pixeltracker

Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)- Page 2

Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)

QueenTwinnied
#25Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/5/18 at 5:43pm

I'm truly cackling. 

#26Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/5/18 at 6:13pm

Opening and closing night curtain calls, and other such videos, are either provided by the production (as was the case with "Hello, Dolly!" if I recall correctly), or, as is more often the case, the production invites media organizations to send photographers/videographers to capture the moment. Those are legal and approved by the production. That is a far different situation than covertly captured bootlegs. 

ArtMan
#27Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/5/18 at 6:18pm

Oh.......................okay.

ArtMan
#28Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/5/18 at 6:18pm

double post

Updated On: 9/5/18 at 06:18 PM

stevie3
#29Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/5/18 at 11:42pm

TIMBERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR  !!!!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#30Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/6/18 at 9:47pm

I just got out of the show. My God. Nicolette is superb. She’s by far my favorite actress to ever play the role. I don’t think in all the times I’ve seen it, that I’ve ever cried at this show but she just made the waterworks turn on tonight. I really do urge everyone to make it a priority to see the show while she’s in it.

She’d better have a BIG career in musical theater after this.

Updated On: 9/6/18 at 09:47 PM

mailhandler777
#31Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/7/18 at 2:51am

I'm seeing her on Sept 30th unless she's out.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Baldwin 2
#32Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/8/18 at 8:06am

Jordan Catalano said: "I just got out of the show. My God. Nicolette is superb. She’s by far my favorite actress to ever play the role. I don’t think in all the times I’ve seen it, that I’ve ever cried at this show but she just made the waterworks turn on tonight. I really do urge everyone to make it a priority to see the show while she’s in it.

"

Saw Nicolette last night. What a debut. There’s something special happening at the Brooks Atkinson. Her voice is gorgeous and powerful and all that but I really think it’s her mix of strength and vulnerability that makes the performance a must-see. This is the right actress in the right role at the right time. Worth the trip.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#33Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 9/20/18 at 10:02pm

Sorry to bump, wasn’t sure which was the most appropriate thread.

I’m pretty conflicted on my thoughts. I’ve loved the many Jenna’s I’ve seen over the years and think this is a genuinely great show. But I didn’t enjoy nearly as much this time I saw it, with Nicolette at the helm. Her Jenna is lifeless and emotionless up until She Used To Be Mine. Then, she takes off like a rocket. But up until then it is boring to watch her, and she fully fades into the background. 

The rest of the cast totally overshadows her, and it feels like she can’t commit to a point of view. She needs to make a choice as to where her Jenna is, and be a bit stronger with it. Jenna is supposed to be a bit numb and paralyzed at the beginning, but she still needs to be our protagonist and guide us. But she was by far the least interesting character on stage up until the finale. (That being said, Natasha Yvette Williams & Drew Gehling are KILLING IT, while I feel Katie Lowes and Adam Shapiro are not fitting in well at all).

Overall I feel show is not in the great shape it has been in for a few years. The audience was very disconnected and jokes were not landing. It very much felt like a show that’s 1000 bows in. I think it’d be a smart move to close up shop in January, ship the set to London, and get more bang for their buck. Or, get another big star to get some energy into the Brooks Atkinson. (And no, I don’t mean Al Roker.)

Updated On: 9/20/18 at 10:02 PM

bwaylinds Profile Photo
bwaylinds
grumpyoptimist
#35Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 10/3/18 at 3:36am

Baldwin 2 said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I just got out of the show. My God. Nicolette is superb. She’s by far my favorite actress to ever play the role. I don’t think in all the times I’ve seen it, that I’ve ever cried at this show but she just made the waterworks turn on tonight. I really do urge everyone to make it a priority to see the show while she’s in it.

"

Saw Nicolette last night. What a debut. There’s something special happening at the Brooks Atkinson. Her voice is gorgeous and powerful and all that but I really think it’s her mix of strength and vulnerability that makes the performance a must-see. This is the right actress in the right role at the right time. Worth the trip.

I saw Nicolette last week.  Have seen all the Jennas except Torns and McPhee.  Blown away doesn't suffice.  I was 6th row center, during She Used to Be Mine she had a steady STREAM of tears falling from her eyes to the stage (she was bent over).  I think her acting chops plus an extraordinary singing voice is what differentiated her for me.  Truly a gift for the audience...

bwayoutdoors
#36Nicolette Robinson begins in WAITRESS tonight! (9/4/18)
Posted: 10/3/18 at 9:06am

Agreed, I saw the show again last night from the front orchestra and Nicolette just blew me away. She has a tremendous voice, and knocks songs like What Baking Can Do out of the park, yet it’s the vulnerability and connection to the character that just rips your heart apart. Tears fell throughout the entire show, both hers and ours (Even the older (in their 60’s) couple next to me was sobbing during SUTBM, as tears also streamed down Nicolette’s face). During SUTBM you could hear a pin drop, Nicolette deeply connected with the audience and gave a transformative and noteworthy performance. Her emotional Everything Changes also was a home run, and the resoluteness when she boots Earl out of the hospital room felt entirely real. I’ve been fortunate to have seen all of the Jennas (except understudy Molly Jobe), and highly recommend you all get to the Brooks to see Nicolette during the remainder of her run.