pixeltracker

Jussie Smollett violently attacked- Page 3

Jussie Smollett violently attacked

binau Profile Photo
binau
#50Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 3:14pm

Is this guy trying to get Trump re-elected?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

east side story Profile Photo
east side story
#51Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 4:14pm

He paid the two brothers using a personal check. He's toast. Expect an announcement from FOX in the coming days.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#52Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/21/19 at 7:26pm

"It's a painful story, worthy of a very special episode on EMPIRE."

That would be an improvement on an otherwise barely watchable series that should have been put out of its misery after the second season.  I hope Jussie gets the help that he appears to need.  I'm left wondering whether he's conflicted on multiple levels as he is what is still considered bi-racial.  And it's difficult to attribute his actions, those of a 36 year old man, to youthful recklessness or lack of self-awareness.

"Is this guy trying to get Trump re-elected?"

I really didn't want to invoke the name of that fellow.  But, Trump is a paragon of "hubris".  He gives those in his orbit license to do whatever they're confident they can get away with until instructed to stop.  Then it's a "Mr Trump has an alternate set of facts" followed by a silent "f*ck you", without so much as a public "mea culpa".  Trump sets the pace which in no way discounts the harm done by Jussie's stunt or the discredited allegations of a few #MeToo card holders.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 2/21/19 at 07:26 PM

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#53Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/22/19 at 6:48am

I think the root of the story is mental illness. He obviously is mixed up.

Theatre Fan3
#54Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/22/19 at 9:40am

Now the big question is ........  will this be a skit on Saturday Night Live this week?

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#55Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/22/19 at 3:34pm

east side story said: "He paid the two brothers using a personal check. 

Yeah cos when the Mafia, Haliburton, the CIA and the FBI conspire, that's how it's done.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#56Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/23/19 at 7:17pm

Dude is the gift that keeps on giving.  He now ranks right up there with Nancy Pelosi, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Bernie Sanders on the Fox News' Most Hated Loony Leftist list.  We're all capable of making mistakes but I was taught growing up to not give someone a stick to beat me over the head with.  FN is running the hate crime hoax angle hard.  This is so sad on so many levels.

Dinesh D'Souza on the Jussie Smollett case, hate crime hoaxes and the left's 'ideological dementia'

Updated On: 2/23/19 at 07:17 PM

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#57Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/23/19 at 8:56pm

It is amazing that so many of the media, Hollywood elite and politicians jumped the gun again and none of them thought his story was a bit fishy. Think about it, it is 2am on a very cold morning in Chicago. Two white dudes are there with rope and bleach looking for some black person to lynch. They scream at him this is MAGA country which is almost comical since Trump received 12.5% of the vote in Chicago. In addition, these two white dudes who wanted to lynch him did not rob him of his cell phone or wallet. Guess they were trying to be nice -lol. After hearing this story,I would think most people would pause a bit before going all on like Senator Booker, Senator Harris and Robin Roberts to name a few.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#58Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/23/19 at 9:42pm

Well why should anyone not believe him initially? Shouldn't someone who claims to be a victim of an attack be taken seriously? I actually think that the media and the justice system handled this one very well. He came forward, everyone took it seriously, facts and evidence were gathered, and the truth came out. I don't think anyone jumped the gun here. When someone is beaten up in the street, you shouldn't assume that it was faked. You should assume that the person is telling the truth because if they're not, it will come back to haunt them, which is what happened here.

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#59Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/23/19 at 10:23pm

I’m all for fox news running this hate crime hoax. The dude did it to himself, next time don’t fake a hate crime.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#60Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/24/19 at 12:42am

I think the gut punch for me is he took years of  racial and sexual oppression and used it merely as a publicity opportunity to advance the only cause he truly cared about- himself. WAtch now as he'll  come up w a psychological rational that the pressure and stress of representing for both Black and LBQT caused him to  "mistakenly" believe that this action would actually advance those communities and he needs mental health support to clarify his confusion.  Heal him don't condemn him .  FEH! 

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#61Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/24/19 at 9:56am

I wonder if this whole thing was his idea? When you consider the way it got both parties riled up and brought out the worst in both, I wonder if some Russian agent didn't tell Jussie "hey man, know how you can help Kamala Harris look more legitimate? Give her anti-lynching cause a poster boy."

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#62Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/24/19 at 10:46am

"Well why should anyone not believe him initially? Shouldn't someone who claims to be a victim of an attack be taken seriously? I actually think that the media and the justice system handled this one very well. He came forward, everyone took it seriously, facts and evidence were gathered, and the truth came out. I don't think anyone jumped the gun here. When someone is beaten up in the street, you shouldn't assume that it was faked. You should assume that the person is telling the truth because if they're not, it will come back to haunt them, which is what happened here."

Of course claims of an attack should be taken seriously but his story did not sound right for reasons I mentioned. My goodness, did you see the Robin Roberts interview. She heard the story and still never thought any of it sounded fishy - wow. Just curious, the minute you heard the details did you not have any questions in your mind about the alleged attack.

Pauly3
#63Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/25/19 at 5:48pm

GeorgeandDot said: "Well why should anyone not believe him initially? Shouldn't someone who claims to be a victim of an attack be taken seriously? I actually think that the media and the justice system handled this one very well. He came forward, everyone took it seriously, facts and evidence were gathered, and the truth came out. I don't think anyone jumped the gun here. When someone is beaten up in the street, you shouldn't assume that it was faked. You should assume that the person is telling the truth because if they're not, it will come back to haunt them, which is what happened here."

