Waitress Casting Rumour

lightsarebrightonbroadway
#1Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 12:57pm

Just heard from a friend that the production team has been in contact with Emma Stone to play Jenna - I have no clue if this is true, and will be back with confirmation about this once I get in contact with some of my friends in the show. I thought, however, it would be fun to post. What do you all think?

MauraLovesMusicals
#2Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 12:59pm

i know it will bring up sales with her beloved performance in la la land but i actually really hate this idea.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#3Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 1:04pm

sure jan

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 1:16pm

I’m not sure how I feel about this. I’m guessing it will just fall through like every other supposed casting for this show.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JSquared2
#5Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 1:44pm

lightsarebrightonbroadway said: "Just heard from a friend that the production team has been in contact with Emma Stone to play Jenna - I have no clue if this is true, and will be back with confirmation about this once I get in contact with some of my friends in the show. I thought, however, it would be fun to post. What do you all think?"

I can guarantee you that the producers and/or casting director have "been in contact" with just about every name (or semi-name) actress and/or singer between the ages of 18-45 about their availability/interest in doing WAITRESS.  It's not "news" until one of them says yes and signs a deal memo.

Updated On: 12/10/18 at 01:44 PM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#6Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 2:00pm

Emma has been pretty upfront about her vocal limitations in regards to doing a musical 8 shows a week. I think the only reason she did Sally in Cabaret is because the character doesn’t have to sing that well, although I actually thought she sounded great. But there’s no way she could handle Jenna.

nasty_khakis
#7Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 2:09pm

When I worked in casting you made giant lists of everyone just so you could make the call to their agent, get the hard no/not interested/will only originate etc to take back to the producers and say "Yeah, Beyonce said no, Justin Timberlake said no, the 3rd member of LFO say no" because they really think Beyonce will replace in The Wedding Singer.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 2:16pm

This sounds like fake news to me. I doubt Stone would want to replace again. Especially after winning the Oscar.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 2:49pm

It is really disheartening that "fake news" has entered the mainstream vernacular.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#10Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 3:05pm

LizzieCurry said: "It is really disheartening that "fake news" has entered the mainstream vernacular."

agreed. I am so darn sick of that phrase 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#11Waitress Casting Rumour
Posted: 12/10/18 at 4:55pm

She is not going to come into Waitress. She doesn’t have the vocal range for this and, as others have mentioned, she’s been upfront about it. Also, if she were to be the next Jenna after Sara, that would thrust her in the middle of awards season and there would literally be no room for her to rehearse.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos