pixeltracker

To Kill a Mockingbird Rush- Page 2

To Kill a Mockingbird Rush

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#25To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/16/18 at 3:05am

Ah yes, sorry Carmen. What time did you get there and how your experience?

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#26To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/16/18 at 11:47am

GeorgeandDot said: "Ah yes, sorry Carmen. What time did you get there and how your experience?"

I rushed Fri 12/14. Got there at 9:10a and was 15th in line. They had a few Orch rush, but those went fast. Next, they had balcony and those were gone by the time I got to the window - which is good for me b/c I hear the view up there is not good. I ended up with SRO (which I'm fine with) for $39. The prices were: Orch rush - $49, SRO - $39, Balcony - $29.

I loved SRO - I had spot 3 (first spot on the left section in Orch). FYI - there is a post between spots 3 & 7 (and I assume the same between 2&4 on the other side), so you get some extra space as you won't have a person next to you. 

Now that we are in full Xmas vacation time, I expect the line to more popular - I don't recommend getting to the line as late as I did.

Hope this helps.

dabb13z
#27To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/20/18 at 10:37am

12/20 - 15 people in line by 10am. I arrived at 9:21am and was 6th in line. I got the last two rush tickets - orchestra C14 $49 and balcony K11$29. Both technically obstructied. There were 10 total rush tickets.

petewk87
#28To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/20/18 at 10:47am

Thanks for the report! I assume they start selling standing room after rush tickets are sold out then?

dabb13z
#29To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/20/18 at 11:18pm

They were offering standing room as the last few rushes were sold (my seats were separated so if I wanted to stay together theydve been SRO.) also for those debating the house right view, this is the obstruction.

http://i64.tinypic.com/mtbb5s.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/nme2wj.jpg

I found about 80% of the front part of the stage was completely visible. I couldnt see the judge or the jury during most trial scenes but it didnt detract for me.

Updated On: 12/20/18 at 11:18 PM

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#30To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/28/18 at 8:15pm

Anyone tried for standing room lately? When should I get there?

hollebolle
#31To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/30/18 at 1:25pm

This is probably atypical, but I was able to get standing room yesterday at 4:30pm for the 8pm show. I got the single spot to the left of the sound booth. It seemed like they had to confirm the number of available SR tickets when I asked, so more spots may become available closer to curtain. I wouldnt count on that, though!

I love standing room, generally. In a lot of ways its more comfortable for me (although this was my first SRO experience in a Broadway house). And it was a great view for Mockingbird. My only issue was that the overhang is really low, which made the stage feel compressed. But I really cant complain!!

Special K2
#32To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/30/18 at 5:07pm

CarmenA3 said: "I rushed today and was 14th in line at 9:10am. They had Orch rush($49), Balc Rush ($29) and SRO ($39) available. By the time I got to the window, only SRO were left and there was a long line behind me. Since it opened last night, I'd suggest getting in the normal line for SRO."

Forgive me if I am reading this incorrectly -- are there separate lines for each option or is it just a general line like normal?

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#33To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/31/18 at 11:21am

Special K2 said: "CarmenA3 said: "I rushed today and was 14th in line at 9:10am. They had Orch rush($49), Balc Rush ($29) and SRO ($39) available. By the time I got to the window, only SRO were left and there was a long line behind me. Since it opened last night, I'd suggest getting in the normal line for SRO."

Forgive me if I am reading this incorrectly -- are there separate lines for each option or is it just a general line like normal?
"

Not a bad question to ask. No, there are not separate lines for each option. Everyone lines up in the same row and depending on how far back in line you are will determine what is still available when you make it to the agent.

The reason I mentioned getting in the regular rush line is because previous posts mentioned going to the BO later in the day for SRO (as some shows only sell SRO if the performance is sold out). In my case, it WAS a sold out show and they were selling SRO already at 10am. 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#34To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/31/18 at 2:42pm

If all price points are available, are you able to specify which you want?

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#35To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 12/31/18 at 8:02pm

LesWickedly said: "If all price points are available, are you able to specify which you want? "

By the time I got to the agent, they only had SRO, but I would assume that yes, you could ask for a certain price point (asking nicely of course). Or just let people go ahead of you until your price point is available. 

Bwaygirl25
#36To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/4/19 at 10:13am

I found an article that said they aren't currently doing rush for TKAM currently, but I can't find a second source saying the same thing, so I feel like it's not true. Anyone have any additionl info?

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#37To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/4/19 at 10:17am

Bwaygirl25 said: "I found an article that said they aren't currently doing rush for TKAM currently, but I can't find a second source saying the same thing, so I feel like it's not true. Anyone have any additionlinfo?"