All good sentiment.  It's too bad the same fine sentiment was not prevalent on and immediately after February 26, 2012 (when George Zimmerman claimed he was attacked).  Perhaps had cooler heads prevailed back then - and allowed the real evidence to become known - and not allowed false conclusions to become facts, Jussie Smollett might not be so confused in 2019.  Why do I link back to that single case?  Because no case this century has been more misunderstood or more held up (inappropriately) as an example of what is wrong in this country than that single case.  I'm sure many will disagree, and this thread is likely not the place to discuss that case.  But if you disagree with me and believe you have a good understanding of what occurred on February 26, 2012 - and are interested in exploring, I am capable of and more than willing to discuss just about any or every element of that case.  And I can do it without name calling or drifting off into arguments that have no relevance.  We can start a separate thread.  Interested?

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#64Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/25/19 at 9:53pm

George Zimmerman is a disgusting murderer that deserves anything that happens to him. I don't really get the comparison. And because I know you're going to come back with some comment about Zimmerman, he stalked a kid (who was in his own neighborhood) through the rain and when the kid freaked out about some random guy following him, he was shot and killed. Did you not see the text messages between Martin and his friend right before he was killed. He told his friend he was scared that this guy was going to rape him. He was a kid trying to go home who was stalked by a stranger, and fought back because he thought some creep was going to rape him and ended up getting killed. Guy was a psyco, but the conservatives love him because they're the party of the sick, twisted, and racist.

Also, I mentioned my issues with his story and body language in his interview with Roberts.

Pauly3
#65Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/25/19 at 11:07pm

I will start another thread to discuss what Zimmerman may have done - or not done.  The comparison between what happened to Zimmerman and what is now going on with Jussie Smollett is relevant because an attempt to dupe the American public occurred in both cases.  I suggest it is possible Jussie Smollett (and many others) might have a somewhat different view of life in America had America not been so deceived about what occurred on the night Trayvon Martin was shot - and so divided as a result.  If you care about the actual evidence - and care to have a civil discussion, I invite you to participate in the other thread.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#66Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/26/19 at 6:25pm

The results of another attempt to dupe the American public...

I'm convinced there's a connection somehow.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#67Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 2/27/19 at 6:50pm

The results of another attempt to dupe the American public...

I'm convinced there's a connection somehow.

I am sorry but I initially cracked up laughing, the last thing I expected was an Ollie North reference.

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#68Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 3/2/19 at 10:38am

I think this made up hate crimes/ made up racism happens so often lately (like mentioned in that clip someone posted) because we have certain groups of people in the new generation that think the victim role is their identity. They are raised in a way that you can use it to get things done, to get your way, to get attention, to get jobs. And if nothing really happens anymore, or people do not get the desired results anymore, these things start to happen.

I mean, even I have been called racist (unjustified) on this board in the past, when I see this happen or point out an unhealthy race focus in casting productions for example I am quickly silenced. Or people pulling the race card in situations that have absolutely nothing to do with it (Great Comet, Hercules dream casting, to name a few). Which has happened here on this board too. This mindset of false accusations has been going on in bigger and smaller forms for far too long now. I am glad people's eyes are starting to open.

Updated On: 3/2/19 at 10:38 AM

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#69Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 3/2/19 at 12:41pm

"I mean, even I have been called racist"

The shoe fits.

"I think this made up hate crimes happen so often lately because we have certain groups of people in new generation that think the victim role is their identity."

"Made up" hate crimes do not happen often. They are very rare.

REAL hate crimes have been on the rise.

Hate Crimes Increase for the Third Consecutive Year, F.B.I. Reports

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/13/us/hate-crimes-fbi-2017.html

Pauly3
#70Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 3/2/19 at 1:19pm

Perhaps if people, on all sides, better understood - or at least took the time to better understand - the evidence in the highest profile cases, both "made up" and real hate crimes might decrease.  Maybe the mistakes made in past history would be less likely to be repeated.  Maybe we would be less likely to become divided.  Who, in their right minds, wouldn't want that?

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#71Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 3/2/19 at 5:53pm

ErikJ972 said: "
real hate crimes have been on the rise.l"

Of course. It is cause and result. I expect it to rise even higher after the Jussie Smollett case. It creates a lot of anger.

False accusations have been on the rise in an extreme way, even here on the board, like I described. Please don't ignore that either. It is the cause.

Updated On: 3/2/19 at 05:53 PM

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#72Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 3/2/19 at 5:55pm

Pauly3 said: "Maybe we would be less likely to become divided. Who, in their right minds, wouldn't want that?"

The people who feed off the victim role.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#73Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 3/3/19 at 8:00am

"False accusations have been on the rise in an extreme way, even here on the board, like I described. "

No they are not. You're making that up to fit your racist agenda. False accusations have not been on the rise in any kind of way. They remain extremely rare. More complete BS from you.

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#74Jussie Smollett violently attacked
Posted: 3/3/19 at 11:50am

Facts don’t care about your feelings Erik. Stop thinking with your heart and start thinking with your head. ORANGE MAN BAD >Jussie Smollett violently attacked

Seriously though, “racist agenda” typical liberals.