Relevance81491
#25Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/4/19 at 2:34pm

any casting for Saturday Night?

Hamilfan2
#26Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/4/19 at 3:20pm

Relevance81491 said: "any casting for Saturday Night?"

I have a feeling that they will wait until tomorrow after L5Y to announce casting.  I wouldn't get your hopes up for any big names though lol.

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#27Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/4/19 at 9:44pm

JRB said tonight second stage did not want to use the actors from their productions, so no hope in anyone reprising roles.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#28Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/4/19 at 11:10pm

Huge bummer, I don't really think this was planned out very well.  

Hamilfan2
#29Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/5/19 at 12:11am

LuPita2 said: "Huge bummer, I don't really think this was planned out very well."

I honestly don’t think so either.  Based on what JRB said tonight it kind of sounded like this whole event series was just kind of thrown together.  I have tickets for Saturday Night and Dogfight already so a I am hoping for the best, but my expectations are low.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#31Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/5/19 at 4:24pm

Well, big fans of Mean Girls will be excited.

Meh.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#32Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/5/19 at 4:29pm

LuPita2 said: "Well, big fans of Mean Girls will be excited."

Is there crossover between MG fans and early Sondheim fans?

Interesting that Noah Brody of Fiasco Theatre is directing.

Hamilfan2
#33Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/5/19 at 4:45pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "LuPita2 said: "Well, big fans of Mean Girls will be excited."

Is there crossover between MG fans and early Sondheim fans?.
"

Probably not much overlap, but that's probably the point.  Sondheim will bring in the older generation and Mean Girls will bring in the younger generation.  Saturday Night is easily their toughest sell of the bunch (as evidence by the countless unsold tickets as opposed to the 3 other sold out concerts), so personally I think its smart to bring in people from Mean Girls.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#34Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/5/19 at 5:03pm

Totally agree.  I hope people have fun!

musicaltheatrechick
#35Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/5/19 at 6:29pm

Any word on Dogfight casting or did I miss something?

Hamilfan2
#36Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/5/19 at 8:58pm

musicaltheatrechick said: "Any word on Dogfight casting or did I miss something? "

Nope not yet, I would expect an announcement on Monday 3/11 or Tuesday 3/12 if they keep up with their current announcement schedule

LightsOut90
#37Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/6/19 at 1:25am

Just_John said: "JRB said tonight second stage did not want to use the actors from their productions, so no hope in anyone reprising roles."

what a enormously dumb idea, these concerts are ment to celebrate 40 years of 2ST, why not have people reprise roles???

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#38Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/6/19 at 10:16am

If Bonnie Milligan doesn't lead Dogfight I'd be shocked- but stranger things have happened. 

Hamilfan2
#39Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/6/19 at 10:37am

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "If Bonnie Milligan doesn't lead Dogfight I'd be shocked- but stranger things have happened."

How have I never thought of this, this is INSPIRED casting.  i will now be disappointed if it is anyone else!

Hamilfan2
#40Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/11/19 at 10:13pm

Was there tonight. As was Stephen Sondheim himself. For some unknown reason the show was cut down to 80 minutes no intermission (which I’m assuming will be the case for Dogfight and Next to Normal as well). For this show though it is probably for the best, given that the music is the better part of this show. The book and the plot are pretty all over the place, though there were some genuine moments of comedy. And as a Sondheim fan it really was a treat to get to hear this rarely performed score, even if it is a bit elementary.

ren598
#41Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:36pm

Hamilfan2 said: "Was there tonight. As was Stephen Sondheim himself. For some unknown reason the show was cut down to 80 minutes no intermission (which I’m assuming will be the case for Dogfight and Next to Normal as well). For this show though it is probably for the best, given that the music is the better part of this show. The book and the plot are pretty all over the place, though there were some genuine moments of comedy. And as a Sondheim fan it really was a treat to get to hear this rarely performed score, even if it is a bit elementary."

Just curious.  For those who attended L5Y, how long was that concert?  80 minutes seems rather short to me.

herewegoabc
#42Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/12/19 at 6:13pm

Sky Lakota Lynch from DEH is in Dogfight according to his IG.

HennySlay
#43Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/12/19 at 7:03pm

Ryan Vasquez who is in Hamilton is also going to be in Dogfight

JSquared2
#44Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/13/19 at 4:02pm

Still no official cast announcement for DOGFIGHT?  It's only 5 days away.  Second Stage has really pulled a "bait and switch" on this entire series so far.

corthomas
#45Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 2:49pm

Still nothing? Unless I missed it...

ren598
#46Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 2:55pm

Still no official casting announcement for Dogfight? I’m starting to regret buying a ticket to Next To Normal next week. I had to buy a subscription in order to be able to get a ticket. I had such high hopes for this series of concerts at the beginning. Now I’m just hoping for the best.

JSquared2
#47Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:08pm

I'd say that whoever is "producing" this series is doing a halfassed job of it -- but that would be giving them far too much credit!

InnerMonologue Profile Photo
InnerMonologue
#48Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 3:12pm

JSquared2 said: "I'd say that whoever is "producing" this series is doing a halfassed job of it -- but that would be giving them far too much credit!"

I agree!!! Last week, my source told me Jeremy Jordan was likely playing Eddie in Dogfight. But this lack of announcement could mean anything goes...

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#49Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 4:13pm

Whomever put this all together thought that people were coming to hear the show and did not care who performs it.  They were sorely mistaken. If they do this ever again, they should actually plan ahead and not scramble for last minute talent. What a letdown.