pixeltracker

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019- Page 9

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#200Down to One
Posted: 4/14/19 at 12:39am

I would think there will be a final announcement by May. One has to wonder if the producer was taking money from ticket sales for scheduled performances that were then cancelled and investing it, thus returning money to ticketholders after announcing cancellations. After reading this thread I would guess that the  production will not happen in NYC.

On a side note, perhaps the cast would be comprised of the European cast that finished in December. But again I do not think the production is going to happen. I do think there will be some sort of formal announcement.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#201Down to One
Posted: 4/14/19 at 6:30pm

Still hearing City Center is back on from my source, but not given any timeline.

SmoothLover
#202Down to One
Posted: 4/15/19 at 12:36am

I am sure it will come to the wire as to whether or not it all happens. It must be a little frustrating for City Center.

SmoothLover
#203Down to One
Posted: 5/1/19 at 12:33pm

Bump! Does anyone have any new information about this event?

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#204Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 10:47am

SmoothLover said: "Bump! Does anyone have any new information about this event?"

I wish. Really wanted to see this.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#205Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 12:18pm

Was so disappointed that the LA run was canned.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

RumTumJM
#206Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 1:59pm

I, too, have heard (from a very reliable source) that the producers, etc are still planning on going ahead with it. In fact, Meat Loaf is gonna start doing press for it. 

No one knows anything about dates, cast, etc (including said source). Many still doubt it will happen. But, I can confirm that they are sending Meat around on the media circuit to build up hype for it. 

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#207Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 3:14pm

RumTumJM said: "I, too, have heard (from a very reliable source) that the producers, etc are still planning on going ahead with it. In fact, Meat Loaf is gonna start doing press for it.

No one knows anything about dates, cast, etc (including said source). Many still doubt it will happen. But, I can confirm that they are sending Meat around on the media circuit to build up hype for it.
"

That's interesting, because it was definitely advertised and promoted as a Jim Steinman musical - not a musical based or having anything to do with Meat Loaf. But since that didn't work out too well in the UK, perhaps they have since approached Meat Loaf about US publicity.   

tourboi
#208Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 3:34pm

They used Meat Loaf a lot early in promotions up in Toronto during the first run. 

Someone asked earlier "Didn't it do well in Toronto?"

Nope. It sold okay the first round mostly due to subscription. The return with the 'tour' failed and didn't sell well at all. 

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#209Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 9:27pm

ggersten said: "...it was definitely advertised and promoted as a Jim Steinman musical - not a musical based or having anything to do with Meat Loaf."

Says who? His name was on the marquee for the Manchester tryout:

Image may contain: outdoor

At some point in the process, they even added prominent billing for him as a below-the-title associate producer, although from what I could see all he really did was attend the show once in a blue moon and show up to a few launch events.

Like I said elsewhere in the thread, 2% of the U.S. knows Jim Steinman had anything to do with Bat Out of Hell. The UK and Europe only marginally know him for more than that. Nobody left Meat Loaf out of the promotion; in fact, they probably wished he could have done more.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky
Updated On: 5/2/19 at 09:27 PM

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#210Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 10:30pm

Was so sad that the pre-Broadway San Francisco engagement died (along with the tour and NYC City Center dates) and will only believe the US production is happening when my asterisk is in a theatre seat where BOOH is on the marquee.

SmoothLover
#211Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 11:23pm

My friend who works at City Center said that they put down a deposit for the run not too long ago. Seems however, if it is really happening, we should start seeing some ticket sales.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#212Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 11:30pm

Or auditions...

SmoothLover
#213Down to One
Posted: 5/2/19 at 11:33pm

But then as we have seen with other venues deposits and ticket sales mean nothing.

leftyloveshuskies
#214Down to One
Posted: 5/3/19 at 5:11pm

I just received a letter from DC's National Theater about the cancellation of Bat Out of Hell.  Here is one statement I thought you might be interested in "Because of the size and technical complexity of this spectacular musical, producers have decided to take the show directly to New York rather than tour ...."

SmoothLover
#215Down to One
Posted: 5/3/19 at 8:29pm

leftyloveshuskies said: "I just received a letter from DC's National Theater about the cancellation of Bat Out of Hell. Here is one statement I thought you might be interested in "Because of the size and technical complexity of this spectacular musical, producers have decided to take the show directly to New York rather than tour ....""

That quote was basically the essence of the last press release that was carried on Broadway.com not too long ago. But one has to wonder if it is the truth of the situation or something put together by a PR person.

tourboi
#216Down to One
Posted: 5/3/19 at 8:32pm

Hillarious because the tour version was already largely scaled down based on the initial Toronto run and tour run there.

g.d.e.l.g.i. Profile Photo
g.d.e.l.g.i.
#217Down to One
Posted: 5/3/19 at 8:51pm

More to the point, I've seen tons of video of the "bigger-budget, full-featured" version (in Manchester and at the London Coliseum), and if they paid more than one to two million for those sets, they got robbed. The projection screens and the pool of water were the most complicated elements of the damn thing.

Formerly gvendo2005
Broadway Legend

Blocked: After Eight, suestorm, david_fick, emlodik, lovebwy, Dave28282, joevitus, BorisTomashevsky

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#218Down to One
Posted: 5/3/19 at 11:10pm

^The full scale version (West End version & Toronto initial run) were SUPER impressive, and you saw every dollar onstage. It was way over the top.  The projections were some of the best I've seen, and the flying was very complicated.  I mean a CAR falls into the orchestra pit!  A motorcycle explodes and the debris fly into a heart shape in the air.  Any money spent, was well spent.

SmoothLover
#219Down to One
Posted: 5/4/19 at 8:04am

Perhaps they can use some slides and scaffolding for the NY run so the producer can save more money..

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#220Down to One
Posted: 5/4/19 at 10:30am

Any videos of that? that sounds amazing.

SmoothLover
#221Down to One
Posted: 5/5/19 at 2:00am

Somehow I do not think a car will crash into the orchestra pit at City Center if the nyc production comes to pass.

SmoothLover
#222Down to One
Posted: 5/10/19 at 2:09am

Bump. Word is that tickets go on sale next week.

Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#223Down to One
Posted: 5/10/19 at 2:13am

SmoothLover said: "Bump. Word is that tickets go on sale next week."

At what location?  Bayonne, New Jersey?  Deets, por favor.

SmoothLover
#224Down to One
Posted: 5/10/19 at 1:17pm

NT City Center.

Videos