Maybe that’s a new policy, but they had rush yesterday (sorry, forgot to post). My friend went just after 8. She was 6th in line. By 10, there were 15ish people behind her. They only had SRO and Balcony available and both were offered from the onset. She chose Balcony for $30.

rg7759
#38To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/4/19 at 10:22am

If it helps you decide, the $29 seats are at the very top of the theater in an added row that shouldn't even be there. It's so bad you should probably consider it a choice between 2 standing tickets: 29 upstairs, 39 downstairs. But since I cherish every $10, and technically I could sit, I don't regret the $29

Bwaygirl25
#39To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/4/19 at 10:41am

CarmenA3 said: "Bwaygirl25 said: "I found an article that said they aren't currently doing rush for TKAM currently, but I can't find a second source saying the same thing, so I feel like it's not true. Anyone have any additionlinfo?"

Maybe that’s a new policy, but they had rush yesterday (sorry, forgot to post). My friend went just after 8. She was 6th in line. By 10, there were 15ish people behind her. They only had SRO and Balcony available and both were offered from the onset. She chose Balcony for $30.
"

Thanks! I saw it on 12/22 and got there just after 8 as well and was 6th in line. I was able to get a set in the orchestra for $49 and enjoyed every second. My mom is in town now and didn't want to tell her to go wait in line if they weren't even going to be selling rush at all. I'll check back later today to see if anyone posted anything about this morning. Thanks again!

hollebolle
#40To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/4/19 at 10:46am

Are you referring to the HeadOut article? If so, I think the article is incorrect. I read it last week, but was successfully able to rush since then, as have others.

BenElliott Profile Photo
BenElliott
#41To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/4/19 at 3:36pm

I rushed yesterday. I was 15th or 16th in line when I got there a little before 9. I got a standing room ticket and the view was phenomenal. There's a nice ledge to lean on and the play is so engrossing that I didn't feel like I had been standing for a while. If you get a choice between which ticket, get standing room. Apparently the balcony seats are all the way up in the last row, which are extremely obstructed and the $50 orchestra seats looked like some stuff might get blocked during the courtroom scenes. I'm not sure if anyone behind me got tickets, but I know I was near the end of the availability.

jomilo21
#42To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/8/19 at 2:06pm

Bump- Any new insights on this? Can you still get rush?

metjetboy13
#43To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/10/19 at 12:27pm

I went this morning and arrived at about 7:30. I was the 5th person in line. The first person arrived at 5:15 AM, but I don't think there's a need to arrive that early. They only offered Balcony and SRO tix today and I was given the choice. I choose SRO and got two tix for $39 each. Hope this helps!

JSquared2
#44To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/10/19 at 12:33pm

metjetboy13 said: "I went this morning and arrived at about 7:30. I was the 5th person in line. The first person arrived at 5:15 AM, but I don't think there's a need to arrive that early. They only offered Balcony and SRO tix today and I was given the choice. I choose SRO and got two tix for $39 each. Hope this helps!"

Approximately how many people were on line by 10:00am if you noticed?

metjetboy13
#45To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/10/19 at 12:34pm

JSquared2 said: "metjetboy13 said: "I went this morning and arrived at about 7:30. I was the 5th person in line. The first person arrived at 5:15 AM, but I don't think there's a need to arrive that early. They only offered Balcony and SRO tix today and I was given the choice. I choose SRO and got two tix for $39 each. Hope this helps!"

Approximately how many people were on line by 10:00am if you noticed? 
"

I didn't notice an exact number, but I can say that the line was out the box office door and I would be VERY surprised if everyone tickets.

spikethebunny Profile Photo
spikethebunny
#46To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/12/19 at 10:36am

Did Rush this morning for a two show day. Got there at 8:00am at was about 13th in line. I could only go to evening tonight and almost everyone but two people requested tonight. They were selling obstructed balcony or SRO. By the time I got to the front they only had SRO so I took it.

I have never done SRO at a show so this might be a dumb question but are standing room spots assigned or is it just a general stand in this area. I do have numbers on my tickets but I dont know if they actually mean anything. Just want to know if I need to be there early to get a spot.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#47To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/12/19 at 10:40am

spikethebunny said: "I have never done SRO at a show so this might be a dumb question but are standing room spots assigned or is it just a general stand in this area. I do have numbers on my tickets but I dont know if they actually mean anything. Just want to know if I need to be there early to get a spot."

Standing room has assigned spots. There are numbers on the wall you stand behind that will let you know your spot. I did standing room for Dolly, and the view has excellent! I hope you enjoy the show!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

spikethebunny Profile Photo
spikethebunny
#48To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/12/19 at 10:43am

bwayphreak234 said: "spikethebunny said: "I have never done SRO at a show so this might be a dumb question but are standing room spots assigned or is it just a general stand in this area. I do have numbers on my tickets but I dont know if they actually mean anything. Just want to know if I need to be there early to get a spot."

Standing room has assigned spots. There are numbers on the wall you stand behind that will let you know your spot. I did standing room for Dolly, and the view has excellent! I hope you enjoy the show!

"

Thank you so much! 

Flowerlovestage5 Profile Photo
Flowerlovestage5
#49To Kill a Mockingbird Rush
Posted: 1/12/19 at 5:23pm

Im sorry if I missed this info somewhere but has anyone rushed for the Sunday matinee when the box office opens at 12? I was thinking no later than 10am?

Thanks....