Levi's. It would've been nice to have an EP where they let each Dolly sing one of Dolly's solos. Bernadette sings one song, Donna sings one, and Betty sings one."

This is all I could think of when I heard this! And similarly, we missed out on Bernadette Peters/Stritch in Night Music and Marin Mazzie in next to normal. But nice for Laura that some of her performance will be preserved. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#559Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/2/19 at 8:41pm

SmoothLover said: "When does Mary Poppins open after My Fair Lady closes?"

Lmfao. Forgot about that dumbáss rumor(lie)

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

divarobbie2 Profile Photo
divarobbie2
#560Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/8/19 at 2:30pm

FYI, Laura's EP is up on iTunes and Spotify as of yesterday.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#561Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/8/19 at 3:05pm

I can't seem to find it on Apple Music Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#562Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/8/19 at 3:18pm

I got it on iTunes last night.  It is glorious!!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#563Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/8/19 at 4:19pm

Did they just have Laura record over Laurens tracks? Or did they get the whole cast to record with Laura again? I’m curious why they stuck with Jordan and didn’t utilize Christian

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

noradesmond Profile Photo
noradesmond
#564Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/8/19 at 4:26pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Did they just have Laura record over Laurens tracks? Or did they get the whole cast to record with Laura again? I’m curious why they stuck with Jordan and didn’t utilize Christian"

I was curious as well. Only had one quick listen, and as Pose 2 said, it is glorious. 'Wouldn't It Be Loverly' sounds like a different men's chorus but Jordan Danica on 'Show Me' seems odd since he is long gone from the show, right? Wondering, not that it really matters, how much is new and how much are new vocals using the previously recorded tracks?

Pose2 Profile Photo
Pose2
#565Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/8/19 at 4:38pm

I thought it was strange as well. Jordan left in January, three months into Laura's run. Did they record it before he left?  I love his voice so much, but Christian has been doing the show with her a  lot longer.  Perhaps they did just record over Lauren's vocals because if they had recorded it in the past 6 months, Christian would have been featured.  

divarobbie2 Profile Photo
divarobbie2
#566Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/8/19 at 5:53pm

Only Laura's vocals are new. 

AntV
#567Laura Benanti to replace Lauren Ambrose in MY FAIR LADY
Posted: 6/25/19 at 1:52pm

Any rumblings on if they will be filming this?