pixeltracker

KING LEAR Moving to the Cort- Page 2

KING LEAR Moving to the Cort

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#25KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 8:23am

Called Telecharge and returned my seat. I'm not waiting to be reassigned.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#26KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 10:08am

I actually don't think this is a question of Metcalf pulling her power. I think Scott Rudin is a shrewd producer and knows Glenda Jackson as Lear is going to sell well in whatever theatre it plays in. Metcalf in a new play by a still up and coming playwright is going to need the greater visibility that the Golden Theatre provides to sell tickets.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

ahhrealmonsters
#27KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 10:54am

I read this as KING KONG moving to the Cort and was so confused. I clearly can't read and have lost my mind.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#28KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 11:09am

My guess: it's entirely related to timing:

At the Cort, Mike Birbiglia closes on 1/20, and Lear now begins previews 2/28. 

At the Golden, Waverly Gallery is scheduled to close on 1/27 and Hillary begins previews 3/16. That gives Rudin wiggle-room to extend Waverly by 2-3 weeks if he wants to. There'd be no room for an extension if Lear was starting 2/28 at the Golden. 

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#29KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 11:48am

Re: Calling Telecharge - Could I get a refund, return my original ticket, and ultimately, take care of the booking at the Cort without reassignment from them?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#30KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 11:56am

LimelightMike said: "Re: Calling Telecharge - Could I get a refund, return my original ticket, and ultimately, take care of the booking at the Cort without reassignment from them?"

Yes, exactly.

StageJunkie2
#31KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 11:59am

And, despite announcing the move, Telecharge is STILL (as of 5 minutes ago) selling tickets for the Golden.  Makes no sense to me. My Network ticket worked out OK after that venue change; can only hope this one works out as well.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#32KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 12:16pm

StageJunkie2 said: "And, despite announcing the move, Telecharge isSTILL (as of 5 minutes ago) selling tickets for the Golden. Makes no sense to me. My Network ticket worked out OK after that venue change; can only hope this one works out as well."

I'm not holding my breath. Unlike the Network change, it's not a simple transfer of seat numbers. The center orchestra section of the Cort has only 12 seats. Center orchestra at the Golden is from 17-23 seats. The configuration of the mezzanine is also completely different. Not to mention the fact that the Cort has a balcony. In my opinion, they should have refunded all the seats sold so far and halted sales while they figure out what they're doing.

Updated On: 10/26/18 at 12:16 PM

Catsbroadwayfan
#33KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 12:22pm

Just got off the phone with telecharge, and I returned my seat, not even going to attempt this headache. Once they can figure it out, I will rebuy. Theres no way in hell I will be sitting in the balcony.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#34KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 12:56pm

Just hung up myself. Any inkling as to how long the refund will take to process?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#35KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 1:02pm

LimelightMike said: "Just hung up myself. Any inkling as to how longthe refund will take toprocess?"

I think it usually takes about 4-5 days.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#36KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 3:38pm

If anyone wants to take a look at the new pricing structure, tickets for 6/25 - 7/7 are up on the Cort page.

saxpower
#37KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 7:24pm

The Cort has about 200 more seats than the Golden - they probably figure this will allow more people to see Lear (and let the producers make more money).  I don't remember on timing of announcements- maybe Lear was announced for the Golden when it was still believed Network would be at the Cort?

I've never been in the Cort but couldn't the extra seats mean its unlikely folks who bought seats at the Golden would be at the back of the theatre? 

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#38KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/26/18 at 7:36pm

saxpower said: "The Cort has about 200 more seats than the Golden - they probably figure this will allow more people to see Lear (and let the producers make more money). I don't remember on timing of announcements- maybe Lear was announced for the Golden when it was still believed Network would be at the Cort?

I've never been in the Cort but couldn't the extra seats mean its unlikely folks who bought seats at the Golden would be at the back of the theatre?
"

If they're going by price, anyone who bought $49 rear mezzanine seats would be in the rear of the balcony, rows E - H, since those are the only $49 seats in the theatre. It's possible that they're doing it another way, but I wasn't willing to take that chance.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#39KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/27/18 at 1:41pm

They have descriptions of both theaters at the Shubert website.  As has been said, they have completely different configurations within each section that will make it tricky to have "equivalent" seats.  The size of each row, and the number of rows are different.

The Golden has 802 seats, and the Cort has 1056, so 250 more for the Cort.  But that is because there is a balcony, which seats 283.

The Golden orchestra has 465 seats, and the Cort's has 502.  So the Cort orchestra is 37 seats larger.

The Golden mezz has 337 seats (front mezz is 110, and the rear mezz is 227), and the Cort has 264, so the Cort has 73 fewer seats.

So if you have seat in the Rows G or H (and possibly F) of the rear mezz at the Golden, you're probably getting pushed out into the balcony.  But one possible reason not to assume that is that, because the show is not sold out, they may squish all current ticket buyers in so they stay in the same section.  But that may affect the bottom line, and they might not do that.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"
Updated On: 10/27/18 at 01:41 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#40KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/30/18 at 4:00pm

Surprisingly, they've moved the majority of the dates over to the Cort. I'm still glad I returned my seat, though. I had row H of the rear mezzanine, for which I paid $59, and now I have center mezzanine row D for the same price, using the code on Telecharge Offers.

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#41KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 10/30/18 at 4:23pm

How perfect.

"Oh unaccommadated play."

Next to murder, of course, exile and eviction are the running actions of Lear.   

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#42KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/6/18 at 7:40am

King Lear at the Cort and Hillary and Clinton are no longer on Telecharge. Is another theatre change brewing?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#43KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/6/18 at 8:52am

CT2NYC said: "King Learat the Cort andHillary and Clintonare no longer on Telecharge. Is another theatre change brewing?"

Something is definitely going on. My King Lear and Hillary and Clinton tickets are no longer listed on "My Orders."

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#44KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/6/18 at 8:52am

Hilary and Clinton is not on the list, BUT King Lear has now appeared playing at the Golden.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#45KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/6/18 at 9:02am

fashionguru_23 said: "Hilary and Clinton is not on the list, BUT King Lear has now appeared playing at the Golden."

The King Lear at the Golden page has been there the whole time, while they moved the dates over to the Cort. As of last night, both pages were up.

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#46KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/6/18 at 9:34am

I'm thinking it's possible the Lear page could be down to finalize the switches. Can't explain H&C being down, though.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

bfreak
#47KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/6/18 at 9:54am

If Rudin tries playing Goldielocks with the theatres again I'm going to be pissed. I JUST repurchased tickets to King Lear yesterday after having to call telecharge, ask for only the refund, and then wait for my date to be transferred to the Cort page and buy them. Pick one already, I'm sure both shows will sell fine!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#48KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/6/18 at 11:53am

They're both back, thank goodness.

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#49KING LEAR Moving to the Cort
Posted: 11/13/18 at 12:26pm

Just checking back in -- has anyone received any communication about their new seat assignment yet?

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before