pixeltracker

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates- Page 4

Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates

treblemakerz Profile Photo
treblemakerz
#75Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/22/19 at 11:20pm

bbrianox said: "It seems they have a lot more tickets since opening. I arrived at 10:00am for a 10am box office open and they gave almost 40 tickets. I got one. I think 5am is safe."

Interesting. Maybe I'll swing by tomorrow after all.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#76Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/23/19 at 10:42am

How was the line this morning?

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#77Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 6:06am

12th in line at 6am on Wednesday 4/24

Dkinny23
#78Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 8:03am

Have they been doing standing room yet? Wondering if they wait for completely sold out to start selling them or if people have been getting SRO tickets in the morning when people are lined up for rush tickets?

I have to be at work at 9am in the Bronx every day, so there’s no chance for rush during the week, but if I could possibly pop over to the box office after work for a SRO I’d be happy

magictodo123
#79Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 8:23am

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns said: "12th in line at 6am on Wednesday 4/24"

...wow. I wonder what time the first person in line got there! 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#80Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 8:47am

Now that they’re selling more rush tickets, I hope the reverse-snowball effect starts coming into play. Hopefully soon people won’t have to get there at 3am, so nobody will do it anymore. As it is,12th person in line at 6am on a two-show day is a slight improvement from before, isn’t it? At least you have a good chance at getting in.

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#81Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 9:04am

JBroadway said: "Now that they’re selling more rush tickets, I hope the reverse-snowball effect starts coming into play. Hopefully soon people won’t have to get there at 3am, so nobody will do it anymore. As it is,12th person in line at 6am on a two-show day is a slight improvement from before, isn’t it? At least you have a good chance at getting in. "

I hope so!

To answer the question further up, I think the first couple of people got here at around 3 am. The people three in front of me got here at around 5 am.

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#82Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 10:24am

Got two tickets for the matinee. There was one seat left for the evening when I got there.

stinap117
#83Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 4:02pm

My friend and I got there at 5:20 and were the 5th in line. There was one person ahead of us getting tickets for the matinee and the other three were getting tickets for the evening. I know that the person ahead of us got there at 4:45 or so, and the people strictly behind us got tickets although I don’t know how many people got them after that.

Also, re: SRO, they only sell those when every single other seat is sold but they do sell it and it’s a good view and a good price! When I did it on Sunday they had people line up outside and starting bringing them in around 6:50-6:55 for a 7:00 show. I got there at 6:20 and was 7th in line, the people behind me were the last people to get tickets, from what I saw.

talinatter Profile Photo
talinatter
#84Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/24/19 at 4:13pm

I got there at 2am on Tuesday and was first. The next people didn’t come until 4:30, and a few more around 6. There were 10 people around 8 and 20ish by 10. I’m not sure how many got tickets but mine were incredible left orchestra seats

Updated On: 4/24/19 at 04:13 PM

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#85Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/25/19 at 12:08am

I won the lottery for today's matinee and I'm glad this wasn't my first time seeing the show. Seats were B4/6 (front row Orch right) and the view was "meh". I can't argue the price (on TM, same seats are $249 each), but the view was terrible. If this had been my first visit, I don't think I'd be so enamored with the show Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  My thoughts:

Pros: you're right there with the cast - you can see every tear and drop of sweat. Reeve took his bows in front of me! Great spot for seeing the cast/set/band up close. The Hades fog rolled over us - very cool.

Cons: you are way below the stage. Granted, I am short, but you'd have to be Timothy Hughes to be able to catch a glimpse of the floor itself. Remember the flower on the floor? Yep, if I didn't know to sit super high up, I would have missed it.  If you are on the sides, like we were, you're always looking to the side and your neck will not like you. You also get a lot of backs turned to you.

Here are some shots.

LOOKING STRAIGHT UP AND AHEAD:

LOOKING UP AND TOWARDS CENTER STAGE:

LOOKING STRAIGHT AHEAD WHILE SEATED:

chuckydisc
#86Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/25/19 at 3:13pm

CarmenA3 said: "I won the lottery for today's matinee and I'm glad this wasn't my first time seeing the show. Seats were B4/6 (front row Orch right) and the view was "meh". I can't argue the price (on TM, same seats are $249 each), but the view was terrible. If this had been my first visit, I don't think I'd be so enamored with the show Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates My thoughts:

Pros: you're right there with the cast - you can see every tear and drop of sweat.Reeve took his bows in front of me! Great spot for seeing the cast/set/band up close. The Hades fog rolled over us - very cool.

