pixeltracker

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night- Page 3

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#50Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 4:40pm

LuPita2 said: "Whomever put this all together thought that people were coming to hear the show and did not care who performs it. They were sorely mistaken. If they do this ever again, they should actually plan ahead and not scramble for last minute talent. What a letdown."

God forbid a theatre company would expect the ticket-buyers to care about *GASP* THE SHOW. Quick, save us, Jeremy Jordan!

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#51Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 4:42pm

Not what I meant. And judging by this thread, everyone cares about the talent. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#52Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 5:11pm

LuPita2 said: "Not what I meant."

Well, what DID you mean? Feel free to clarify. 

"And judging by this thread, everyone cares about the talent."

Judging by this thread, maybe. But not judging by what actually matters: the ticket sales. Dogfight is completely sold out, and demand for Next to Normal tickets is so high that they're not even available to the general public. And yet neither show has announced its cast, so clearly not EVERYONE cares about the talent. And these ticket-buyers shouldn't feel let down, because they'll be given exactly what they were promised when they bought their tickets: a concert version of the billed show. 

EDIT: and I should clarify myself - I don't think there's anything wrong with caring about the talent. But if that's where your priorities are, you should make your ticket-buying decisions accordingly. If someone bought tickets to one of these shows only because they expected names in the cast, that's on them. Second Stage never promised names. 

Updated On: 3/14/19 at 05:11 PM

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#53Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 5:30pm

That's true, they never did promise names. I do know it was a let down to a lot of people that people previously involved in these shows would not be participating.  I meant that it's not all about the shows, a lot of people like seeing famous actors and Broadway actors they admire.  The music of all four shows has always been enough for me, but there is a reason people are impatient regarding the last two concerts.  I just think this was thrown together without much thought because audiences deserve better. 

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#54Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 5:53pm

Though their intention was to make the show the star for these concerts, they totally missed an opportunity to make these more like special one night only reunion concerts, something I feel like most of us assumed they would be.

But, putting that aside. I do wonder why this Dogfight announcement is so late, considering the cast have been in rehearsals this whole week.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#55Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 6:38pm

wish i were here2 said: "they totally missed an opportunity to make these more like special one night only reunion concerts, something I feel like most of us assumed they would be."

Ya know what happens when you assume.....

I think a lot of us have become spoiled by Encores and other concerts, which are basically fully staged and costumed productions with the orchestra onstage. The 2nd Stage concerts are readings, at music stands, in street clothes. Basically what you would see at an "industry presentation" or at a 54 Below show. It's a chance to hear these scores in New York again, and support 2nd Stage's 40th anniversary. 

Manage your expectations accordingly, but I had a great time!

ahhrealmonsters
#56Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/14/19 at 9:37pm

If anyone is selling an extra Dogfight ticket, I'm looking to buy one. At this point, I don't even care who's in the cast - I just want to see it live. Please PM me. Thanks!

msong
#58Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 10:30am

I’m actually surprised at how happy I am by this cast, especially considering how long it took for them to announce it. But Natalie Walker as Marcy?! I’m in!

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#59Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 10:31am

So who is playing Rose (Lindsay Mendez's part) and who is playing Marcy (Annaleigh Ashford's part)?

msong
#60Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 10:39am

As I said, Natalie Walker will be playing Marcy. If you look at the article posted, Micaela Diamond (the youngest Cher in the Cher Show) is set to play Rose.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#61Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 10:47am

msong - I didn't see your post before I made mine, and the article doesn't state who is playing which part. I'm very eh about this.

musicaltheatrechick
#62Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 11:36am

Can someone who is seeing Dogfight report back? I dont live in NYC and I love this musical. Im bummed I cant see it but would love to hear about it!

Hamilfan2
#63Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 11:43am

Love the cast tbh, although very dispapointed it’s not Bonnie as Rose. Michaela is a bit of a strange choice but I do think she is talented so we’ll see. Surprised they made an exception to their “we’re not going to cast any of the original cast members” for Derek. I wonder if they couldn’t find anyone else who was decently known. Natalie Walker is an inspired choice for Marcy. Very excited for Antonio Cirpiano as well. Just praying they do the whole show and don’t try to cut it down like they did with Saturday night.

JSquared2
#64Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 12:03pm

msong said: "As I said, Natalie Walker will be playing Marcy. If you look at the article posted, Micaela Diamond (the youngest Cher in the Cher Show) is set to play Rose."

Where in the article posted does it say those things?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#65Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/15/19 at 6:49pm

I’m so excited for Natalie Walker. What a perfect role for her.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#66Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/18/19 at 9:53pm

It was really lovely. 

Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night

RentBoy86
#67Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/18/19 at 10:13pm

I saw a posting for this that had zero pay listed for the actors? Just found that interesting.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#68Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/19/19 at 8:40am

I hope the NTN cast is announced today...

Really hoping for Julia Murney...

Hamilfan2
#69Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/19/19 at 10:48am

Saw the show last night and thought it was easily the best of the 3 so far.  The entire cast was perfect and it really was a great evening.  I forgot how gorgeous this score is.  Talking to the cast at the stage door last night they said they only had about 6 hours of rehearsal spread out across 3 days, which I found interesting.  Very impressed with what they were able to do in such a short amount of time.

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#70Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/19/19 at 11:45am

Personally I don’t really believe that Julia has the vocal chops any more to sing the score. Would love to see Stephanie J Block do it!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#71Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/19/19 at 11:49am

Hamilfan2 said: "Saw the show last night and thought it was easily the best of the 3 so far. The entire cast was perfect and itreally was a great evening. I forgot how gorgeous this score is. Talking to the cast at the stage door last night they said they only had about 6 hours of rehearsal spread out across 3 days, which I found interesting. Very impressed with what they were able to do in such a short amount of time."

If you don't mind, how long was the show last night?

Hamilfan2
#72Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/19/19 at 11:53am

CT2NYC said: "Hamilfan2 said: "Saw the show last night and thought it was easily the best of the 3 so far. The entire cast was perfect and itreally was a great evening. I forgot how gorgeous this score is. Talking to the cast at the stage door last night they said they only had about 6 hours of rehearsal spread out across 3 days, which I found interesting. Very impressed with what they were able to do in such a short amount of time."

If you don't mind, how long was the show last night?
"

Like the previous 2, it was 90 minutes no intermission!  Honestly it worked surprisingly well, I didn't even notice anything that they cut out.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#73Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/20/19 at 4:47pm

Anyone know about the NTN cast?

corthomas
#74Second Stage Musical Concerts - L5Y, N2N, Dogfight, Saturday Night
Posted: 3/20/19 at 5:24pm

I’ve been checking constantly but I haven’t seen an announcement yet.

Updated On: 3/20/19 at 05:24 PM