Cons: you are way below the stage. Granted, I am short, but you'd have to be Timothy Hughes to be able to catch a glimpse of the floor itself. Remember the flower on the floor? Yep, if I didn't know to sit super high up, I would have missed it. If you are on the sides, like we were, you're always looking to the side and your neck will not like you. You also get a lot of backs turned to you.

Here are some shots.

LOOKING STRAIGHT UP AND AHEAD:

LOOKING UP AND TOWARDS CENTER STAGE:

LOOKING STRAIGHT AHEAD WHILE SEATED:

"

Did you not sit on a booster cushion? 

wyc
#87Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/25/19 at 6:05pm

Has anyone not gotten a rush ticket and been offered day-of seats? are they regular priced or do they give you a discount? 

chuckydisc
#88Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/25/19 at 7:10pm

wyc said: "Has anyone not gotten a rush ticket and been offered day-of seats? are they regular priced or do they give you a discount?"

What are "day-of seats"?

magictodo123
#89Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/25/19 at 8:12pm

chuckydisc said: "wyc said: "Has anyone not gotten a rush ticket and been offered day-of seats? are they regular priced or do they give you a discount?"

What are "day-of seats"?
"

You just walk up to the box office and ask what they have available for that evenings performance. 

RndmAnswrs4RndmQstns
#90Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/26/19 at 2:32am

wyc said: "Has anyone not gotten a rush ticket and been offered day-of seats? are they regular priced or do they give you a discount?"

They offered $99 tickets when they ran out of seats for the evening performance, but I’m not sure if those are discounted or where they are.

reyannalisa
#91Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/26/19 at 9:09am

rushing tomorrow. just haven't decided what time I wanna get there yet. wish me luck.

magictodo123
#92Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/26/19 at 9:28am

reyannalisa said: "rushing tomorrow. just haven't decided what time I wanna get there yet. wish me luck."

Good luck!! I'd suggest as early as possible because didn't someone say they got there at 2:30am or something? 

Matt Siegel
#93Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/27/19 at 3:06pm

What time should I be at the theater tomorrow (Sunday) to get 2 rush tickets?

Updated On: 4/27/19 at 03:06 PM

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#94Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/27/19 at 4:12pm

Matt Siegel said: "What time should I be at the theater tomorrow (Sunday) to get 2 rush tickets?"

From reports, and the limited rush tickets it seems they distribute, probably 2am?

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#95Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/27/19 at 7:48pm

Why are people lining up at 2 AM to get rush tickets for a show that has been on TKTS the last few days? I mean time has to translate into dollars at some point doesn’t it?

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#96Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/27/19 at 11:28pm

QueenAlice said: "Why are people lining up at 2 AM to get rush tickets for a show that has been on TKTS the last few days? I mean time has to translate into dollars at some point doesn’t it?"

Definitely not for everyone. For people on a budget, there is a big difference between $42 and $115 or whatever it is at TKTS. Time only translates into dollars if you actually have the potential to work and earn money during those hours. So unless you’re sacrificing a graveyard shift to do the rush, then the time really doesn’t translate into dollars. If you have the money spare, then sure you might consider choosing the easier route over the cheaper route, but that isn’t an option for everyone. 

I’m lucky enough that I have enough income that I can occasionally “splurge” on $60-$80 tickets if it saves me from having to get up early in the morning on one of my few days off from work. But if you had asked me just a few years ago when I was a student, forget about it! Rush was the only way to go. 

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#97Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/28/19 at 10:16am

sleep > Money

jonah3500
#98Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/28/19 at 7:14pm

Walked up at noon today and joined the rush line. They disappeared quickly, but then they started offering $99 tickets in the boxes. By the time I got to the front, they were out so I went to the standing room line and I was sixth in line, and the eighth ticket. The person at the box office told us that once the show was sold out we would get SRO, but they actually didn't give them out until 2:30 for a 3:00 PM show. They were marked partial view, but all that you missed was Hades's face in one scene. Since I'm short, I asked how tall the wall was, and they said it was 5'3", but it really was more like 4'3". 

Hope this helps!

rg7759
#99Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates
Posted: 4/28/19 at 7:30pm

jonah3500 said: "Walked up at noon today and joined the rush line. They disappeared quickly, but then they started offering $99 tickets in the boxes. By the time I got to the front, they were out so I went to the standing room line and I was sixth in line, and the eighth ticket. The person at the box office told us that once the show was sold out we would get SRO, but they actually didn't give them out until 2:30 for a 3:00 PM show. They were marked partial view, but all that you missed was Hades's face in one scene. Since I'm short, I asked how tall the wall was, and they said it was 5'3", but it really was more like 4'3".

Hope this helps!
"

itd be funny if they pointed at standing room a la the enemy as they sing why we build the wall